Kunena 5.2.2 released (13 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.2 [K 5.2.2] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #521 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: bbcode bar
Thanks, David. What you and we are saying is effectively the same thing. There are far too many old, outdated, clunky Joomla templates "in the wild" that unsuspecting users do install (without realising the problems they're taking on board) and then they wonder why their websites don't work with other software that was developed years later. What we have said, consistently, is that when people build their websites they should have a strategic plan first. This, to some degree, is covered by the somewhat satirical points I made in Which came first? The template or the forum? Likewise, the point that we want to make in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena is that people sometimes have to make some difficult choices.

I'm pleased that, in this case, discovering the cause of the problem was that easy. I hope everything works well for you with Kunena for the future.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 days ago #522 by kodegaard
Hi, and thanks a lot for the help last time. :) It all works perfectly well in every browser on my computer now, after updating joomla and disabling the legacy plugin.

But for some reason other users are telling me that they still can't edit their profile or add pictures to the forum in IE. Does anyone have a clue about what the problem could be? I am using a template called Braincode Grunge.

More
9 years 10 hours ago #523 by kodegaard

More
9 years 10 hours ago #524 by sozzled
I looked at your site - I cannot access your forum - and you are using the following Javascript libraries:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/braincode-grunge/slideshow/script/jd.gallery.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="templates/braincode-grunge/slideshow/script/jd.gallery.set.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/braincode-grunge/javascript/utility.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="/templates/braincode-grunge/javascript/custom_elements.js"></script>
I don't know what these things do. Do you know what these things do? These things could be conflicting with ../plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js - I don't know - and you should contact the people who designed "Braincode Grunge"" and ask them.

The answer is to read msg #1 in this topic.

More
9 years 6 hours ago #525 by wartorious
Replied by wartorious on topic Please help!
hey there. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work! My website is www.wrinklys.com

on the forum the 'edit user profile' page is broken and does not load.

You can go to the forum and see the problem. Please log in with user [email protected] DOLE password DOLE and then go to Profile, then Edit. The page then breaks or is missing,

I have tried reinstalling the software, checked every setting I can think of and activated and deactivated Moontools thing, etc.

Please, if you can help I would be very happy!!

More
9 years 6 hours ago #526 by wartorious
Replied by wartorious on topic Re: Please help!
Please help!!!

my code:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 16M | Max file upload: 5M

Joomla default template details : wrinklys | author: David Beck | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-01-04

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
9 years 6 hours ago #527 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Please help!
Welcome to Kunena,

Try the default joomla template. I think its a Artisteer problem.

regards 810

More
9 years 6 hours ago #528 by sozzled
G'day, wartorious, and welcome to Kunena.

Please see msg #1 in this topic. The answer is there. :)

More
9 years 5 hours ago #529 by wartorious
Replied by wartorious on topic Re: Please help!
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that. I have also just tried changing to the default template, logged out, cleared browser cache and tried logging in with default. the problem is still there in the default template.

More
9 years 5 hours ago #530 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Re: Please help!
1) Update joomla to 1.5.25
2) Increase your php to 32mb
3) enable System - Mootools Upgrade

regards 810

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds