Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 4 months ago #481 by JuggZaPoppiN
So an issue on my site. countdown2chaos.com/ has been brought to my attention.
registered users cannot edit their profiles successfully.
Whenever a user tries to add an avatar or signature and hit the save button. Nothing happens.
I however am allowed to do so when I log in as administrator.
in the kunena configuration settings I have avatars allowed, and adjusted the max size of avatars.

I am running the latest version of Joomla, and Kunena rith a RT template.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #482 by sozzled
If you would like our help, please follow the advice given in the posting guide (printed at the top of this page), thank you. We cannot see a thing at your forum because you have restricted access to it. Perhaps you have a test account we can use If you would like us to see the same problems that your users see?

It's a fairly safe bet that your problems are being caused by that horrible Javascript "snow storm" effect - we've seen it before. If this is the case, you have a decision to make: "snow" vs. being able to use the forum. See msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #483 by JuggZaPoppiN
Thanks for the reply.
I went ahead and disabled the snow feature and the issue still remains.
Only myself as admin can edit their profile.
other members who edit theirs the save button does nothing.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #484 by sozzled
As a general statement - if you search this forum for what has been written in the past - the users-cannot-save-their-profile problem is invariably caused by a Javascript library conflict with Joomla. The problem is caused by something added by a site manager that clobbers Joomla's Mootools library. This is almost universally the problem. Rockettheme templates are not immune to this problem; fortunately there's a simple solution (assuming that the problem is caused by the Rockettheme template).

I don't know specifically what's the cause of your problem. In the absence of the information requested in the posting guide, and our inability to actually see the specific issues for ourselves (because you have restricted access to anyone outside your community) I was guessing. I suggest that, if you want our help, you look more closely at the posting guide printed at the top of this page and that you reconsider your decision not to share further information about your site with us. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #485 by JuggZaPoppiN
Ok.i went ahead and created a user account for you to login with. www.countdown2chaos.com/
This message contains confidential information

Hope this helps.
thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #486 by sozzled
It doesn't really help, no. :(

I logged into your site. I tried to update the profile - pressed the save button, no response. This suggests to me that the Kunena template you're using (Snilloconator's Aphotic II - which isn't an officially supported template) doesn't work with whatever you've installed. The problem is, we don't know what you've installed.

I've asked you twice before to read the posting guide. The posting guide refers to What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? We could probably have answered your question by now if we did not have to keep asking for the information - your configuration report - to start with.

Try a different template: use the Blue Eagle template. Prove to yourself that your users can save their profile with the Blue Eagle template. If the Blue Eagle template works, then tell the author of the Aphotic II template that you're having problems with his template and whatever version of Kunena you're using. The Kunena project is not responsible for fixing problems with the Aphotic II template.

See also Which came first? The template or the forum?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #487 by JuggZaPoppiN
Ok. I tried Using the Blue Eagle template. And it still does not work.
Here is a copy of my configuration report.
Maybe this will help you.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rt_nebulae_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: April 28, 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #488 by sozzled
Thank you for finally giving us a copy of your configuration report. As far as we know, the Aphotic II template does not work with K 1.7.1 and J! 1.7.3. Any problems that you have, arising from the use of the Aphotic II template need to be directed to the author of that template. This forum is only for problems that people have with the Blue Eagle template.

While it is uncommon for a Mootools Javascript library conflict to arise in J! 1.7.3, it's not impossible.

When you read msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first. (as I asked you to do in msg #2 of this topic) you would have seen, in the links that are given at the end of that message, there is a tip for people who use Rockettheme templates: set Build Title Spans = No. I assume that you have already done that? Yes?

More
12 years 3 months ago #489 by JuggZaPoppiN

set Build Title Spans = No. I assume that you have already done that? Yes?

That is correct that is already done.
Do you think it could be a permissions thing?
Seeing Only myself can change their profile being I an an admin.
I did look at every setting possible and could not find anything?

Would it be easier for you to look at things if I set you a temporary admin account and PM you the details?

thanks again.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #490 by sozzled
It is highly unlikely that this involves "permissions" (unless you've been fiddling with Joomla ACLs). For one thing, an administrator cannot edit another user's profile at all on the frontend (and that's where people are having their problems). I'm still quite sure that this is an issue involving Javascript but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

The easiest way for you to establish what is at the heart of the problem is for you to create a completely new test site, install J! 1.7.3, K 1.7.1 and nothing else. Do no add any fancy templates, or any other software. See if you can, with a non-privileged account, edit and save your Kunena profile. If you cannot do that then it calls into question whether there's something peculiar with your webhosting provider (or the way that you have configured Joomla, PHP, etc.).

Editing and saving a user profile is pretty basic stuff. The problem you have is more fundamental than giving us administrator access to your site. In cases like this, you need to find out (a) if the function works independently of whatever else you've installed before (b) figuring out what is causing this feature to not work.

Time to create page: 0.855 seconds