Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #191 by wiseboke
It's not that reason,I got the problem after some careful checks,it's because I changed the menu type of Forum to Index.But here is the proble,in the morning,I changed it becasue there was a suffix after the /forum link.Before it was ?func when the sh404sef is enabled.Now I'm using the core sef,?lang=en is added.1.7.0 worked great for me.I don't know what happened to 1.7.1,always get some small problems

Update:sloved. before the forum link is /forum,and now it is /forum.html ,if I visit it with the old /forum link ,?lan=en will be added,otherwise,it works great

Talk about yur shopping experience at shopping forum .
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by wiseboke.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #192 by smerdini
Replied by smerdini on topic Question about top menu
Hello everyone.
I just found Kunena and installed it on my website and it looks great!

By the way I couldn't find a way to set up a top menu like you have on this forum (Index, Recent Topics, New Topic, etc).
Can you help me?
More
12 years 4 months ago #193 by sozzled
More
12 years 4 months ago #194 by JayShoe
Replied by JayShoe on topic Kunena_menu not displaying
My site does not show Kunena_menu. I tried adjusting the settings of the module to "Show on all pages" to see if that would help any. It then showed the profile but not the entire menu. So then I deleted the Kunena_menu from the menu manager and tried to create a menu using the control panel. I got the error, "Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent". So then I upgraded to version 1.7.1, during installation I got the same error, "Another menu item has the same alias in Root. Root is the top level parent". What should I try next?
More
12 years 4 months ago #195 by JayShoe
OK, I fixed it myself. Note to other users. You must remove ALL instances of menu items to your kunena forum and all menu items must not have an alias of "forum". Then you can delete the kunena_menu from the menu manager, and recreate it in the kunena control panel.

I finally got it to work by being diligent and removing ALL menu items with "forum" in the title at all..... Probably overkill but it worked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #196 by sozzled

JayShoe wrote: OK, I fixed it myself. Note to other users. You must remove ALL instances of menu items to your kunena forum and [other] menu items must not have an alias of "forum".

That's what we've been trying to tell people for the past 12 months and why we've written FAQs see the menu tab above the forum?), Wiki articles and replied to this question a few hundred times. Thanks for your help, I hope others will learn from your experience. :)
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #197 by JayShoe
From the FAQ:

How do I restore my Kunena menu?[2]

The Kunena menu is a set of tabs that appears across the top of the forum pages. In some cases, this menu does not appear for a variety of causes.

A simple remedy for the problem is to use the trash-burn-build technique:

Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum
Ensure that you do not have a folder named /forum on your site.
Empty the menu trash.
Use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel to restore your Kunena menu.
Make sure that you publish a link in your menu that calls the Kunena forum. Use the Alias Menu type to define that link (see Customised menus for more information)
Ensure that you have published a menu module for the kunenamenu template position.

Maybe this would help others instead:

1. Trash all existing menus and menu items that relate to your Kunena forum or any other forum that you've ever had installed or referenced to.
  2. Trash all menu items that have an alias of "forum" in any and all menus.
  3. In Joomla 1.5, empty the menu trash (this is not needed in 1.7.)
  4. Use the Create Menu feature in the Kunena control panel to restore your Kunena menu.

Your menu should work now. If it doesn't...
  • Make sure that you publish a link in your menu that calls the Kunena forum. Use the Alias Menu type to define that link (see Customised menus for more information)
  • Ensure that you have published a menu module for the kunenamenu template position.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by JayShoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
12 years 4 months ago #198 by bagoush
Upgraded from 1.6.1 which took awhile it get it working, upgraded, now I dont have the index, recent topics, new top, etc, even when hit create kunea menu. And when clicked to create a new topic it redirects to refresh the forum or goes to reply to a random topic not make a new one :c

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : gk_gamebox | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.0.19 | creationdate: 23/11/2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.12 | Jomsocial 2.2.2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4 | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4 | Kunena Groups 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4

More
12 years 4 months ago #199 by sozzled
Your basic question about a missing Kunena menu is answered by looking at the FAQs page (see the menu item above the forum) or by looking at the tips posted in this category.

sh404SEF adds a whole new layer of complexity to the problem and if you don't know your way around that component then you need to ask questions on the sh404SEF forum.

You also need to upgrade all of this software (assuming that you still want to use it): Kunena Search 1.6.4; Kunena Discuss 1.6.4; My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.4; My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4; Kunena Groups 1.6.4; Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4
More
12 years 4 months ago #200 by apandit
Hello Support

I have just installed the latest version of joomla 1.7 and latest version of kunena 1.7 on ubuntu 11.10.
The installation when without any issues.

I created the menu - however I see no kunena menu on the front end! could not find answers for this after 2 hours of search.

Can u guide me in the right direction
Time to create page: 0.645 seconds