Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #161 by kunenamies
Hi,

My first post here ever and it has to be a possible bug ;) Tried finding the answer from the forum but could not find this topic. If it has been solved then I am sorry for using the bandwidth...

I have noticed one strange thing happening when you enter the same Kunena Forum topic either via Kunena Discuss or via Kunena Forum. So I have an article that can be commented (Kunena Discuss enabled for that category and linked to a Kunena Topic). If enter the Kunena Forum and the topic by selecting "Discuss this article in the forums..." I get to the right place in Kunena but there are no Kunena menus. On the other hand, if I go to Kunena Forum and browse to the same topic that way I do have the Kunena menus. The difference seems to be the links used (I have SEF on):

Kunena Discuss generated link: www.domain.com/en/component/kunena/8-category-name/2-topic

Kunena Forum link: www.domain.com/en/forum/8-category-name/2-topic

One uses the words "component/kunena" and the other simply "forum" in the path. Is this a bug or is this how things are supposed to work?

Getting around this puts you back to the age old Joomla problem: How to generate menus for links that are dynamically generated without a lot of unnecessary work...

I have the latest J!1.7, Kunena Forum 1.6.5 and the latest Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 so I should be pretty much up-to-date with everything relevant I guess.

Anyways, thank you for great work and component(s) the whole Kunena team!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kunenamies.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 7 months ago #162 by sozzled
G'day, kunenamies, and welcome to Kunena.

Let me see if I understand your question properly. You've followed the guide to creating a Kunena menu (as discussed in many sticky topics in the K 1.6 and K 1.7 Common Questions category or by referring to the "Kunena menu issues" on the FAQs tab above).

To be sure that I completely understand your question properly, and to be sure that this problem you're having is directly related to the Kunena Discuss plugin, are you claiming that you can see the Kunena menu when you access your forum from a menu item but the menu disappears when you go to the forum, somehow, as the result of making a comment on a Jooma artilce? Have I correctly summarised your question?

It sounds to me like you have a problem with the way that you've set up your Joomla menu. Your configuration report will assist in answering those questions.
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #163 by kunenamies
I think you summarized it quite OK but let me clarify:

Kunena Forum as such works fine when I enter it by selecting the Kunena menu. I see all Kunena menu items and the forum works as it should. I can go to the topic that has been selected for Kunena Discuss to allow quick commenting directly from the selected articles (categories) and they work just fine and all Kunena menus work as they should.

However, if I go to an article that somebody has commented and I now see the link "Discuss this article in the forums" and I click that => the system takes me to the right place (i enter Kunena Forum and I see the topic) but I do not see the Kunena main menus at all.

I think I have followed the guidelines but I will double check tomorrow.

And you are right: This might not be a Kunena Discuss issue at all. It just sounded like a logical place to start.

The config is attached and thank you so much for looking into this...
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : my_domain_template_1 | author: My Domain | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 01-21-2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.6 configuration report in message
More
12 years 7 months ago #164 by sozzled
Thank you for your config. report. Your report shows that you have not correctly setup your Kunena menu according to the guides that are published on that issue. I have merged this topic with another topic that deals with this broader issue of how to setup your Kunena menu. On this basis, this question is not specifically related to a problem introduced specifically by the Kunena Discuss plugin but goes to the heart of how to set up the Kunena menu properly in the first place.

When you have properly set up the Kunena menu properly it will work regardless of how you access your forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenamies
More
12 years 7 months ago #165 by Matias
@kunenaäijä:

I can also see that you have multi-language environment in your site? Kunena 1.6 is lacking support for Joomla multi-language menus (it was added into k1.7.0).
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenamies
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #166 by kunenamies
I do have multi-language environment but Kunena (menus etc. where language can actually be set) is set to "All" so it works in its native language still. However, I have translated the Kunena menu titles to the local language thinking that that does not hurt but I think I have probably done a bit too much there and I now tried to reconstruct the menus as instructed => Everything works as it should! Sorry, should have tried that as the first thing but it did not occur to me since Kunena seemed to work just fine. Live and learn.

Cannot wait for Kunena 1.7 and the new Kunena Discuss and proper language support.
Btw, is it OK to change the Kunena menu label names without affecting Kunena functionality?

And I am very grateful for the support!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kunenamies. Reason: Rebuild the menus and it worked!
More
12 years 7 months ago #167 by Matias
Menu items are just menu items.. Nothing more.

The multi-language support in K1.7 for Kunena works by adding all languages into the same Kunena Menu. Just don't use All after you add the language support as it probably messes things up.
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #168 by kimba
I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem here.

I've been able to successfully enable to the Kunena menu on frontend but when I try to select a single category or a topic, the menu completely disappears. What might be causing this?
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kimba.
More
12 years 7 months ago #169 by Matias
Enable debug mode and it should tell you why.. :)
More
12 years 7 months ago #170 by fairwea1
Hi, I'm having the same issue. Debug says:

Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. No suitable menu item found.

Is there a way to create a menu item for this, I'm not seeing one?

Thanks,
Eric
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds