Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 7 months ago #171 by Matias
Thank you from the error message.

It looks like Kunena fails to find suitable menu item. Do you have menu called Kunena Menu and all items in there? Kunena 1.6/1.7 depends on having that menu -- Kunena 2.0 doesn't need it anymore.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 6 months ago #172 by Watty80_99
I am using Kunena 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.24 - configuration settings report attached below. My problem is that any link to the root /forum gives a 404 error. This means that any replies or new posts do not work at present. I have installed Mootools upgrade, and went to 1.5.24 to resolve a separate issue with the main site. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'd love to know what it is...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Joomla default template details : pangea | author: Zahir Mirza | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 04 Jan, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 6 months ago #173 by sozzled
G'day, Watty, and welcome to Kunena.

I went to your site but there's not a lot I can see because I don't have any access to your forum. I suggest you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki to gain some appreciation for how "/forum" links should work (and why they may not work). You should also read about why you should not be using Legacy mode, too; you should know that any components that you've installed that require "legacy mode" are unsupported and are likely candidates for completely making a mess of your site. Our advice is to disable "legacy" mode and remove any components that are dependent on that plug-in.
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #174 by Watty80_99
Thanks for that - I have checked, and SEO is set up correctly. I disabled the Legacy plugin, but it has made no difference. I also restored Kumena to default settings (fortunately, I am just setting the board up, so I'm not running a huge risk with this! Restoring to default has had no effect either. Further observed behaviours:

If I go to the forum as a guest, and attempt to log in, it returns me to the Joomla login page and tells me I must login first. Then, when I do that, I get a 404 page, although it does appear to log me ion this time.

Once logged in, I can navigate the forum as normal, but when I reply to a post, or use quick reply, I am redirected to www.pgysa.bc.ca/forum/post.html , with a 404 and nothing is posted. This is true whether I log in as myself, a Super Administrator, or as a regular user.

Generic login for testing:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Watty80_99. Reason: add login
More
12 years 6 months ago #175 by sozzled
I will look into this later. I suggest that you read again the link that I posted in my earlier reply. It's quite possible that the .htaccess file that you're using may be old or customised and it would be a good idea to replace it with the standard file that ships with Joomla (as htaccess.txt which you have to rename). Also I don't think it adds anything to your website if your pages have a .html suffix (so I would turn off that option).
More
12 years 6 months ago #176 by Watty80_99
I'll do both of those, thanks.
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177 by sozzled
I think I've figured out why your links aren't working and why you're getting 404 errors. Most of the time, these things are caused by not properly setting up the Kunena menu. There is a guide in the FAQs page to how you should do this. It involves a technique that we sometimes refer to as the "trash-burn-build" approach. You trash your existing menu items that have links to Kunena, delete them from the menu trash, and use the Kunena Create Menu function in the backend. This, almost certainly, should fix your problem.

See How do I restore my Kunena menu?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 6 months ago #178 by Watty80_99
Thank you, that seems to have done the trick. Now going through my notes to find out what I did to mess it up!
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #179 by f0CUS
nvm, got it :P
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by f0CUS.
More
12 years 5 months ago #180 by perpetuo
Replied by perpetuo on topic Tabs??
Hi,

Why on my website ( www.craff.org/portal/ ) does not appear the tabs, like in this forum?

Someone can help me?

Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds