Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 2 months ago #851 by snilloconator
Try going to your plugins in joomla backend and make sure "System - Mootools Upgrade" is turned on.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 months ago #852 by geoffr
Thanks - I got the BBCode, Add File working by enabling the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin.

Are there any obvious drawbacks, conflicts or limitations in having this enabled?

Thanks,
Geoff
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #853 by sozzled

geoffr wrote: Are there any obvious drawbacks, conflicts or limitations in having this enabled?

There are no drawbacks (obvious ones or otherwise) to enabling the System - Mootools Upgrade plugin unless you are using another Joomla extension that does not like Mootools 1.2.4. Under those circumstances, enabling this plugin will cause other Joomla extensions to misbehave. If you don't use any of those other Joomla extensions, you have nothing to worry about.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffr
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #854 by celdric
Hi. Thanks alot for reponse. Well, the plugin was disabled indeed. However, now I could theoretically edit the profile datas and upload avatars. I say theoretically because after activating the mootools upgrade the "edit" and the "back" buttons to access the profile editing form lost their ability to work as links and appearently turned to a text part of the form header.

Simple said at the moment I either have option to access the editing form, but editing doesn't work. Or with mootools upgrade enabled editing works, but I have not buttons to access the form.

If it's not Joomla, maybe there is a conflict between the Kunena css and the rocket theme I use? A screenshot is attachted.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by celdric.
More
13 years 2 months ago #855 by sozzled
celdric: Have you searched this forum for examples of your particular problem? It seems that you are experiencing one of the many issues that has been discussed in [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion . If that is the case, please let us know and we will merge this topic with the one I have just mentioned.

Your situation does not seem to be a case of a conflict between the CSS of Rockettheme and Kunena. CSS does not usually affect the way that web pages operate in ways like you have described.

Thank you. I hope this helps all of us. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: celdric
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #856 by celdric
I guess you are aware that this merged thread has 82 pages? lol Well, I was digging until now and finally a found the reason for the problem. It's actually caused by a rocket theme feature. Thanks alot to Garycpos. I quoted his hint below. Maybe it's an help for other rocket theme users also.
So at the moment I can confirm that admin profil editing work. I will test it with a user account also and add the information.

Update: Profile editing works for user accounts also.

Hi Soz,

Yes, that link enabled me to find the problem

I also have a rocket based theme !! but built by somebody else, and after following Johns same issue I "turned off" build title spans in Theme Advanced ... and low and behold my edit button appeared and I can now edit my profile

Gary

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by celdric.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #857 by sozzled

celdric wrote: I guess you are aware that this merged thread has 82 pages?

Which all the more should make people appreciate that these issues are not actually Kunena issues but are issues with other Joomla extension. As you have discovered, in your case, the issue lie at the heart of the Joomla site template that you are using.

People assume, quite reasonably and understandably (and I say that we are most sympathetic to understanding how frustrating these things must appear to be), that, because Kunena does not function properly, the cause of that fault lies at the core of Kunena product. That is partly true. The cause of the problems lies within the software that Kunena relies upon (Mootools 1.2.4). What people fail to understand is that it is very easy to change the way that Joomla behaves when you add other software (such as a site template that introduces its own Javascript behaviours). By the time people have added several other Joomla extensions, the software "soup" is already too rich for Kunena to blend with the mixture.

In summary: Yes, known Rockettheme issue with well-documented explanations about how to resolve the problems.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 months ago #858 by geoffr
I'm glad it is well documented... but it is hard to find! ;-)

thanks,
Geoff
More
13 years 2 months ago #859 by Kolesar
Hi All

I found the solution, Yuuuupeeee :woohoo:

1. In all Gavick modules set to Force disable Using mootools option

2. Disable System Using Mootools plugin

3. In my template I have changed the order of lines of code. I have a feeling that this was a major problem.
Now the line of code in this order:
<head>
<jdoc:include type="head" />
<?php JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');?>

Since I have made many changes, I do not remember all, but I probably changed something else. If I think I'll write here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled
More
13 years 2 months ago #860 by water
how did you fixed this problem? i have the same problem can you tell me
Time to create page: 0.800 seconds