Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 1 month ago #871 by sozzled

thezone wrote: This forum post is exactly what is going on... now we have rocket themes throwing errors, if the new mootools upgrade is running... What is the solution for all this?

Two immediate suggestions:

(1) Report your difficulties to the Rockettheme support forum

(2) See Matias' response earlier
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #872 by celdric

sozzled wrote:

celdric wrote: I guess you are aware that this merged thread has 82 pages?

Which all the more should make people appreciate that these issues are not actually Kunena issues but are issues with other Joomla extension. As you have discovered, in your case, the issue lie at the heart of the Joomla site template that you are using.

People assume, quite reasonably and understandably (and I say that we are most sympathetic to understanding how frustrating these things must appear to be), that, because Kunena does not function properly, the cause of that fault lies at the core of Kunena product. That is partly true. The cause of the problems lies within the software that Kunena relies upon (Mootools 1.2.4). What people fail to understand is that it is very easy to change the way that Joomla behaves when you add other software (such as a site template that introduces its own Javascript behaviours). By the time people have added several other Joomla extensions, the software "soup" is already too rich for Kunena to blend with the mixture.

In summary: Yes, known Rockettheme issue with well-documented explanations about how to resolve the problems.

Well, I have no doubts that there are easier jobs on web than yours. :) Anyway, I don't think that people overcrowd the suppport forums (not only Kunenas) because they are dumb or to lazy to find solutions for their software problems by themselves.

I think Joomla was developed for a use with modules and extensions. So one can't blame people, if they do so. I'm on web since end of the 90s and I'm using Joomla many years. In my opinion it changed over the time from a system that was easy to understand even for common users more and more to an expert system. Now they are at Version 1.6. And people who just managed to get familiar with the 1.5 version are forced to learn the new, if they want to stay up to date.

It's the same with the extension. Update follows update und each one is more feature rich and sophisticated then the version before.

Speaking of Rocketthemes. This is the best example. I don't know what these guys are thinking. As I mentioned I'm a couple of years on web. Not that I'm a programmer or coder, but I learned enough about Joomla templates that I normally don't need any help.
But Rockthemes template are a pain in the a** to me. Sorry, my language. But I can't count how many hours I spent in the last months in their support forum or on searching on web to find solutions for issues which I had with one of their over-fancy and script overfreighted templates.

Anway, it's not my intension to rant here. :) I just think, the more simple and easy one keeps the software the less people will be in need for technical support and stress the developer folks with questions.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by celdric.
More
13 years 1 month ago #873 by sozzled
If you read Mootools 1.2.4 you will see that it was the deliberate intention of the Kunena development team to keep things simple. Yes, the Kunena developers could have done the same thing that other developers had done, and they could have built a Javascript library that was independent of Joomla ... and we would still be in the same situation.

Javascript library conflicts and Kunena are not new. The were around in the days of K 1.0 and K 1.5. There was no common cause for the problems ... they just were. K 1.6 took a different turn and, in doing so, exposed the weaknesses inherent in many other Joomla extensions. We know that this will cause a lot of people difficulty but, in order to keep in step with the future of Joomla, the decision - which was just as difficult for the developers to make as it is for the community to accept (perhaps) - was taken to go back to basics.

Thank you for your observations, celdric. Have you fixed the problem yet?
More
13 years 1 month ago #874 by FishBone
Hi.
I've just done a migrate from agora to kunena with kunena converter. Then made a upgrade to latest Kunena
Everything went well, besides now my forum lagging or freezes for a few sec every time u load forum or enter a post etc. Same on all browsers except IE. Irritating as hell.
Anyone else had this problem, and know know what to do?

To bad I diden't test forum between the migration and the upgrade. Dont know if its the migration or the upgrade or maybe both

Running:
Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable
Community Builder 1.3.1
PHP-version: 5.2.9
Db version: 5.0.67

/Regards, F
More
13 years 1 month ago #875 by stefanmolleman
Hi guys,

Joomlart just released a great new template teline 4. Think that will be used widely. I want to use that with the great kunena forum. Unfortunatly the profiles do not work when trying to edit them. maybe a jc onflict or something. Does anyone have any experiance with this combination?

You can check things here:

www.herlinda.nl

Regards and I hope anyone can help

Stefan

Kunena 1.6
joomla 1.5
teline 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: avush96
More
13 years 1 month ago #876 by Mindblade16
Replied by Mindblade16 on topic Editing Forum Profiles
Hello. I installed your forum component on my joomla site bleachanimeforums.mindblade-inc.com.

Everything's great except one thing. The profiles are not editable. That is, you can't change avatars, or edit anything in the profile. All you get is "Save" and "Cancel". I can see the options, but I can't click on any of them. Am I missing a plugin or a module? Please help me!
More
13 years 1 month ago #877 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Editing Forum Profiles
Hello,

Can-you put here please the kunena report configuration ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 1 month ago #878 by Mindblade16
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : themza_j15_31 | author: Themza Team | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2009-09-15

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

More
13 years 1 month ago #879 by testeer
Hello,

I am very eager to use Kunena on my site. However, I have questions on using Kunena 1.6.x with the current Joomla 1.5.15 running the site. My template does not use Mootools at all. Upgrading Joomla to 1.5.2X is a very big job to handle at this moment so I would like make minimal changes to install Kunena. How can I insert/put Mootools in the Joomla system so that Kunena could use it? Could you specifically guide as to which directory, file and where what has to be inserted??

Thank you very much.
More
13 years 1 month ago #880 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Editing Forum Profiles
G'day, Mindblade16, and welcome to Kunena.

Apart from not being able to edit user profiles, are you having other problems, too (such as not having any BBcode toolbar when you compose messages on your forum)? The answer to this question is very important.

Looks like a typical problem with one of those outdated Themza templates. See K 1.6 Technical Requirements .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mindblade16
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds