Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 8 months ago #71 by almamun
PROBLEM SOLVED :) :)
I reuploaded Mootool upgrade plugin and /media/...js files and everything working fine (for) now.

Thank you all.

Amviro Web Design & SEO

Dinajpur - My District Portal
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago #72 by Masoud
I have problem with Mootools 1.2, some of my modules do not work properly with mootools v1.2 in other hand when i disable the "System - Mootools Upgrade" Kunena does not work well, so I was wondering if someone would help.

Is there any way to run mootools v1.2 just for kunena I mean run a specific plugin for particular component not for whole website.

Your prompt answer is highly appreciated.
More
13 years 8 months ago #73 by sozzled

Masoud wrote: Is there any way to run mootools v1.2 just for kunena I mean run a specific plugin for particular component not for whole website.

Let us be extremely clear on this matter: The Mootools Upgrade plugin is a Joomla plugin. The Mootools Upgrade plugin is not a Kunena plugin. Any Joomla plugin that is enabled is enabled for the whole website.

The question is not about whether the Mootools 1.2 plugin is required for Kunena. The question is really about whether the Mootools Upgrade plugin is required for Kunena.

Therefore the answer to the question - Is there any way to run Mootools just for Kunena? - is no.
More
13 years 8 months ago #74 by Masoud

sozzled wrote:

Masoud wrote: Is there any way to run mootools v1.2 just for kunena I mean run a specific plugin for particular component not for whole website.

Let us be extremely clear on this matter: The Mootools Upgrade plugin is a Joomla plugin. The Mootools Upgrade plugin is not a Kunena plugin. Any Joomla plugin that is enabled is enabled for the whole website.

The question is not about whether the Mootools 1.2 plugin is required for Kunena. The question is really about whether the Mootools Upgrade plugin is required for Kunena.

Therefore the answer to the question - Is there any way to run Mootools just for Kunena? - is no.

Thank you for your reply

Alright, I know kunena 1.6 needs mootools 1.2 otherwise kunena boardcode and some other functionality wont work properly, My problem is when i enable the plugins I mean mootools v1.2 then some other parts or my website which are not compatible with mootools version 1.2 do not work correctly.

So While i was looking to any update for modules I figured out there are no updated version or compatible version. Now I'm looking forward for a solution, is it possible to dedicate the mootools v1.2 just for com_kunena or not? it this situation whole website use old mootools and kunena use v.1.2

I know plugins work on whole website, but i do not know how should fix the issue!

Please do not tell me go and update your modules and component since there are no update for them.
More
13 years 8 months ago #75 by sozzled

Masoud wrote: My problem is when i enable the plugins I mean mootools v1.2 then some other parts or my website which are not compatible with mootools version 1.2 do not work correctly.

Yes, that's unfortunate, isn't it? There's not much we can do about that. Since Joomla 1.5.19 that's just the way things are. Kunena is moving forward, keeping pace with Joomla; it's other software developers that aren't.

Masoud wrote: Is it possible to dedicate the mootools v1.2 just for com_kunena or not?

No, it's not, I'm sorry to say.

Masoud wrote: Please do not tell me go and update your modules and component since there are no update for them.

No, I'm not going to tell you to do that. It's your choice. In the final analysis, if those other extensions are more important to you than Kunena then K 1.6 is not the right choice for you. K 1.5 may be a better option for you.

We think that K 1.6 is a strategically wise choice but we also understand that it may not be a short-term tactical solution for everyone.
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #76 by MusicInMe
That's weird cuz I've just installed moootools plugin v1.2 (from that post www.kunena.com/forum/133-k-15-common-que...lightbox-image#46229 ) and all problems with missing boardcode buttons are gone.
First I tried to install the most basic Joomla theme to avoid any conflict with included js or mootools library... with no success.
Then I though, maybe do something simple and install previous version and I wasn't wrong - it works.

And both plugins are enabled at the same time.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MusicInMe.
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #77 by sozzled
Confusing subject, isn't it MiM?

There are at least five different discussions going on about Mootools at the moment. Not counting the several that most users can see, we're having quite a few "behind the scenes", too.

There is the Mootools 1.2 Joomla plugin: that, in it's own right, is one issue. Mootools 1.2 has been around since December 2008; there's nothing new here. If you do not enable the Mootools 1.2 plugin, your Joomla extensions will assume that they are to use the Mootools 1.11 library. Kunena 1.6 needs this "basic" Mootools 1.2 library.

Then there is the upgrade to Mootools 1.2.4 which, in Joomla terms, is known at the Mootools Upgrade plugin . Kunena 1.6 needs that, too.

I intend to write an article for the Wiki "all about" Mootools and Kunena. If someone else wants to make a start, that would be terrific ... otherwise, everyone is just going to have to wait for a week until I get a spare hour or two to write the article. :lol:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicInMe
More
13 years 8 months ago #78 by tramber91
Dear all

for info, in some case, with update of plugin JCE utilities (2.2.4), the famous BB code menu appears like a miracle ;)

take care
More
13 years 8 months ago #79 by c.brauckmann
Hello @ all,
I have a big problem. I have installed the Kunena 1.6 RC 1 for a selfhelfgroup-website.
Now they are really angry, because they can´t load up a avatar and give any personal informations at their profiles.

Who can help me??? What is the problem?
More
13 years 8 months ago #80 by Cerberus
ok here we go :

1. did you not see the big warning that says do not install on live production sites ?

2. what version of joomla are you using ?

3. what templates are you using ?

4. when you say they cant edit their profile how do you mean ?

5. can you provide a url to your site and a test login so we can see for ourselves ?
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds