Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 4 months ago #131 by sozzled
These are the results I obtained by copying and pasting the error message in the forum search:

www.kunena.org/forum/advsearch?q=Firefox...name=1&childforums=1

I have merged your question with another topic that addresses the same subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: escherbach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #132 by xikitin
thank you very much, I look at the link you've put me

More
13 years 4 months ago #133 by tracysanz
Replied by tracysanz on topic Re: Redirect Loop
i can also fix it by turning off joomla core sef, but i don't see how it can be a problem with the htaccess file, since i took a fresh one from a new joomla 1.5.22 install and uploaded it to my root directory (and renamed htaccess.txt to .htacess)

Also, i'm not running in legacy mode and have no legacy mode extensions installed.

More
13 years 4 months ago #134 by tracysanz
Replied by tracysanz on topic SOLVED!!
The problem was that when you install Kunena 1.6.1, it generates an entire menu, and those menu items id were showing up in the urls and creating the redirects. I deleted the entire Kunena menu and now everything works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ca9ine

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #135 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Yes, everyone can "fix" this problem by turning off SEO. If this "fix" works then it proves, beyond doubt, that the problem happened because of the way that your particular site is configured! It proves, beyond doubt, that the problem is a Joomla problem.

So let's look at the possible causes of the problem again:

(1) legacy menu items from K 1.5
(2) menu item with no itemid
(3) the wrong itemid (this would not be generated by the Kunena component)
(4) some peculiar issues involving third-party SEF software
(5) customised .htaccess

The most likely cause, is where there are two menu items, both of which are pointing to something that looks like Kunena but that isn't really Kunena. This would be possible if you had two menu items with the alias "forum" (for example) one of which was used for K 1.6 and the other one (on a different menu) that was used for K 1.5 (for example).

I'm not 100% sure that this is the cause but it's certainly one possible cause.

You need to work your way through every menu that you have on your website.

Here is a possible way to resolve the matter. Work through every menu on your site. Trash every menu that has anything to do with your forum (all menu items that have anything to do with your forum). Then, permanently delete everything in your menu trash. After that, go to the Kunena control panel and use the Create Menu function. That's it; do nothing else. Now check to see if you can now access your Kunena forum from your front end. Don't try to do anything else fancy, please report back if this works. If it doesn't work then there are other possibilities, but let's try the "default approach" first.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #136 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Re: Redirect Loop
It turns out I have the same issue as well. After once again getting rid of all my plugins I thought "what if it's my url rewriting that is doing this which it was. I use the built in seo for my url rewriting, when I turn it off my forum is nice and speedy. (0.39 seconds) while when I turn it on (Seo for joomla) it takes (0.74 seconds, although often more like 0.8 seconds). I tested this also on my fresh joomla installation which got the same results so no other conflicting extensions had a role. But the real lag came in when I activated in >>Kunena Config>>General>>Seo Settings>>Do Not Use Category IDs.

So now when I have a urls like /forum/site-support (having set to yes on the "Do not use category IDs") it takes 7.62 seconds to load the index page. (While not actually clicking the category url page)

But then with a url /forum/6-site-support it takes 0.94 seconds which is much less time load although with a uglier url.

So I do not have legacy enabled, no extension is dependent on legacy, I made sure the menu was fine (did this on my test site which there is only a few menu items (homepage, kunena, and kunena menu). So I assume it has to do with my file .htaccess
Well at least I'm getting closer on figuring out the problem. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Josh.

More
13 years 4 months ago #137 by Fizmatik
Replied by Fizmatik on topic Re: Redirect Loop

sozzled wrote: You need to work your way through every menu that you have on your website.

Here is a possible way to resolve the matter. Work through every menu on your site. Trash every menu that has anything to do with your forum (all menu items that have anything to do with your forum). Then, permanently delete everything in your menu trash. After that, go to the Kunena control panel and use the Create Menu function. That's it; do nothing else. Now check to see if you can now access your Kunena forum from your front end. Don't try to do anything else fancy, please report back if this works. If it doesn't work then there are other possibilities, but let's try the "default approach" first.

Worked fine. Thanks.

More
13 years 4 months ago #138 by craig
When I try to do a search in my Kunena forums it produces the following message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Is anyone familiar with this and knows what to do?

More
13 years 4 months ago #139 by sozzled
Yes, craig, we've seen this issue before and that's what this topic is about. I suggest you read through the information in this topic to see if there is something here to help you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #140 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Re: Redirect Loop
I deleted the kunena menu on top of what I did which all there is now is the two menu items total (front page, kunena index). hikrs.com/freshinstall/forum I wonder if I'm better off with a sef. :huh:

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds