Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #111 by sozzled
Here are some other references that might assist with this problem: from the Joomla support forum .

One other recommendation that I would also make, is to make the following changes to the Global Configuration:

Search Engine Friendly URLs = Yes
Use Apache mod_rewrite = Yes (you must have a properly-functioning .htaccess file to make this work)
Add suffix to URLs= No
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #112 by none
Thanks for your answer!

As I also said I DO NOT use any SEF component. I will send you an admin access to my backend if you want and you also can take a look at it. I really want to figure out waht is going on because in another case I have to change Kunena for something else what I don't want to.

Regards

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #113 by sozzled
It may be necessary to remove and uninstall some other Joomla extension that you are using. Do you have a test site (that has the same errors as the site we have been discussing) that we can use? I do not think that it's advisable to provide us with administrator access to your live site. Let us establish the cause and remedy using a test site of yours.

It may also be necessary to copy new files to this site to fix the problems. We would also need FTP access for those purposes. If you accept these conditions and you are aware of the possibility that there are no guarantees that we will be able to solve this problem (or that we may, in fact, accidentally wreck your test site) then please indicate that you are prepared for those possibilities.

More
13 years 4 months ago #114 by stan31337
I had the same problem, and I fixed it by placing an "Alias link" to "Kunena Menu -> Forum -> Index" page in my real menu, like on the attachment fix.jpg
Don't place the direct link to "Kunena Forum -> Index" like on the fix_no.jpg attachment
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Al Librero, rkoziol7, saifee

More
13 years 4 months ago #115 by Fizmatik
Replied by Fizmatik on topic Re: Redirect Loop
I've got ABSOLUTELY the same issue on my Joomla & Kunena new install.
I've sent acc.details to sozzled.
Please, I need assistance or provide the resolution in this topic.
Thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #116 by Al Librero

stan31337 wrote: I had the same problem, and I fixed it by placing an "Alias link" to "Kunena Menu -> Forum -> Index" page in my real menu, like on the attachment fix.jpg
Don't place the direct link to "Kunena Forum -> Index" like on the fix_no.jpg attachment

This solved my problem, too. Thanks!

I can't see this as a permanent solution, though. Is there an explanation for this?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Al Librero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suxutzu88

More
13 years 4 months ago #117 by sozzled

Al Librero wrote: I can't see this as a permanent solution, though. Is there an explanation for this?

This is the permanent solution.

The reason that the problem exists, in the first place, is that the Kunena installation procedure is unable to deal with the thousands of different configuration possibilities that people have chosen. We are very pleased to see users helping other users with their problems. It makes our job all the more easier. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #118 by Fizmatik
Replied by Fizmatik on topic Re: Redirect Loop
So...any ideas?

More
13 years 4 months ago #119 by Spartan
Replied by Spartan on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Im at a loss to help you, I switched to phpBB.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #120 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Many people have solved these problems (and they've done it with a lot less difficulty than using a non-Joomla approach like phpBB).

The causes of the redirect loop issue are:

(1) legacy menu items from K 1.5
(2) menu item with no itemid
(3) the wrong itemid (this would not be generated by the Kunena component)
(4) some peculiar issues involving third-party SEF software
(5) customised .htaccess

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds