Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #121 by Spartan
Replied by Spartan on topic Re: Redirect Loop
True, however, with all that above, it still did not correct the issue. Regardless, phpBB was a better fit with my template, and with the integration features that came with it - I have had zero issues.

Dont get me wrong, Kunena is an awesome forum - I just found a better fit for the template and site. I would still recommend Kunena to anyone.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Spartan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #122 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
So, if you had fixed your issues with Kunena, Spartan, you still would have gone with phpBB, anyway?

More
13 years 4 months ago #123 by Spartan
Honestly, no, I like Kunena better. But again, I didnt have a choice when it came to the template.

More
13 years 4 months ago #124 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Redirect Loop
Although off-topic, I'm curious to know what you mean by "I didn't have a choice when it came to the template"? You could have designed your own template. There are dozens of people who have designed templates for K 1.6. Anyway, thank you for sharing your views.

Perhaps you will continue to look again at Kunena, from time to time, and the many templates that people have contributed.

More
13 years 4 months ago #125 by Spartan
I can get in and modify CSS and PHP, but to sit down and write my own is out of my grid square. I am learning, but I just dont have the time to sit and devote more time than I already have :( . The seamless integration of the forum and template to the rest of the site was a major priority for the project (not that big of a deal to me, but I'm not in charge).

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #126 by trlbldr
In Firefox, the error message comes back saying:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Cookies are allowed during the session. Kunena 1.6.0 works fine with other sites ( www.acmetreadway.net ; www.southshenandoah.net ). Kunena 1.6.1 has this problem on www.jrtcllcdev.net .

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Don White
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by trlbldr.

More
13 years 4 months ago #127 by xikitin
Hi, I have installed on my web Kunena forum. I created all the categories I wanted and when I went to the forum and I tried to enter a category give me an error of redirect to the same page endlessly and I can`t see the forum. Can anyone help me?

More
13 years 4 months ago #128 by xikitin
If you can speak me Spanish, the better. I am using google translator! xD

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #129 by sozzled
It would be a lot easier for you (and for us, obviously) if we could see your K 1.6 configuration report. Do you think you could do that for us? What is the actual error message you are getting? Have you tried searching this forum for that error message?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #130 by xikitin
Yes, I searched but I did not get results, maybe I have missed due to my low level of English, sorry.

This is my configuration report.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Joomla default template details : game_crusade | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2009

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

The message is:
If you want, go to this link and see you. www.clan-prodigy.es/joomla1/foro/listcat.html

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds