Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged All users have Administrator privileges

More
12 years 3 months ago #51 by shmuel
I just upgraded to 1.71. btw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #52 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #53 by shmuel
My thread was merged into this thread. That was incorrect.

None of the solutions to my 1.7.1 problem solved the issue. My users are correctly registered by Joomla as Registered. My forum users all get Administrator.

There is no options button in the Kuneua control panel user interface.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 42M

Joomla default template details : siteground-j16-22 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 17 May 2011

Kunena default template details : EVOLUTION SLATE - FREE Kunena 1.6 template | author: www.TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-06-01

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by shmuel.

More
12 years 3 months ago #54 by sozzled
It was entirely appropriate to merge your question with this topic. The reason you have your problems is because you have incorrectly changed the J! 1.7 ACL management to give all of your users Administrator rights when they use the forum. The answer is to fix the J! 1.7 ACL settings for the Kunena component and the procedure to do that is contained in this topic.

You are correct: there are no options in the Kunena control panel for doing this. That is why your question was moved here. Your issues are caused by the way you have set up Joomla on your site.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #55 by mfe13
Hello,

Excuse me for the translation from french...
I use:

CB 1.7.1
Joomla 1.7.3
Kunena 1.7.1
All Registered users have access admin and I can not change.
I have the following settings:

I can't see where are the errors.
Please, Can you help me for this BIG problème ?

Thank you very mutch
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by mfe13.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #56 by sozzled
G'day, mfe13, and welcome to Kunena.

The reason you have your problems is because you have incorrectly changed the J! 1.7 ACL management to give all of your users Administrator rights when they use the forum. The answer is to fix the J! 1.7 ACL settings for the Kunena component and the procedure to do that is contained in this topic.

There are no options in the Kunena control panel for doing this. That is why your question was moved here. Your issues are caused by the way you have set up Joomla on your site.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #57 by Spaatz
Hello,

I have a Joomla 2.5.1 installation running CB 1.8 and Kunena 1.7.2.

I haven't change any settings at all in the Joomla Global Configuration User Permission settings, nor have I changed any settings in the Kunena user permissions but, all of my users are appearing as administrators in the CB profile page.

If this is a CB issue, let me know but I think this has some crossover with Kunena.

Would appreciate some help, thanks!

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #58 by Spaatz
I traced the problem down further. Don't know now if it is a Kunena or CB issue though.

Everyone appears as an administrator only to the administrator, when the administrator is logged in, and only on CB screens.

If you view a user's message in the forum for example, it properly reflects their forum rank but, if you click the user profile and are taken to the CB profile page for them, the forum rank CB reports is administrator.

If you login as a standard registered user, everyone's profile is properly reflected in both Kunena and CB.

So, the problem is that all users are reflected as administrator forum roles, not necessarily given administrator status, on CB interface pages only, and only for the logged in administrator who views the page. Might be smart to split this topic off from this issue as I think they are now seperate issues.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Spaatz.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #59 by sozzled
It's difficult to know where to begin with this. In the absence of sufficiently detailed pointers as to what's going on here (screen images or configuration reports, for example) an those difficulties are further compounded within a community-driven, self-help forum context to provide detailed analysis and advice in this situation.

In the first instance, I would start testing by creating a vanilla-flavoured Joomla site (with nothing added, no additional templates or anything fancy - except that I'd enable SEO), and then install Kunena, and create a few users, and see how these users are created. Then, if everything worked as expected, I would install CB 1.8 and make sure that the user registration process continued to work as expected.

If, indeed, you have installed Kunena and made no changed to Joomla's ACL settings, or made any changed to Joomla's Global Configuration settings (except, as I suggested, in the area of SEO), then I am as puzzled as you are.

All is not lost however. There may be ways we can help you but, before we pursue that path, I suggest you try my idea first and create a test site on your hosted platform to make sure that everything works as it should work "out of the box". Does that sound like a viable plan to you?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #60 by Spaatz
Howdy,

It seems logical. Will need some time to set it all up.

Before I do it though, I will wait to see if I get a response from Joomlaopolis first on a thread I started there on the subject.

Apparently someone else has the problem too: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/19...n-admin-is-logged-in

Time to create page: 0.691 seconds