Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged All users have Administrator privileges

More
6 years 3 months ago #131 by Nibiru
Sorry to dig up an old post.

I'm having the same problems.

I have an oldish forum about 8 years. It started on J1.5 and migrated to J2.5 . A few weeks ago I started the process to update joomla 2.5.28 and kunena 3.x.x to the latest versions. All was working well until I noticed all users were red and displayed admin as user group. I know this was not the case before updating kunena 4.0.9 to the next version.

I have read through this post and followed the instructions but everything seems to be set correctly.

Need help please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #132 by luigizangaro
where do i find those options? I can't find them ... using the latest kunena release

More
7 months 1 week ago #133 by luigizangaro

please change the

Fresh Boarder Special:No Minimum Post Count: 0

ok, i just installed the latest release. and i had this problem.
My registered users from site had Admin  rank by default.
I never created a rank, before creatting the first rank through kunena module backend.

So i followed your instructions

I tried to modify the rank .... but there was no rank to modify.

so i created a rank with the name Admin setting it up  like you said.

So i created a new user (just registered user with only permission in "Access administration interface" and "editr own" and "edit custom field value" ) and it still got the the same user right as before in kunena without even accessing the forum.
I just cerated the user. Then without logging him in, i checked from backend the "user" tab of kunena module,. And that user (testrat) has again Admin privileges, without even the possibility of changing it. Because if i check ranks, without having created the first rank, the user has an Admin rank in Kunena (but there are no ranks created by me) , and I can't edit the rank, because there is no rank to edit, in the meantime until and unless i delete that user, (and it means deleting it from kunena backend that deletes the user even from joomla), every newly registered user has the ability to access the forum with admin rights.... the only thing i checked ..... when i tried to modify a category from the frontend in kunena .. at the moment of saving it didn't let me save with the specific kunena 404 error (not the one from my site)....

thanks in advance..... i'm pretty stuck

More
7 months 1 week ago #134 by luigizangaro

please change the

Fresh Boarder Special:No Minimum Post Count: 0

ok, i just installed the latest release. and i had this problem.
My registered users from site had Admin  rank by default.
I never created a rank, before creatting the first rank through kunena module backend.

So i followed your instructions

I tried to modify the rank .... but there was no rank to modify.

so i created a rank with the name Admin setting it up  like you said.

So i created a new user (just registered user with only permission in "Access administration interface" and "editr own" and "edit custom field value" ) and it still got the the same user right as before in kunena without even accessing the forum.
I just cerated the user. Then without logging him in, i checked from backend the "user" tab of kunena module,. And that user (testrat) has again Admin privileges, without even the possibility of changing it. Because if i check ranks, without having created the first rank, the user has an Admin rank in Kunena (but there are no ranks created by me) , and I can't edit the rank, because there is no rank to edit, in the meantime until and unless i delete that user, (and it means deleting it from kunena backend that deletes the user even from joomla), every newly registered user has the ability to access the forum with admin rights.... the only thing i checked ..... when i tried to modify a category from the frontend in kunena .. at the moment of saving it didn't let me save with the specific kunena 404 error (not the one from my site)....

thanks in advance..... i'm pretty stuck

OK!
SOLVED!
I disabled the "Access administration interface" permission in the kunana global configuration , and tuned the permission to post and reply on categories .. 
All is perfect now.
You can mark it as solved i think!
But only one thing ....
the user testrat ... stil figures in the "admin" rank ....

More
7 months 1 week ago #135 by Leen
Hello Luigizangaro,
You ask your question in a very old topic>
I understand that you have upgraded your forum to Version 6.1.3.2?
and that all your users have admin rights in Kunena or also in Joomla itself?

L.v.d.A

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds