Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged All users have Administrator privileges

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121 by marion
Hi sozzled

Thank you so much for spending so much time with my problem, I really appreciate that. And I feel like a super dummy not able to do it right. The thing is: My users are in the user group "Registered" and not "Administrator" (talking of the general joomla users). In Kunena user management all users except moderators have a "x" in the column "Moderator". If I didn't get you completely wrong, it's not the administrator problem.

Now I realised that I have a general user problem: when I create a new "normal" user and I try to log in with it after activation, I don't get in. The firefox error console says "Document.getElementByID(...) is null". But that is (I think) a completely different problem, probably a joomla user module - please don't think about it any further, I think I'll find the solution by myself. ;)

And a big sorry for not giving the whole link, the forum is hidden at the moment because of its disfunction:
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by rich. Reason: link made invisible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #122 by rich
I've now looked at your forum. sozzled was right. All your members are administrators.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marion

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #123 by sozzled

marion wrote: The thing is: my users are in the user group "Registered" and not "Administrator" (talking of the general joomla users). In Kunena user management all users except moderators have a "x" in the column "Moderator". If I didn't get you completely wrong, it's not the administrator problem.

Your users may be in the Registered group but your users have Administrator privileges in the forum. This is probably because you have changed the Joomla ACL permissions settings for the Kunena component. The topic I referred to in my last reply to this topic has the solution.

The other matter - the Javascript-related "Document.getElementByID(...) is null" - is unrelated to this matter we are discussing in this topic. I would not even worry about that one. :)

You will have to fix the administration rights issue. At the moment, anything that you, yourself, can do in the front end forum part of your site, everyone else can do, too.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marion

More
10 years 5 months ago #124 by marion
Thank you sozzled and Rich for your patience!

Now I finally understand it. The users were all in the user group registered, but the user group registered had the privilege of administration in Kunena. Now I don't grant them administration any more and they don't get any messages any more.

In the end I'm really glad I had this problem with the messages - otherwise I never would have realised that the users had too many rights!

Now I can publish the new forum which looks so much better than the old one. :laugh:

More
10 years 5 months ago #125 by sozzled

More
10 years 4 months ago #126 by sridd
This is a kind of important problem! Could you give more specific answer to it? (But not send to the other topic).

Thanks

More
10 years 4 months ago #127 by sozzled

sridd wrote: This is a kind of important problem! Could you give more specific answer to it? (But not send to the other topic).

How would you like us to be more "specific"? I think you will find the answer to your general question here, in this topic.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #128 by akka143
In kunena once i have registerd in forum and login into forum then register user behave like a moderator means all register users are edit,delete to other users post..so please tell me how could we resolved this problem..??

Thanx
Abhishek

More
10 years 6 days ago #129 by sozzled
G'day, Abhishek, and welcome to the forum.

Did you discover the answer to your question?

More
9 years 11 months ago #130 by sozzled
*** Topics merged after no response from user after 1 week ***

Time to create page: 0.881 seconds