Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged All users have Administrator privileges

More
11 years 1 month ago #91 by sunny33days
That is odd.. Are you positive they weren't assigned as Moderator to any of the forum categories by mistake? Perhaps in Joomla user level they're also all showing up as Registered status and not anything higher?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #92 by wildplanet
They are all registered users, but not admins. Still confused as to why everyone is able to moderate and make things sticky. Theres even a DELETE and LOCK button that is visible to all users. This doesn't seem right...

More
11 years 1 month ago #93 by wildplanet
In fact, on THIS forum, i see that those buttons don't show. SO thats the way I want my forum to look...

More
11 years 1 month ago #94 by sozzled
I do not think this is a Kunena-related problem specifically. This seems to be more likely that all your users have been assigned administrator privileges. Registered users cannot moderate or make sticky forum topics; only moderators or site administrators can use these functions. It's my guess that you have somehow managed to make all your users adminstrator. There are a couple of ways you could have done that.

(1) You have set all new users to be site administrators when they register new accounts. This is controlled with the Joomla Global Congifursation settings.

(2) you have changed the Joomla ACL settings so that people have administrator privileges whe they use the Kunena component.

These questions have been asked before. You should read the topic [Merged topic] Every new user has Administrator rights for ideas about how to correct the mistakes you made in setting up your Joomla website.

I hope this helps you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wildplanet

More
11 years 1 month ago #95 by wildplanet
Thank you, i finally found it, because of your helpful post. It was number "2" in your post above. I had for some reason gone into the KUNENA - OPTIONS settings and made registered users have access to the administrative interface. I think i must have set that when I was first setting the site up, before I knew how everything worked. Thanks again. That one had me stumped for a solid week.

More
11 years 1 month ago #96 by sozzled

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #97 by hagi
Why all the members are administrator? What i do wrong?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #98 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

The answer to your question is in this topic.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 6 days ago #99 by mmcdermott1
For some reason EVERYONE can modify topics. Just upgraded to latest and didn't use to be this way. Been through every setting and don't see any reason why moderator privileges are given to everyone.

I have been through every user setting i can find and only 2 people are set to mods but EVERYONE can moderate topics in the forum. Major problem obviously

Help ASAP please
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by mmcdermott1.

More
11 years 6 days ago #100 by sozzled
Without seeing your config. report, I am talking a wild guess. It is my guess that you have made everyone an administrator of your website. See the topic: Every new user has Administrator rights .

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds