Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged All users have Administrator privileges

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #31 by robbyrobby
J 1.7, K 1.7 and CB 1.7

This is really strange. I created a new user to test out different access levels in a fresh Joomla installation and it appears that this account has full administrative privileges and appears as Admin in the forum although it's set to Registered Member in both Joomla and CB. But at the same time, this account cannot see any other Kunena tabs than the Index tab unless they are set to Public and it doesn't have the Administrator forum rank which the other admin account does.

So in other words; it's a regular registered member with administrative rights in some parts and not even registered member rights in others.

Setting Access Control in kunena settings to either of the three available settings makes no difference. The Registered Members group is in the Registered access level group as is default. The "Configure" permission when clicking the Joomla-native "Options" button on the Kunena control panel is set to Denied for the Registered user group.

Is Joomla or Kunena broken? This is really freaking me out.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by robbyrobby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #32 by 810
Hi,
i found a message from matias, maybe this help you:

If your users cannot access categories after migration, please go to Kunena Category Manager check you category access that it doesn't say Only Public, Only Registered, Only Editor or something similar.

This issue is caused from a bug in Kunena 1.6 that caused the Primary Includes Child Groups = No setting to be ignored

regards 810

More
12 years 7 months ago #33 by Matias
Don't use one user to test different access levels as Kunena caches current users ACL (and ignores Joomla settings) for longer time than a session. This has been changed in K2.0, where user information is session based.

Kunena tabs (= menu) is fully generated in Joomla and also cached. Another possibility to missing menu is that you have either setup it wrong or your user isn't in the access level that allows him to see that menu. So there are 3 things you need to check:

1) Joomla caching is turned off during testing
2) Menu is shown to users with normal permissions
3) Your user belongs into access level that is selected in all menu items

All your symptoms makes me to think that your user belongs into something else than Registered user group. Or it was in another group just before you did this test.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34 by SLIM
Even though the users are not qualified to be administrators, their profiles on the forums suggest otherwise. How do I get the rank system to function properly? Administrator is set as a special rank, yet everyone is being listed as one.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35 by SLIM

More
12 years 7 months ago #36 by xillibit
Hello,

What Kunena and Joomla! version are-you using ? Which Kunena template are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #37 by SLIM
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I am using the Stripy template from templatekunena.com

More
12 years 7 months ago #38 by SLIM
I am using Kunena 1.6 as well as Joomla 1.6

More
12 years 7 months ago #39 by jimmu
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity_ii | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0 | Kunena Stats 1.7.0 | Kunena Login 1.7.0 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

I just upgrade from kunena 1.6.5 to kunena 1.7 and I use Joomla 1.7, now I do not understand why all users in my forum they have "administrator" as rank default, before upgrading everything was ok.
Thanks for youe help

More
12 years 7 months ago #40 by jimmu
nobody can help me??

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds