Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
11 years 2 months ago #161 by GJSchaller
Someone pointed this out to me, if it helps future people:

www.sceditor.com/

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #162 by rcastellet
Hi,

I woould like to know how this is subject is going on?
It seemed to me that about mid 2012 a WYSISYG editor for Kunena was going to be released.
I have installed the forum but I can't see the option.
Is there a paid option?
If it is not possible, is there any workaround (perhaps with JCK or similar)?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #163 by sozzled
G'day, rcastellet, and welcome to the forum.

rcastellet wrote: I would like to know how this is subject is going on?
It seemed to me that about mid 2012 a WYSISYG editor for Kunena was going to be released.

Let me try to clear up any confusion you may be having.

When K 2.0 was being developed, the intention was to make the Kunenan BBcode editor more easily extensible in order to permit its use with other Joomla extensions (as opposed to the other way around, to allow the use of other Joomla-based WYSIWYG editors to interoperable with Kunena). This concept did not fully materialise although groundwork was put into place to allow for this to happen in the future. There were too many other important objectives that were needed that required K 2.0 to be released within an acceptable timeframe.

In mid-2012, if my recollection is right, we canvassed the idea of having people contribute towards a special project for the development of a WYSIWYG editor for Kunena. The idea, although it was never publicly announced, was to have been the floating of a $6,000 development fund that would have involved 60 people (at $100 per contributor) with the expectation of completion of the activity within 3 months or a 90% return on the investment to the contributors if the project failed to deliver on time. The activity was abandoned because there were strong indications tht we would not be able to find 60 people willing to contribute $100 each within a one-month timeframe.

That's the latest news that I have for you on this topic.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #164 by t18ftw
I dont know if kunena can do it.

If anyone can't understand me, my question is:
Can i have a text editor with bbcode include in input area?

i want to see this:

bold

not this:
Code:
[b]bold[/b]

thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by t18ftw.

More
11 years 1 day ago #165 by mpkumar
Hi,

Need to have tiny MCE edtior to post a topic. Currently which editor is using in forum.

More
11 years 1 day ago #166 by sozzled

More
11 years 1 day ago #167 by mpkumar
Hi,

Need to use tineMCE editor instead of bbcode editor. how to replace the editor. guide me.

More
11 years 1 day ago #168 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Please read this discussion. If people would like to replace the BBcode editor with TinyMCE editor, and they know how to do this, then no-one is preventing you from trying. If people are asking if the Kunena team will spend a week trying to make this work, and offer a solution after a week of work, and offer this solution at no cost, that's a different question.

There are a few people who say that they need to be able to use a different editor (e.g. TinyMCE) but, in the past 4 years since this topic was started, no-one has come forward with either:
  • a solution; or
  • an offer to pay the costs to develop a solution.

More
11 years 23 hours ago #169 by N6REJ
sozzled, what if there was a param where the user could choose to enable the current J! editor? I would think that would be fairly easy to do.
I realize the reason you dont' want to do this but I'm thinking that might be the easiest solution for all concerned. I don't have the funds or I'd be happy to fund getting the editor better ( like videos )

More
11 years 11 hours ago #170 by mpkumar
Hi,

Need to insert html content in the editor. when typing in the editor say example - <div>test</div>. it print same text not displaying as html content. what need to do.
Also when i am inserting localhost link, it display as localhost. Please give me the solution.

Time to create page: 0.644 seconds