Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
11 years 11 months ago #111 by yatin123
Replied by yatin123 on topic problem with Kunena Editor
Hi All,

I am facing some weird problem with Kunena editor.

Whenever i wants to apply style to my content it shows tags like
Code:
[b][/b],[i][/i], etc

say for an example, if i want to bold text like, 'this is a test message' it shows in an editor like
Code:
[b]this is a test message[/b]
, which i do not want. i want to make it bold itself instead of showing tags.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Yarnel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #112 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic problem with Kunena Editor
Kunena doesn't have WYSIWYG editor, so currently it's not possible to have text showing up in bold.

More
11 years 11 months ago #113 by yatin123
Thanks Matias.

Can i have any other solution to implement it within Kunena?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #114 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Problem ... what problem?
G'day, yatin123. Do you have this with all browsers? Or do you have this only if you use Internet Explorer?

I'm not quite sure what Matias was referring to when he made a comment about WYSIWYG or about bolding (or italicising or bolding+italics) because it is certainly possible to have text in Kunena showing in those ways.

It could be that your problems may be caused by some other Joomla extension interfering with Kunena. It may help for us to see your K 1.7 configuration report. Could you do that for us, please? :)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmxrula

More
11 years 11 months ago #115 by yatin123
Thanks Sozzled for the reply, but it's not the problem with forum display. it's a problem when anybody create their forum. Editor shows the TAG like [ b ][/ b ] instead of real time effect means WYSIWYG. I need some solution by which i can implement WYSIWYG within kunena editor.

More
11 years 11 months ago #116 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Thank you, yatin123, for clarifying the situation. In truth, there is no problem with the Kunena editor (the subject you chose for yuour topic before I merged it here). The fact that you cannot use the Kunena editor in "exactly" the same way as most WYSIWYG editors work; this is a deliberate design feature. This may be an unfortunate design for a lot of users but, for the many reasons explained in this topic, that's the way it works.

This does not mean that you cannot see what your message will look like before you post it on the forum. You can always use the message Preview feature.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #117 by wdwms98
many of the docs on your site here say HTML/BBCODE and a WYSIWYG editor is in the 2.0 code tree... I installed 2.0 and don't see any options. Am I missing something?

We are seriously considering moving over to VB, we've got people of all ages using our sites and to be honest, most can't figure out your current editor because its so confusing to them. They can't "parse with their eyes" once the editor fills in everything with BBcode. Grandma's and Grandpa's have a hard time, its the nature of our clientele. Your current editor is NOT user friendly.

Its 2012, its time to cut the excuses and build something that is WYSIWIG, secure and works. The constant "it isn't secure, there are issues, its complicated" after just don't add up. I'd fork over cash to get this option to save us from moving to another product, but honestly, I'm getting the feeling we may never a proper editor in Kunena...

I can't explain to you how frustrating this is to our users and myself as an admin.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by wdwms98.

More
11 years 10 months ago #118 by Matias
We have moved towards HTML/WYSIWYG as our parser now allows safely to add HTML content. But there's still some logic that's missing to make it reality. In Kunena 2.0 beta cycle we chose to even disable some new features (and template) that were already implemented in order to get stable release out early in June.

Kunena 2.0 has been in development for over 2 years now and internally it's almost total rewrite to follow / allow us to use current standards. Basically it allows us to add new features very easily, offer great integration possibilities and much easier templating (K2.1 will have a new template).

But users cannot see much difference into K1.7.2 except that it's faster and fixes a lot small usability issues (and some larger ones). This is because of we rather give something that's stable instead of having something that's really cool, but doesn't work. Adding WYSIWYG would have been nice, but the real question is always time: should I use a month to fix as many bugs as possible or to add new feature.

At this point the answer is clear: without bug fixes there will not be stable release and without stable release there will not be new features. But as we are already running out of known bugs, I'm already made plans on new features. I've not yet chosen which ones we will implement, but feature requests from users have a huge role on which will be implemented first.

Not all of the new features will be free either. Our development has been slower than I hoped, mostly because of we all need to make our living. Paid version will help us to find more time on Kunena, which means more features and faster release cycles.

More
11 years 10 months ago #119 by wdwms98
Thanks for the detailed response.. but it tells me the WYSIWIG editor isn't that close and we'll have to wait more... I just don't know if we can.. if you had a paid version w/that in there, i would easily pay...

More
11 years 10 months ago #120 by Matias
I also wish that we had paid version, but the paid version will be based on K2.0, which isn't released yet. I'm almost finished of creating K2.0 version of add-on we have, but I still need a few days to finish those and fix a few bugs in Kunena itself. After that I hope that I can finally start adding the new features and finishing our new template.

If we decide to include WYSIWYG into the first paid version, it will still take about 2 months to get the release out. Our goal for that release is end of July, hopefully. :)

Time to create page: 2.179 seconds