Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] How to create category icons

More
12 years 3 months ago #61 by sozzled
*** Topics merged **

G'day, larrybertleman, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Category icons in the Wiki. Everything is explained there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #62 by sunny33days
Replied by sunny33days on topic Custom Category Images?
Hi, a feature Kunena seems to be missing is adding custom category and sub-category images instead of the plain looking folders. I searched the forum on where to change this, and it appears the file path to change the default photos for the categories has changed somewhere in Kunena 1.6 versions. I'm using both Kunena 1.6 and 1.7 (on two different websites). Can you tell me where to go to fix theseon both the most recent 1.6 version and the current 1.7 version?

I saw a relevant Kunena 1.6 thread about this, but this path doesn't seem correct (perhaps it only worked for older 1.6 versions): media/kunena/attachments/legacy/category_images

Can anyone tell me where these category images have been moved to so I can change? When I go to attachements there is no legacy folder found, only numbered photos attached by users in posts.

More
12 years 1 month ago #63 by sozzled
*** Topics merged **

Please read Category icons in the Wiki. Everything is explained there.

More
12 years 1 month ago #64 by sunny33days
Thank you Sozzled. Do you know if it's possible to add images to the Main Categories as well? For example a image for "Main Forum" category header, can you install a photo in the main categories like this as well?

More
12 years 1 month ago #65 by sozzled
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. If you want to know how to use category icons in Kunena, please read the Wiki article Category icons . That's what this topic is about.

If you want to ask about something else, please start a new topic, please give exact details what it is that you want to know - perhaps with images that illustrate and demonstrate the issues - and we'll see what we can do. The ability to use images on the forum index, in the way that is discussed in the Wiki article Category icons , has been asked before on many occasions and is answered here. I suggest that you try out the ideas and see if they work for you.

More
12 years 1 month ago #66 by sunny33days
Yes I did read the Wiki article, and it was helpful for changing the defaul icons for categories underneath top level categories, but it doesn't show how to add these to top level categories themselves. Is this possible as well?

More
12 years 1 month ago #67 by sozzled
We are always interested in ways to improve the Wiki to provide consistent, reliable and helpful advice about how to use the features of Kunena in the ways that members of the community may want to use them. In what way, specifically, is the information in the Wiki unhelpful and, in what ways, specifically, is your question about what is currently a feature of Kunena related to what might need to be changed to improve Kunena in the future?

I invite you to create a new topic, perhaps in the Feature Requests category, in which you can provide everyone in this community with an opportunity to see what issues you are looking to address and how best could those issues be tackled. I admit that I do not fully understand your question and, if this topic does not adequately deal with the matters you have raised, I invite you to respond to my suggestion by outlining your alternative proposal.

Thank you. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #68 by duker733
How do I change the forum category folder icons. I want to change mine to some custom ones. I tried a search to no avail.
I'm using Kunena 1.7.2 on Joomla 1.5.25
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by duker733.

More
12 years 1 month ago #69 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

duker733: If you want to know how to use category icons in Kunena, please read the Wiki article Category icons .
The following user(s) said Thank You: duker733

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #70 by adso
Replied by adso on topic Image to a category?
Hi,
In Kunena 1.7.2, Is possible to associate an image to a category? how?
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by adso.

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds