Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] How to create category icons

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #31 by Dougw133
Replied by Dougw133 on topic Category Avatar?
Under the index of categories can I place a custom avatar for each category? If so how? I cannot find anything on it.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Dougw133.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #32 by sozzled

More
12 years 7 months ago #33 by blacktino79
I've been trying to get this to work also with no luck. I can upload the files to the directory and enter the code, but the icons just don't show up. The original folder disappears for the cateogry whose icon I want to change, but the icon doesn't show up!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #34 by sozzled
I'm sorry but I don't understand "the original folder disappears for the category whose icon I want to change". How does this disappear? What folder are you trying to upload your icons into?
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35 by blacktino79
Please visit my forum - givemeapps.com/index.php?option=com_kune...entrypage&Itemid=804

If you look at the category App Talk, the icon has disapeared. This is because I uploaded the three icons (off, on, not logged) and affixed the following code to have the new icon show up:

#Kunena tr#kcat77 td.kcol-category-icon span.kreadforum {
background: url("../../../media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_read.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
}
#Kunena tr#kcat77 td.kcol-category-icon span.kunreadforum {
background: url("../../../media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_unread.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
}
#Kunena tr#kcat77 td.kcol-category-icon span.knotloginforum {
background: url("../../../media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_notlogged.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
}

It's a no go. In other words, its pointing to the icons, and the original icon disappears (good), but the new one doesn't show. I don't know what gives.

Here's the forum configuration

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 240M | Max file upload: 50M

Joomla default template details : givemeapps | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.11 | creationdate: October 14, 2010

Kunena default template details : Euro-BRed | author: Mizunga | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-12-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.0.3.545

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4

Modules: None

More
12 years 7 months ago #36 by blacktino79
Anyone? :sick:

More
12 years 7 months ago #37 by sozzled
I looked at your site (thank you for providing us with the details) and, of course, now I understand why your CSS changes won't work.

blacktino79 wrote:

If you look at the category App Talk ...

I could not find a category called "App Talk" but I found a category called "Android" and I focused my attention on that category.

For a dozen good reasons, people should not directly modify minified files (e.g. kunena.forum-min.css) and it's a lot easier - from a debugging perspective - to make changes to your Joomla site template instead. Aside from this small issue that meant that I spent 15 minutes sifting through a dozen CSS files before I found the cause of the problem, here's the solution.

You are trying to modify the category icon for catID = 9. Your CSS rule basically says "this is the image to use for catID = 77". You don't have a category whose ID is 77. But you've also made an error in the relative folder specification in that rule. This is what you should have done instead:
Code:
#Kunena tr#kcat9 td.kcol-category-icon span.kreadforum { background: url("/media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_read.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent; } #Kunena tr#kcat9 td.kcol-category-icon span.kunreadforum { background: url("/media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_unread.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent; } #Kunena tr#kcat9 td.kcol-category-icon span.knotloginforum { background: url("/media/kunena/category_images/mAndroid_9_notlogged.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent; }
Trust me, it works.

While I have your attention, your configuration report shows that you are running legacy mode and that you are using K 1.6.4.

Please read the important advice that we have consistently given to all people who continue to rely on unsupported Joomla features like legacy mode . Please update to K 1.6.5 (see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide ).

You should also be aware that third-party templates, such as the Euro-BRed one you are using, that were developed for earlier versions of Kunena may not always remain fully-compatible with future versions of Kunena.

More
12 years 7 months ago #38 by blacktino79
So sorry Sozzled and thank you for looking! I changed my files after frustration of no one being able to help here which is why you saw the error in the CSS code. At the time there was a Cat whose ID was 77. I got rid of that cat. The ANDROID category you saw yes was Cat 9, and even with the code changed to 9, it doesn't work.

The problem most likely lies with using Joomla Legacy mode. See, I didn't program the site. My developers did. Perhaps I am going to have to inquire about upgrading to Kunena 1.6.5 (let's hope they don't charage me) and ask them why they decided to use legacy mode. In any case, with the code modification, it still isn't working

WAIT/.....

I CHANGED THE FOLDER SPECIFICATION AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH! You don't know how much this has been bugging me over the last week! I can finally customize my forum and not get charged for it! If you need some advertising, send me a banner or something! This will really help with the attractiveness of my forum!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

More
12 years 7 months ago #39 by blacktino79
I am trying to change the sub-category icons from the "outside".In other words, using the usual instructions on changing category icons works, but in the case of sub-forums, you can't see those icons unless you go into the category. The aforementioned icons are 32x32.

Please look at the attached JPG to see what I am trying to change.

Please help
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #40 by Matias
For category 12 filenames are:

12_on_childsmall.gif
12_off_childsmall.gif
12_notlogin_childsmall.gif

(sozzled, can you add these into doc?)

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds