Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #41 by xillibit
Hello,

Try by disabling legacy mode and artio joomsef.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #42 by dirkovision

naimless wrote: Hello - was just wondering if anyone has been able to look at the Captcha on my site at all? It (and the problem) are currently enabled, which is not making users happy.

Again, any light anyone can shed on ways to fix it would be hugely appreciated.

Hi all, we have the same problem on www.tref.eu/forum.html

no captcha,no discussion on postings.

Maybe is simple, we are reading all forum, but language knowledge is a handicap.
Please if someone could help.?

thanks,
dirko
More
13 years 3 months ago #43 by dirkovision
Replied by dirkovision on topic Re: Captcha problem
we had enabled kunena.post, but only get the JOOMLACAPTCHA all over again. No change.

so we gave up and only can hope someone can/will help.
This is so nice forum, but fr n00b like me... :(
More
13 years 3 months ago #44 by tanknutdave
Ive recently swapped to Kunena 1.6 and found that Im getting loads of spam post in my forum.

Can anyone please recommend a simple CAPTCHA module that works with Kunena 1.6 that I can install so that all members have to enter captcha when making a post?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
More
13 years 3 months ago #45 by xillibit

More
13 years 3 months ago #46 by tanknutdave
Ive followed the link and the wiki is helpful and directs you to the

code.google.com/p/joomla15captcha/downloads/list

there are 27 options to download and I downloaded -

code.google.com/p/joomla15captcha/downlo...ptha451.zip&can=2&q=

followed instructions and enabled and put in kunena.post in the required field.

In kunena security tab

Allow Guests to post/write is set to no

Registered Users Only is set to yes

Still doesnt show the captcha when replying to posts/topics

Dave :-)

Enable captcha system with third party plugin is set to yes
More
13 years 3 months ago #47 by tanknutdave
Is there something im missing and why its not working? or did I just not download the write folder?

Thanks

Dave :)
More
13 years 3 months ago #48 by xillibit
Try to set Allow Guests to post/write -> yes

FYI: captcha is displaying only for guests

More
13 years 3 months ago #49 by tanknutdave
you cant do it for members? issue we have is that we have 3000+ members who joined up via our communitybuilder and its now clear that quite a few must have been spam accounts (we now have captcha activated on registeriation through communitybuilder) and its those spam accounts that are spamming our Kunena forum and I wanted to install captcha to prevent it.

Any idea's?

Many thanks Dave.
More
13 years 3 months ago #50 by sozzled

tanknutdave wrote: you cant do it for members?

We could have a long drawn-out discussion about the fact that Kunena has never implemented a CAPTCHA system to be used when registered users post messages on the forum and I could show you a dozen topics (or more) where this fact has been mentioned ... and you would probably disagree with the rationale (and I would respect your opinions, by the way). But facts are facts and facts don't necessarily change because we don't accept them as such.

We could also have another discussion about spam posting and mechanisms to prevent it, but that would be off-topic to this discussion.

This discussion is about helping users to use CAPTCHA with K 1.6. Kunena (it doesn't matter which version we are talking about) only uses CAPTCHA as a "safeguard" against indiscriminate posting by non-registered users who have posting rights on your forum. For registered, logged-in users it is assumed that you have implemented appropriate screening mechanisms to prevent unwanted activity on your website (and there are many other tools, other Joomla extensions, that assist in this regard).

If you are interested in safeguards against spam, I recommend the discussion topic [Merged topic] How to protect my forum from spam
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds