Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #31 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: captcha for kunena?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crazydiver
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #32 by crazydiver
Replied by crazydiver on topic Re: captcha for kunena?
xillibit,

Thanks for the link! Highly appreciate it!
More
13 years 3 months ago #33 by markxcool
Replied by markxcool on topic Re: captcha for kunena?
I recently started hunting for a Captcha for Kunena and tried a ton of options.

After trying several, the System - Captcha seemed fit the best with Kunena since it goes right in the specific Captcha Area and a professional look is important to me.

I have had to play with it a bit (reduced Captcha characters to 3, changed "char filling" to "." from "/" to make it more readable and used colours in captcha that match my site theme).

Something that I'm still not comfortable with is that it seems to still get an uncanning about of "Wrong Captcha typed..." messages and whenever this happens all the text in a post is lost. This is a big turn off.

I've been trying to find where I can edit the "Captcha code Type characters you see. (Click on image to refresh)" text to put a warning of this but can't find it in any kunena or plugin language file. (If anyone knows, please let me know).

I am glad you posted since it seems that this loss of post data won't occur with JoomlaXi Captcha 2.0. I read up on their site that:

www.joomlaxi.com/company/blog/107-joomlaxi-captcha-20.html

As if now, XIJC do not support protection of File Uploading pages.

So it seems its just a matter of time for them to solve your issue.

As for me, if someone wants to upload, they would be expected to register on the site (thus avoiding any captcha) whereas any casual non registered poster would just be able to enter a captcha and not risk loosing their post if they get it wrong.

Hopefully we can figure out how this can best work and maybe inspire others to make it work.

Sharing and caring!
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #34 by markxcool
After not being satisfied with System - Captcha because of a seemingly high rate of Captcha rejections ("wrong captcha entered") and subsequent loss of all post content each time, I started using JoomlaXi Captcha 2.0 , which, as a NOOB, I found surprisingly easy to activate for Kunena and a few other parts of my Joomla1.5 site that are prone to SPAM/BOTS.

JoomlaXi Captcha 2.0 is quite an advanced component and looks quite professional (and is free!).

The one short coming that I can't figure out with it is how to prevent it from forcing a captcha for logged-in users.

Does anyone know how? There are several options like white lists and blacklists that JoomlaXi Captcha 2.0 gives to address such an issue, but I really don't know what "VARIABLE" or "TASK" to indicate to do what I want done.

Anyone already "been there done that"? Please let me know what you did so that I can do the same. Thanks!

An unregistered/not logged in user would get this message after submitting a post in my Kunena 1.6 Forum - I want to know how to prevent it from appearing for registered/logged in users.

This is how I activated the Caption for Kunena Forum:

This is where I think I have to enter "something"(what?) so logged in users DON'T get the Captcha. I need help finding what paramaters / values / variables to put here:

This is where other settings are done:

Sharing and caring!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by markxcool.
More
13 years 3 months ago #35 by flatmattj
I have certain topics where people can ask advice and will not want to give their name.
I am hoping nobody will abuse this. Somebody could register and then abuse the anonymous forums - guess that is my main concern. Their ips are not logged so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint who is doing it and therefore may have to shut down those forums, as nobody will use them if they have to put their real name on the community in there... If I could have the "anonymous" just be so it doesn't show their username and they could enter a username but I still had something to track somebody spamming that topic.
See what I mean?
I'll take that as a "no" and assume it can't be easily done.
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #36 by foton7
Replied by foton7 on topic Captcha problem
Hello,
I would like to have a captcha in my Kunena forum so that users that are not registered can write if they enter a captcha.

To do this I installed the Joomla Captcha and the patch for Joomla as indicated in: code.google.com/p/joomla15captcha/ I also set to yes the "Enable Captcha Plugin System Third Party." but when a non-registered user wants to post a message instead of the captcha it appears the message "The CAPTCHA plug-in is not enabled or not properly configured."

What could be the problem? Or do you recomend using an alternative plugin?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by foton7.
More
13 years 2 months ago #37 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Captcha problem
Hello foton7,

please read this doc.

How to proper configurate captcha in kunena 1.6
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision
More
13 years 2 months ago #38 by foton7
Replied by foton7 on topic Re: Captcha problem
Hello,

Thank you for your help.
I had not added the "kunena.post" that's why it din't work the first time. After doing that it worked in one test I did. But now some days later it does not work again. Now it always says that the captcha is incorrect and the shown captcha is always "JOOMLACAPTCHA". What could the problem be?
Find below my configuration.
Thanks in advance.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 40 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : beez | author: Angie Radtke/Robert Deutz | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 19 February 2007

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #39 by dirkovision
Replied by dirkovision on topic Re: Captcha problem

foton7 wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your help.
I had not added the "kunena.post" that's why it din't work the first time. After doing that it worked in one test I did. But now some days later it does not work again. Now it always says that the captcha is incorrect and the shown captcha is always "JOOMLACAPTCHA". What could the problem be?
Find below my configuration.
Thanks in advance.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled | htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 40 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : beez | author: Angie Radtke/Robert Deutz | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 19 February 2007

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

we have the same problem. exactly the copy of it. reading now 2 days, find lots of problem description, but regrettably not a clear answer about the settings. hope someone will read and help
thanks very much

www.tref.eu
More
13 years 2 months ago #40 by mabras
Replied by mabras on topic captcha image not shown
Hello,
I have just installed the system-captcha plugin and followed all steps for configuration.
Now, my problem is that the captcha label is not shown!
Where did I go wrong?
What can I do?

Joomla: 1.5.22
Kunena: 1.6.2
captcha plugin: j45_inst_jcaptcha 451
italian plugin: j43_install-it_It_lang

----

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 25M

Joomla default template details : psiconet | author: Maurizio Brasini | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: Dic_2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3.1) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Installed (Version : 3.7.6) | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.569 seconds