Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 3 months ago #51 by tanknutdave

We could have a long drawn-out discussion

? Why would I want to do that? how is that helpful to my problem? ... Its not.

I also find

logged-in users it is assumed that you have implemented appropriate screening mechanisms

rather rude!

Using Joomla is a learning curve and it should not be assumed that people using it have the same level of knowledge that developers have and have the ability to predict future problems.

My site was up and running well before I installed Kunena. I had no requirement, therefore no need to screen members for the database as it was for the purpose of having a list I could send update newsletters too.

It was only later on that I added a forum and when that one didn't have a 3rd party integration I swapped to Kunena. How could I have possibly predicted a year ago when I started my database, an issue that I’m sure has been raised before, by the fact you have said there are other discussions on it?

Is it really impossible to add a feature to Kunena that’s only getting to help promote the product for users?

Dave.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago #52 by sozzled
I wasn't trying to debate the topic; I was trying to explain the issues. All the information you need is >>> here <<<
More
13 years 3 months ago #53 by tanknutdave
Where please? thats just a list of entries some in German.

Dave
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #54 by grant74
Since your registration is now protected, what is the difficulty in identifying and disabling the spam accounts?

On a side note EasyCalcCheck Plus to me is the best free antispam product availabe. Much easier than the one you're trying to use. It has a vast array of configurable spam checking options and I'm sure you'll find one to help you eliminate it once and for all.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by grant74.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #55 by ronydjohan
Replied by ronydjohan on topic Captcha not working
I have tried to use captcha system. But didn't work out. Already follow this instructions .

Anybody can help?? Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by ronydjohan.
More
13 years 3 months ago #56 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Captcha not working
Hello,

Why it didn't work ? What kunena version do you have ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 2 months ago #57 by SMurflalus
J 1.5.22. CB 1.31
I used K 15.12. Works great with re-captcha. I upgraded to K 1.6 time ago- the same problems as other users above - recaptcha doesn't work.
I downgraded to 1.5.12 again and re-captcha works. Today I tried to upgrade to K 16.2 and re-captcha still doesn't work. It's a pity I have to downgrade to K 1.5.12 back again. :(

It's a pity that the only hint is still the same: link to wiki ( google...) - it's poor antispam solution. Re-captcha is better for me and for the others , I see...and I remember that few months ago Kunena Team promised on that forum to implement re-captcha to Kunena... and .... nothing has happened :(

rgds
More
13 years 2 months ago #58 by naimless
Hello,

I have the same problem but am semi-happily running 1.6.3. I guess since most Kunena boards aren't anonymous writable the devs spend less time on Captcha support.

The only hack I have been able to do to fix it has been the following.

First you need to modify the standard Captcha plugin that is described on the Wiki page. It's ugly but sort of works. Basically, the theory is to hack around with the captcha PHP code so it always generates the same Captcha image. Say "XYZ". Then modify post to not even bother to talk to the Captcha properly and just check whether the submitted text is "XYZ".

First edit /plugins/system/captcha/showcode.php

Change:
Code:
if (array_key_exists( 'imagecode', (array) $currentcaptchas ) ) { // $captchacode .= $currentcaptchas[ 'imagecode' ]; $captchavoice .= $currentcaptchas[ 'soundcode' ]; @$_SESSION [ 'acaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchacode; @$_SESSION [ 'ncaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchavoice; @$_SESSION [ 'captchaslist' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchaslist; } else { @$_SESSION [ 'acaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = ''; @$_SESSION [ 'ncaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = ''; @$_SESSION [ 'captchaslist' . $captchasuffix ] = array(); $captchacode = 'joomlacaptcha'; $xsize = 200; }

to:
Code:
if (array_key_exists( 'imagecode', (array) $currentcaptchas ) ) { // $captchacode .= 'XYZ'; $captchavoice .= $currentcaptchas[ 'soundcode' ]; @$_SESSION [ 'acaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchacode; @$_SESSION [ 'ncaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchavoice; @$_SESSION [ 'captchaslist' . $captchasuffix ] = $captchaslist; } else { @$_SESSION [ 'acaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = ''; @$_SESSION [ 'ncaptcha' . $captchasuffix ] = ''; @$_SESSION [ 'captchaslist' . $captchasuffix ] = array(); $captchacode = 'XYZ'; $xsize = 200; }

Note the XYZ - I think that's the only change I made.

Then, in com_kunena/funcs/post.php
find public function verifyCaptcha() {

find:
Code:
if ( $results[0] ) { $captchaparams = array( JRequest::getVar( 'captchacode', '', 'post' ) , JRequest::getVar( 'captchasuffix', '', 'post' ) , JRequest::getVar( 'captchasessionid', '', 'post' )); $results = $dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaVerify', $captchaparams ); if ( ! $results[0] ) $this->_app->enqueueMessage ( JText::_ ( 'COM_KUNENA_CAPTCHACODE_DO_NOT_MATCH' ), 'error' ); $this->redirectBack (); return false; }

and replace with:
Code:
if ( $results[0] ) { $captchaparams = array( JRequest::getVar( 'captchacode', '', 'post' ) , JRequest::getVar( 'captchasuffix', '', 'post' ) , JRequest::getVar( 'captchasessionid', '', 'post' )); /*$results = $dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaVerify', $captchaparams ); if ( ! $results[0] ) {*/ if ((strcasecmp($captchaparams[0], 'XYZ')) != 0) { $this->_app->enqueueMessage ( JText::_ ( 'COM_KUNENA_CAPTCHACODE_DO_NOT_MATCH' ), 'error' ); $this->redirectBack (); return false; }

Now I hope I remembered all the steps here with my limited PHP skills.

Damn ugly solution but it stops 100% of spam so far (until a spammer actually manually looks at the image and tells a software to spam the heck out of it - but on moderately sized forums this probably won't be a problem and you can always manually modify the XYZ code after that.

Is a good stopgap until the devs fix it. Not sure what the problem is, whether it's caching or something else.

I have disabled JotCache for the Kunena component and in any case also with Jotcache disabled it gave those errors.

Also, a semi-big problem - if users don't enter the right captcha, the form still submits and you lose all the text you've inputted, which is very annoying. Not sure how to fix it so that the Submit button checks for this.

Anything you Kunena wizards can do to solve for the next release would be much appreciated!

And happy birthday, great work, looking forward to many happy returns!
More
13 years 2 months ago #59 by naimless
Btw, just skimmed the forum and it seems that at least for the Devs and some others the Captcha works. It must be some obscure conflict with another component, although ages ago I tried disabling pretty much everything so don't know the culprit.

I use the following components (the most troublesome listed only):
- jomsocial, myblog, mycomment,
- sh404sef
- com_jobs
- JotCache (disabled for kunena and a bunch of other components)
- and a mix of other standard goodie add-ons and plugins.

If those who have problems can say if you have similar configs we can maybe figure out whether the problem is some obscure conflict...?

Cheers
More
13 years 2 months ago #60 by ender
Hello, I dont understand why Kunena forum natively dont use recaptcha www.google.com/recaptcha ?? e.g. extension Alpharegistration uses it and its working without problems. Is it big problem to integrate this? Thnx.
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds