Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 5 months ago #21 by Troneas
hi

i was wondering if there is a way to set captcha only for guests who post on the forum?

thanks!
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 5 months ago #22 by sozzled
CAPTCHA only works for guest posters. If you are a registered user and you are logged-in, you won't be asked to enter a CAPTCHA code.
More
13 years 5 months ago #23 by Troneas
ah great thnx.

does it work with recaptcha as well, or just the legacy one?
More
13 years 5 months ago #24 by sozzled
I'm sorry ... legacy one? There is no "legacy" CAPTCHA for K 1.6 ... none that I'm aware of anyway. Can you tell us what you are talking about, please? :huh:

Let me state again: CAPTCHA - whichever flavour you install - only operates when you (a) allow guests to post to your forum and (b) a guest is posting to the forum. CAPTCHA is not involved when registered users are logged-in and posting to the forum.
More
13 years 5 months ago #25 by Troneas
ya by legacy i meant the simple version of it - i thought it might come with the joomla package cant remember. not the google recaptcha that you need a code for.

but if you say all captchas will work then thats good for me. thnx.
More
13 years 5 months ago #26 by Zembrzyce
Replied by Zembrzyce on topic Captcha plugin
Which Captcha plugin should I use for Kunena 1.6 RC 2? In 1.5.9 It works without any. Now there is note that I've got no plugin or it's bad configure.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #27 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Captcha plugin
Hello,

I advise you to upgrade to k1.6.1 or k1.5.13

to make working captcha in k1.6.0 : docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_to_proper_...aptcha_in_kunena_1.6

This message contains confidential information

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 4 months ago #28 by flatmattj
Hello
This was the closest topic I could find to post this in. I would like to use a captcha in my setup but only for anonymous posts.
To clarify, my forum is registered users only -no guest posts. I do have a few categories that I turned on Anonymous for due to sensitive information. Is there a way for captcha to only appear when somebody clicks the anonymous button? I can't think of any other way to do this without turning on guest access, which I don't want to do.
Also, does anybody have a recommendation for a captcha with 1.6 if this is possible?
Thanks!
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #29 by sozzled

flatmattj wrote: To clarify, my forum is registered users only -no guest posts.!

Then no CAPTCHA

flatmattj wrote: I do have a few categories that I turned on Anonymous for due to sensitive information. Is there a way for captcha to only appear when somebody clicks the anonymous button?

Why do you want this? You've already required that your users have to be logged-in; you've already put your users to the test of verifying their credentials in order for them to use your forum. Why do you feel it necessary to add this additional hurdle? If you allow anonymous then you allow anonymous.

What real problems are you hoping to overcome by trying to implement CAPTCHA in the way that you have requested?
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 4 months ago #30 by crazydiver
Replied by crazydiver on topic captcha for kunena?
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a recommended captcha extension than can be used with kunena please. Or does kunena have its own???

As of now, I am using JoomlaXi Captcha 2.0, it's a really awesome extension but the only problem I have with it when used with kunena is that every time I try to attach a file (jpg,pdf, png, and etc) the file does not attach and responds with this message in my post...

Attachment whaever123.jpg not found

When turning off captcha, it works fine but I would like to have some sort of anti-apam measure. (I had some pretty bad spam attacks in the past.)

I tried turning on the (Enable captcha system with third party plugin) in the kunena backend but still no go.

Any suggestions?

Happy holidays!
The following user(s) said Thank You: markxcool
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds