Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by naimless
Hi Littlefeather - thanks for your reply. The URL is set out in post #2 above.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by naimless
Hello - I've had to disable guest posting again as users were starting to complain that the Captcha would never let them pass.

If anyone would be kind enough to have a look anytime please let me know with a post here or a PM and I will re-enable Captchas on the forum so you can see.

Would also be interested if anyone else has a similar problem with Captchas and if they found any solution (even if only a quick n dirty hack!)

Thanks!
More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by naimless
Hello,

I have just installed K 1.6 stable and it works well but joomlacaptcha is still not working.

Has anyone been able to mull on this at all, maybe also with a quick hack to re-integrate the old captcha?
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #14 by ender
Captcha doesnt work for me.. I have installed and enabled captcha plugin here + all other steps in kunena configuration but still message:

The CAPTCHA plug-in is not enabled or not properly configured.

EDIT: My apologize. I have overlooked this

plugin is nammed Sytem - Captcha. In the plugin parameters on the right, you have the possibility to define a lot of settings for this plugin, in our case the most interesting thing is in the bottom, which is nammed Enabled Captcha. Just put in this field kunena.post, set enabled for the plugin state and hit the button save

Now it finally works!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ender.
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #15 by Jay44
I have no error - just no captch image at all!

J
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Jay44. Reason: update
More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #16 by sozzled
Jay44: Can we have some more information, please? What CAPTCHA software did you install? Did you read the instructions in the Wiki that show you how to integrate CAPTCHA with Kunena?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by nico.bzh
Hi,

I have just installed captcha to protect my 1.6 kunena forum. I used wiki procedure and it works properly.

BUT

When the code is wrong, the form for new post is refreshed but without text.

Did I forgot to configure something ?

Thanks
Nico
More
13 years 5 months ago #18 by naimless
Hi,

I sort of got it to work on my site but only with a very dirty and un-captcha hack.

Basically I edited the Joomlacaptcha code to only generate a static captcha with a code that never changes.

Then I changed the Kunena php core code to basically not talk to Joomlacaptcha anymore but just to check whether the entered code equals the static never-changing code.

Of course, this is not really secure and not really a captcha anymore technically, but it seems to work so far in stopping spam although it's easily circumvented...

If anyone is interested in the code, please let me know and I will try to dig out changes and post, although it is far from an ideal solution.

The problem seemed to be that for some reason Kunena was not talking properly to Joomlacaptcha to exchange information. No idea why alas :(
More
13 years 5 months ago #19 by xillibit
Hello,

It's the normal behaviour of kunena, this will be changed in a future version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.bzh
More
13 years 5 months ago #20 by Jay44
Joomlacaptcha, and yes followed the wiki carefully - and tired all the fixes mentions - no result

The RGB codes - I thought these were the problem, but copied others settings - still no show.

Not sure about this particular server php settings...

j
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds