Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
12 years 10 months ago #71 by Schaijik

jquery-translate wrote: Sorry, I couldn't find a category for Kunena 1.6 hacks, so I am posting here.

Here are some instruction how to enable the captcha for registered users as well with the side effect that you have to disable quick reply:

1. Install and configure captcha

2. Hack /components/com_kunena/funcs/post.php.
Add the following four lines after public function hasCaptcha() {
$user = JFactory::getUser();
if ($user->usertype == "Super Administrator" || $user->usertype == "Administrator" || $this->config->captcha == 0)
return false;
else
return true;

3. Hack /components/com_kunena/template/default/view/message.actions.php
Remove line <?php echo $this->message_quickreply; ?>

4. Hack /plugins/system/captcha.php

Add the following line before $user = &JFactory::getUser();

return true;

Hope this helps.

This didnt result in a working captcha picture for unregistered users, still the message:
The CAPTCHA plug-in is not enabled or not properly configured.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #72 by Card1Concepts
Replied by Card1Concepts on topic Re: Captcha on Kunena
I to am having issues with Captcha working at all. I am using Joomla Version 1.6 so the instructions for activating the system joomla captcha do not apply as far as I can tell this extension is only good for Joomla 1.5x . Under the joomla 1.6 administration backend when you install the joomla system captch (JC45_Inst_JCaptha451.zip) there are no parameters to edit at all as mentioned in the Here ?

Also, I am using community builder and tried using the community builder captch plugin which works great on everything else on the site, except in the Kunena forum. I have a forum set up so that guests can view the forum and post to the forum.

However, when I check the "Enable captcha system with third party plugin" to "Yes" under the security tab in the Kunena control panel, and then go to the forum frontend and try posting as a guest and see the following where the captcha should be.

"The CAPTCHA plug-in is not enabled or not properly configured."

It would appear that no matter what captch plugin/extension I try using in the Joomla 1.6 CMS system, weather it be the community builder captch plugin or the most current joomla system captch plugin or even Joo ReCaptcha which I also tried. None of them will work with the Keunena 1.6 Component.

Any thoughts or solutions would help!

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 4M

Joomla default template details : | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-12

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.6.4

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Card1Concepts.
More
12 years 10 months ago #73 by johntennock
Hmmm, well not being any sort of programmer I am a little reluctant to solve my problem with hacks.

If I understand this correctly it is simply the case that there is no facility in Kunena 1.6 to provide a captcha for anonymous postings. That seems the very place where you absolutely need a captcha. :dry: The other option would obviously be to not allow anonymous postings but, unfortunately, the people I am doing this web-site for really want to anonymous postings be allowed. They think that including a captcha and requiring the poster's email address should provide sufficient security for their needs. (personally I think they're misguided)

I was misled by the field in 'Forum Configuration|Security' that says Enable captcha system with third party plugin

Ah well, perhaps if I wait patiently it might appear 'as if by magic'.

Apart from this little iss ue I think K1.6 seems a really nice piece of work.
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #74 by sozzled

johntennock wrote: If I understand this correctly it is simply the case that there is no facility in Kunena 1.6 to provide a captcha for anonymous postings.

Is that so? :unsure:

CAPTCHA is intended to be used with guest posters. I wasn't aware that we were discussing CAPTCHA for logged-in, registered uses (even those who want to remain anonymous).
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 10 months ago #75 by johntennock
Well I can't get it to work, and I can't find any posts suggesting anyone else has either.
Anyone??
More
12 years 10 months ago #76 by sozzled
The ability to use CAPTCHA has only been implemented to work for guests; in other words, if you allow public posting and you do not require users to register and login. Anonymous users is a different matter.
More
12 years 9 months ago #77 by jquery-translate

Schaijik wrote:
This didnt result in a working captcha picture for unregistered users, still the message:
The CAPTCHA plug-in is not enabled or not properly configured.

This is probably correct. I only tested this for the use case where guests are not allowed to post.
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #78 by Foyle
Hello everybody. Today i have faced a problem: bots have messed up my forum and i realised that i have no capture system to avoid this while guest posting is available on forum.

I'm running Joomla 1.6.3 and Kunena 1.6.3 and the plugin recommended here
docs.kunena.org/index.php?title=How_to_p...unena_1.6&setlang=ru
is ok for Joomla 1.5.x with Kunena, it doesnt work properly for J1.6.x

Since i've not found any ready solution for J1.6.x + Kunena1.6.x i've made a simple modification of joomla captcha plugin to make it work with J1.6. until the official update will be published or another solution will appear.

if u have already installed the described joomla captcha plugin, the fastest way of making captcha work is:

1) file /plugins/system/captcha/captcha.php:

string 169

JPlugin::loadLanguage( 'plg_system_captcha', JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR );
change to
$this->loadLanguage();

string 184

$enabledcaptchas = $captchaparameters->def( 'enabledcaptchas', '' );
change to
$enabledcaptchas = $captchaparameters->def( 'enabledcaptchas', 'kunena.post' );

string 430
$captcha_URI = JURI::root() . 'plugins/system/captcha/';
change to
$captcha_URI = JURI::root() . 'plugins/system/captcha/captcha/';

2) in plugin language files i.e. /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_captcha.ini

replace all "#" symbols to ";" symbols

put all values into quotes. Example:

CAPTCHACODE_FORM_TITLE=Captcha code
change to
CAPTCHACODE_FORM_TITLE="Captcha code"

3) change the /plugins/system/captcha/captcha.xml file to the attached one.

Also dont forget to turn on captcha into kunena settings (security tab).

Please note, this is just a homemade temporary solution, before the respectable authors of plugin will release the official update or another captcha solution for this configuration will be released.

Please back up files (captcha.php, captcha.xml and language files) before changing them cos i had tested this only on my own site and will not have enough time to help u if any issue occure.

Regards.

here is the modified xml file for being able to edit
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Foyle.
More
12 years 9 months ago #79 by Inlinerbutch
Hello all,

I finished the migration from J1.5 -> J1.6 and everything is running fine. Now I want to enable a captcha function in K1.6 to make it possible that also unregisterd users are able to write in some parts of the forum but it seems that there is no working captcha. For J1.6 I am using EasyCalcCheck PLUS - ECC+. Does someone know a soloution or will one of the next versions of Kunena have a captcha function?

Regards

Inlinerbutch
More
12 years 9 months ago #80 by xillibit
Hello,

Kunena has been designed to support only this catpcha plugin : code.google.com/p/joomla15captcha/ , the problem is this plugin works only in J1.5. So, we need to change how to work kunena to leverage the captcha plugin which is present on your installation.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds