Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
12 years 5 months ago #51 by Matias
OK, so the issue still exists.

What are your session settings in Joomla (under global configuration)? Is it saved into database or into somewhere else?

I cannot reproduce this bug in any of the environments I have access into. There are some other related issues which could be even the same bug. Maybe if we get access into some of the sites having issues like this, we could find out what is happening... :)
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #52 by Gooner
Hi Guys,

We are on 1.7.1 and went live on the 1st of December. Our overall experience of Kunena has been great but we have an issue with the users online count, currently it reads "In total there are 7153 users Online :: 8 Members and 7145 Guests". Which would be magnificent as we always appear to be in the 1000's B) however I know that this figure is incorrect :ohmy: .

The member count is correct - the users online and guest count is wrong.

Has anyone come across this issue before ? any ideas ?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Gooner.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #53 by sozzled

Gooner wrote: Has anyone come across this issue before ? any ideas ?

If you had searched the forum I think you would see that this issue has been discussed one or two times before.

I have merged your question with a topic that we've had before on this matter. I suggest that you read through this topic to see what other people have been saying about your particular issue. I hope this gives you some more insight into the problem, even though I can't give you specific reasons why your problem occurs or necessarily how to fix it.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gooner
More
12 years 3 months ago #54 by FAN
Replied by FAN on topic "Who is online" count is wrong
Same problem here. Fresh install (first time Kunena) and the forum says I have 1927 guests after 5 minutes.

If that was true, Kunena was the best SEO component ever! :P

I run Joomla 1.7.3

Hope this problem can be fixed. Let me know if I have to provide more information.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #55 by webseo
Website URL to forum: thebooktree.com/forum/index/main-forum.html

[strike]Item #1 [/strike]You can see: UNDER "WHO'S ONLINE"
"In total there are 70 users Online :: 3 Members and 67 Guests" which is wrong.
[strike]
Item #2 In Forum it says there are 5 messages in 3 subjects, but nothing seems to be there. Under “Rules” and “Help” for the Forum there is no available information after clicking the links. ( thebooktree.com/forum/help.html )

Item #3 I published a test topic, which you can see under the "MAIN FORUM" section, on the far right side of the panel "main forum".
( thebooktree.com/forum/index.html ). When you click on the link "This is a test", the link fails to redirect the reader to the actual test topic page.

Item #4 I turned DEBUG on and I got this: "Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=87)."
I changed the menu link to link directly to Kunena, but I continued to see the same warning. DEBUG is turned off right now.[/strike]

I have upgraded the forum version to the latest available release 1.7.1 hoping this would solve the problem, but it did not.
Following are the the forum "Configuration Settings".
Your help is greatly appreciated.
The Book Tree

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : ja_tiris | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: November 11

Kunena default template details : ja_tiris | author: JoomlArt | version: 1.7 | creationdate: 2011-11-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: strike-out second, third and fourth questions
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #56 by sozzled
G'day, webseo, and welcome to Kunena.

It is very hard for us to answer lots of questions at the one time, give each question appropriate coverage, and resolve all of them at the same time if you ask all of these things in the one subject. There are too many questions to answer within a single topic or under the subject that you have chosen. I have struck-out those questions that do not relate to the subject. Please search for the answers on the forum or create separate topics for each question. Thank you.

Questions about the incorrect "who is online" count with all versions of Kunena have been continually asked over the last 3 years (even before that time if you take into consideration that Fireboard did not produce the correct count, either). Some improvements have been made in Kunena but the problem, fundamentally, is that it's a Joomla problem.

I have merged your question with a topic that we've had before on this matter. I suggest that you read through this topic to see what other people have been saying about your particular issue. I hope this gives you some more insight into the problem, even though I can't give you specific reasons why your problem occurs or necessarily how to fix it.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webseo
More
12 years 3 months ago #57 by CheechDogg
Wow sozzled, why do you continue to say that this is a joomla problem and not a kunena problem? This problem is clearly something caused by Kunena and not joomla. I have posted how to confirm this by using the dwhosonline module which is dead on.

Really amazes me that you continue to give this answer to people who come on these boards for help for the first time. Do you ever stop to consider that most of these users might be using these type of forums for the first time?

Matias and Josh have both said what an excellent job you do on these forums and I wont say you don't because you actually do help out a lot, but the way you sometimes choose to answer people's posts especially new registered members is sometimes not the best way to do so. I think you are "the" only moderator I ever see answering questions around here and that would explain to me at least why you are still a moderator on these forums.

I stay away from these forums as much as I can because of the way you choose to answer questions and that should be happening. The only times I come here are when I need to find answers which I normally always get on my own by using the "SEARCH FEATURE" which you always tell people to use when they ask for help.

Do you ever stop and think that some of these people have never even used forums let alone a search feature?

I know you are not going to respond to this zozzled because I yet to see you respond to any of my other posts calling you out, but hey if you feel like you have to belittle people conspicuously on the forums to justify your position of Moderator to new members then you are only belittling your own self my Friend.

Anyways...the who's online feature on Kunena is still flawed but I can actually live with it. It actually makes my forums seem like they are much more busier than they really are. So it really doesn't do too much harm at least in my opinion.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny
More
12 years 3 months ago #58 by sozzled

CheechDogg wrote: Wow sozzled, why do you continue to say that this is a joomla problem and not a kunena problem?

I won't say this again in future. This is a self-help forum. Instead of beating this to death, I'll just let it die.

For your information, this is not my opinion. If you search the forum you will see that I am only repeating the information I have been given, directly, by the Kunena developers. If, however, you have some insights into this problem that you think should be shared with the Kunena developers who have not been able to resolve the matter since the days of Fireboard and over the past three years, we're most interested and keen to have you share those insights and resolve the problem that has stumped the development team all this time. The development team is always keen to have new blood. Perhaps you might like to join the project?
More
12 years 3 months ago #59 by FAN
Replied by FAN on topic "Who is online" count is wrong
OK, it's a difficult problem, I understand. The matter is I don't find it very necessary to see the number of on line people. So if the numbers aren't correct don't show them! How can I achieve that?
More
12 years 3 months ago #60 by CheechDogg
FAN to turn off the Who is Online module go to your Kunena Component in the back end then go to Forum Configuration - Plug-ins and turn off Whos Online.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Time to create page: 0.617 seconds