Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
12 years 11 months ago #41 by dave22
Hi,

My forum is displaying mixed results for users online. I got "In total there are 22 users Online :: 16 Members and 6 Guests" - The site is brand new and only has 21 members of which 2 are online. Why is the reading so out?

Any ideas?

www.schoolofmusiconline.com/index.php/forum

Thanks in advance! Dave
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #42 by dave22
on immediate refres I got : In total there are 41 users Online :: 36 Members and 5 Guests. Once again... with 21 site members only.
More
12 years 11 months ago #43 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Known problem; see fxstein's response earlier in this topic.
More
12 years 10 months ago #44 by cbalanescu
Hi All,

No matter how many times you'll say that the problem is Joomla only, I still believe that it is a problem with Kunena too.
Here are screen captures with Joomla "WhoIsOnline" module's numbers and Kunena's report.
Google Analytics shows numbers on Joomla's range but Kunena is way off.
I am running Joomla 1.5.23 and Kunena 1.6.4 and the screen capture was taken 1 second apart.
The site is www.dacia.org if you need to validate the numbers.

Thanks,
c.
Attachments:
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #45 by CheechDogg
Now before you read this I want to let everyone know that this is not meant to offend anyone and it is constructive criticism that should be taken as such.

It really amazes me that none of the Kunena Team Members will admit that this is a problem caused by Kunena and not joomla.

On my site I have Dwhosonline mod and it shows the correct number of logged in users. Now I know the # of guests is never going to be accurate because of bots that crawl any website, but number of members online is dead on with DWhosOnline mod.

The Kunena whos online count is completely wrong and it is not something that joomla is causing. I can prove this and you can too.

1. Go to your backend and go to "USERS", click on all the members who are logged in and manually log them off.

2. Go to your front end and take a look at the count on any of the whos online mods you have.

While DWhosOnline mod shows dead on stats, Kunena will still show an insane amount of members online and guests.

I usually have about 15-20 members online every day on my site and Kunena will count double the amount and over 1500 guests when DWhosOnline shows the right amount of members online.

Now I know that Kunena is a free open source, but the Kunena Team should admit when something like this is so obvious. Not only do they deny such bugs and errors, but when someone asks for help they jump on them for not "SEARCHING" the forums before they post.

I have said this before and I will say it again and this "is" directed at "zozzled" more than anyone else. Is it that hard to give people a straight answer? If you are simply going to post a link to another post or thread that clearly doesn't help them why bother even posting a reply?

Remember, not everyone is as "SAVVY" as most of you are, especially you zozzled. I have stayed away from here for a while now but just recently upgraded to 1.6.5 and saw the whos online bug myself on my site. I don't come here as much anymore because I hate seeing the way "zozzled" treats others and in his own way belittles people asking for help with his arrogant answers.

I didn't have this problem before with kunena, but now Kunena clearly shows incorrect stats for whos online.

It is not that big of an issue to me personally that the stats are completely off, but it is an issue that people come to these forums, ask for help and most of the times they are either not answered to and if they are they are answered with a "you should do a search", "it's a question that has been asked before", "we are aware of the issue" and nothing is done.

I have gone through hundreds of posts made by people in which they are desperately asking for help and those posts are still sitting here and they are over 1 and 2 years old.

This is my current configuration and my websites URL is www.CAGCLAN.com . Take a look and you will see for yourselves that the stats for Kunena's whos online are completely different from the DWhosOnline mod on the front page that displays the correct stats.

I don't expect for any of the Kunena Dev. Team to answer or even give me any help after this post and I would like to see what "zozzled" is going to say about this.

Very disappointing to see such a great project being ruined by egos on these forums. I need help to resolved this issue and I come across this topic where Kunena Dev. Team members won't even admit that there is a bug in this feature.

Nevertheless, I will continue to enjoy Kunena on my website and refuse to let the lack of support being displayed here ruin my experience with Kunena.

Like I said at the begining, don't get offended by this, but instead take it as constructive criticism. Moderators like "zozzled" who without is very smart and knowledgeable about Kunena, should be just a bit more considerate when people come there asking for help.

Remember, if you have nothing nice to say or are not going to help someone then don't say nothing at all. Sometimes the best help comes from other members who had a similar problem and they themselves have no problem explaining step by step to someone in order to fix their issue.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : rt_refraction_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.4 | creationdate: June 10, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by CheechDogg.
More
12 years 8 months ago #46 by jansenk
Reduce your "session lifetime" minutes in Global Configuration.

Eg. setting it to 30 min will show just the visitors from last 30 min.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg
More
12 years 8 months ago #47 by CheechDogg
Doing that shows no visitors when there are clearly people online and on the forums.

Thanks though jansenk.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 5 months ago #48 by gasguirre
Hi,
I'm having a trouble with the user online count in my kunena installation.
all the time it says that there are 0 users online, even when I know that there are a lot of them online.

here is an screenshot:

and this is my kunena configuration report.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 99M | Max file upload: 10m

Joomla default template details : ja_purity | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.1 | UddeIm 2.4

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.2.3.945

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.1

Thanks in advance for the help that you may give me.
More
12 years 5 months ago #49 by Matias
We've seen this issue before here in the forums, I've not been able to reproduce or see the bug happening and because of that the bug remains unfixed.

Can you please update Kunena to 1.7.1 to see if the issue is available also in the latest version -- we are not supporting old versions (mostly because of ~200 bug fixes after your K1.6.4 release).

BTW: Kunena Stats 1.7.1 isn't working with Kunena 1.6.4
More
12 years 5 months ago #50 by gasguirre
Hi,

I've just updated to 1.7 version, the problem is still going.

here's the configuration report:

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 99M | Max file upload: 10m

Joomla default template details : ja_purity | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.1 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.1

Time to create page: 0.588 seconds