Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by corejoomla
Hi All,

I installed Kunena RC1 and found that there is something going wrong with online users count. The count is getting increased even if there are not so many users came online. tested on very less traffic website and found it is going up like never before.

Also looked into kunena.com website and found 12018 users online now. Is that true considering the previous counts (before 1.6 upgrade) were around 1k-3k?

www.corejoomla.com
Community Polls, Community Answers, Leader Board, Article Suggestions and more..
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by MusicInMe
I did notice the same. My site is closed for public and even that forum showed to me that I have around 90 guest.

;) Good for start (fake users)
More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
It's a known Joomla 1.5 issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicInMe
More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by fxstein
Kunena 1.6 uses the Joomla internal user and guest counts. You can validate this by enabling the WhoIsOnline module that comes with joomla 1.5 - its numbers will be identical to what Kunena 1.6 displays. It is counted for any access against the entire website, this includes users, guests, crawlers, bots, any access to the site.

Before we had our own counts and many of our users pointed out the fact that the Joomla modules would reports different stats than Kunena. They are now identical and Millions of sites around the world are using the Joomla WhoIsOnline stats.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by corejoomla
Thanks you guys for the clarification. Hope the whoisonline module will be fixed in JOomla 1.6 :)

www.corejoomla.com
Community Polls, Community Answers, Leader Board, Article Suggestions and more..
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
it has come to the attention of some of my members that there appears to be a lot of people online, a lot more than before we upgraded. I'm quite certain that this figure is grossly over exaggerated. Just looking at the example on this website you can see how many guests appear to be online.

I'm using the DWHOISLINE? module on the main website and this seems to represent a more accurate account of how many people are online.

www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/computer-ch...637-how-many-on-line

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.
More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by fxstein
Kunena 1.6 simply displays the Joomla 1.5 session stats. If you show the Joomla 1.5 WhoIsOnline module that comes with Joomla 1.5 the numbers should be identical.

Any other module might show different stats that we have no control over.

In the past we had our own logic, but as it was always different from all other stats, we change to the Joomla 1.5 stats itself. Whatever Joomla calculates is what we show.

Hope this helps!

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by fxstein
You can check that on kunena.com by comparing the forums stats to the home page whoisonline module. Just be aware that these numbers can change on every page load, so it is hard to get exactly the same numbers. But they are usually very close if you switch back and forth.

More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by Oscarfishlover
I don't suppose it really matters, most forum seem to behave in the same manner, so we are certainly not a minority.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #10 by gutenmorgenuhu
Hi,

I do have some issues with the guest-number display.

in the "who's online section" on the forum mainpage there are always 75 guests or more online.
but when I click on whos online, I have only 10 users (included guests) online.

kr

Uhu
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by fxstein.
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds