Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
12 years 3 months ago #61 by woonydanny
www.kunena.org/forum/202-kunena-17-issue...t=10&start=10#110709

It is a kunena issue and not joomla as Matias has relayed previously. The kunena user count should match the joomla count which it doesn't so it is obviously a Kunena issue.

I agree with CheechDogg, whilst Sozzled may help substantial amounts in the forum he has a very abrupt and blunt attitude to many people but what is worse is his inability to write short concise responses, but instead write page long essays that actually answer nothing.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #62 by CheechDogg

FAN wrote: OK, it's a difficult problem, I understand. The matter is I don't find it very necessary to see the number of on line people. So if the numbers aren't correct don't show them! How can I achieve that?

FAN if you just want to leave the logged in users in the Whos Online module for Kunena you can also do the following:

find the following code in the directory: components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/who

<div class="kwhoonline kwho-total ks">
<?php
//$totalhiden = '';
$totalusers = ($totaluser + $totalguests);
$who_name = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_TOTAL') ;
$who_name .= '<strong>&nbsp;'.$totalusers.'</strong>&nbsp;';
if($totalusers==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USERS').'&nbsp;'; }
$who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE').'&nbsp;&nbsp;::&nbsp;&nbsp;';
$who_name .= '<strong>'.$totaluser.' </strong>';
if($totaluser==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBERS').'&nbsp;'; }
$who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_AND');
$who_name .= '<strong> '. $totalguests.' </strong>';
if($totalguests==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUEST').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUESTS').'&nbsp;'; }
echo $who_name;
?>
</div>

and replace it with:

<?php
//$totalhiden = '';
/*$totalusers = ($totaluser + $totalguests);
if($totalusers==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USERS').'&nbsp;'; }
$who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE').'&nbsp;&nbsp;::&nbsp;&nbsp;';
if($totaluser==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBERS').'&nbsp;'; }
if($totalguests==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUEST').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUESTS').'&nbsp;'; }
echo $who_name;*/
?>
</div>

What this does is just blocks out the total online users, members and guests line from the top and only displays the logged in users allowing you to still have the Who's Online Module on your forums. Let me know if this helps you out.

The blocked code is between this /* CODE */

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by CheechDogg.
More
12 years 3 months ago #63 by CheechDogg
Make sure you back up your file first!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 3 months ago #64 by t_p_s

CheechDogg wrote:

FAN wrote: OK, it's a difficult problem, I understand. The matter is I don't find it very necessary to see the number of on line people. So if the numbers aren't correct don't show them! How can I achieve that?

FAN if you just want to leave the logged in users in the Whos Online module for Kunena you can also do the following:

find the following code in the directory: components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/who

<?php
//$totalhiden = '';
$totalusers = ($totaluser + $totalguests);
echo $who_name;
?>
</div>

and replace it with:

<?php
//$totalhiden = '';
/*$totalusers = ($totaluser + $totalguests);
echo $who_name;*/
?>
</div>

What this does is just blocks out the total online users, members and guests line from the top and only displays the logged in users allowing you to still have the Who's Online Module on your forums. Let me know if this helps you out.

The blocked code is between this /* CODE */

I simply replaced the code you commented out with:

$totkusercount = count($users);
echo "Total online users: " . $totkusercount;

Nice and simple, since we have the arrays of users, etc. already.
More
12 years 3 months ago #65 by CheechDogg
Nice! so what does that display now?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66 by t_p_s
Total online users: 5
HurricaneK, Rogue, Scritch, TimS, VegasWolf

Sorry, just a quick cut-n-paste from the screen, but it works. You can do the same things if you want guest count, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg
More
12 years 3 months ago #67 by CheechDogg
Ahah! Ok cool stuff t_p_s thanks for sharing my Friend!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 3 months ago #68 by t_p_s
No problem. I just took a 30 second look at the code without going into the logic for getTotalRegistredUsers or getTotalGuestUsers to see where the counts come from, as I don't allow guests. If someone checks, and those bits of code report back the right count, you can easily make your own 'total users: XX (xx registered, xx guests)' type of line. If anyone is really interested, I can look at it, and send you some code to test.
More
12 years 3 months ago #69 by CheechDogg
Nice! Yes please send the code over and I will test it out. I didn't take time to look at it either but now it makes sense.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #70 by FAN
Replied by FAN on topic "Who is online" count is wrong
Thanks for all the extra help regarding my suggestion. I have chosen the following option:

I edited whoisonline.php in the directory: components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/who

I changed
Code:
<div class="kwhoonline kwho-total ks"> <?php //$totalhiden = ''; $totalusers = ($totaluser + $totalguests); $who_name = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_TOTAL') ; $who_name .= '<strong>&nbsp;'.$totalusers.'</strong>&nbsp;'; if($totalusers==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_USERS').'&nbsp;'; } $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE').'&nbsp;&nbsp;::&nbsp;&nbsp;'; $who_name .= '<strong>'.$totaluser.' </strong>'; if($totaluser==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBER').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_MEMBERS').'&nbsp;'; } $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_AND'); $who_name .= '<strong> '. $totalguests.' </strong>'; if($totalguests==1) { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUEST').'&nbsp;'; } else { $who_name .= JText::_('COM_KUNENA_WHO_ONLINE_GUESTS').'&nbsp;'; } echo $who_name; ?> </div>

into
Code:
<div class="kwhoonline kwho-total ks"> <?php //$totalhiden = ''; $who_name = JText::_('Aantal leden online:') ; $who_name .= '<strong>&nbsp;'.$totaluser.'</strong>&nbsp;'; echo $who_name; ?> </div>

Result: the line above the names of the online members says
"Aantal leden online: <number of online members>"

As you see I have put (Dutch) text in the code. So if you're not Dutch you have to put in your own translation of "Number of online members:"
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by FAN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds