Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #81 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 9 months ago #82 by Phear Chyld

Bronte wrote: Problem:

The "Who is Online" forum part shows wrong informations. This happened the first time after a migration from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5

1. The Guest count is always zero
2. The number current online members doesnt korrelates with the shown usernames
3. sometimes membernames are shown there who arent online at all

Example:

In total there are 0 users Online :: 0 Members and 0 Guests
Bronte, tezzerzet, tigris

Some infos:

- Joomla 2.5.4
- Kunena 1.7.2
- all kunena modules are on 1.7.2 (especially the statistics module)
- session timeout is the same for kunena & joomla
- the joomla backend shows correct whoisonline informations
- you can check www.starcade-gaming.org/index.php/forum

what ive already done:

- sync users (clean usercache etc.)
- manually cleaned the kunena&joomla sessions + whoisonline database tables

I am running the same versions and the guest count is in the hundreds even though there is only 1 guest.

Any new developments?
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #83 by sozzled

Phear Chyld wrote: Any new developments?

Have you tried K 2.0.0? :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
11 years 9 months ago #84 by Phear Chyld
I can certainly test it. Last I heard this was a Joomla issue though. Is K2.0 expected to fix this?
More
11 years 9 months ago #85 by sozzled
Maybe my last reply was lost in translation. Let me try again:

Have you tried K 2.0.0?
More
11 years 9 months ago #86 by Phear Chyld
No, that's why I'm asking if K 2.0 was expected to fix it.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87 by sozzled
I am as eager to see this issue resolved as everyone. The discussion about the accuracy of numbers of people visiting a forum (based on the information extracted from Joomla and displayed by Kunena) has gone on for nearly 2 years and I think it's time we faced up to some inescapable conclusions.

Speaking only for myself, I have no interest in knowing whether the online user counts are correct or not because I simply do not look at such information when I am moderating a forum as busy as this one here.

K 2.0.0 fixes hundreds of issues with K 1.7.2. The list is far too big for me to search through the list (and the list may be incomplete) but you can check for yourself. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/commits/master

There will be no fix offered for K 1.7.2. We are past that stage now and this topic has served its purpose.

K 1.7.x is at end of life and support for this series will cease on 31 August 2012. For this reason, this topic is now locked and further discussion about the "wrong online users count" should take place within the context of K 2.0.

The mechanism for counting the online users is the same mechanism used by Joomla and, if Joomla has a problem with the way that sessions are counted, then people should complain on the Joomla forums. It's bizarre when we say this and people think we are offering excuses for something faulty in Kunena. Whenever we write "the online user count in Kunena uses whatever Joomla uses" people tell us that we are talking nonsense or in denial. Well, that doesn't change the facts.

In conclusion, I want to make three final points:

(1) The online user count in Kunena uses whatever Joomla uses. If the online user count is wrong in Joomla then it's wrong in Kunena and it will never be properly fixed in Kunena until Joomla gets it right. If people want to complain about this issue then they should complain in forum.joomla.org

(2) People can disable the function in Kunena or, if we all agree it would be for the best, the Kunena developers can disable this feature in future versions. Disabling the feature will probably lower everyone's blood pressure enormously (especially mine :lol:).

(3) We cannot solve this issue in K 1.7

In any event, please test K 2.0.0.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds