Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Who is online" count is wrong

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by Enes
Replied by Enes on topic "Who is online" count is wrong
As I know, Who Is Online section shows whole Joomla site population. But when you click on it, you see guests who active on Kunena forum.
This is what I think, maybe I am wrong...
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by fxstein
The numbers come from Joomla - try out the Joomla WhoIsOnline module - the numbers should match.

When you click on the list, you only see the ones that Kunena is tracking, and guests we do not track in there.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gutenmorgenuhu
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #13 by Oscarfishlover
The who is online section of the forum has always been something that has puzzled me. I have always been a little bit dubious about the accuracy of any of these who is online modules. It seems that the more members online, the more guests there are online at the same time. At the moment there are just over 100 members online, however, there are 13,000 guests.

A few minutes ago we had 10 members online on my forum, it was registering 207 guests, but only about 25 guests according to the module on the Joomla! website. Obviously if they are both independent of each other than this could obviously make sense. However, I don't see why I should suddenly have three times as many guests online only a few days after I have upgraded. The fact that when there appear to be lots of guests online, there are also quite a lot of members makes me think that somehow the members are generating these extra hits in some way.

That's just my theory. I would love to believe that we have 207 people browsing the forum, but I don't believe It.it seems that this over exaggeration of online guests has been amplified quite a lot with the new upgrade

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.
More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by sozzled
See fxstein's reply above.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #15 by Oscarfishlover
Does anyone honestly believe that the online statistics showing are actually accurate and portray the exact number of people browsing the forum?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Oscarfishlover.
More
13 years 5 months ago #16 by fxstein
I have changed the title of the thread to reflect the content of the discussion.

This is the Joomla user count stats function as used by millions of sites around the world. There is currently no known bug tracked in Joomla for changing that logic.

Again, these are the Joomla 1.5 internal who is online stats. Sure you can calculate that in 100 different ways, we simply wont add another layer of that.

If you feel your Joomla install tracks the numbers incorrectly, than this needs to be brought up for Joomla itself.

With Kunena 1.0/1.5 it was the other way around. We had countless people come and ask why the numbers where different from the Joomla numbers - because we had our own session logic. It is our clear goal to integrate as much and use as much of Joomla as possible, that includes the session logic in Joomla.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by Oscarfishlover
Whether the online statistics are correct, or incorrect doesn't really bother me at all and I certainly don't lose sleep over it.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
More
13 years 5 months ago #18 by mijalis
The native Joomla module is a very badly designed one in terms of performance...
If you have 1000s of users online, it will make a huge array and count them!!
I have re-written it to be much faster and more accurate by using optimized queries.
The heart of the problem is the function getOnlineCount() which iterates and creates arrays for all sessions, even guests, using the results of the following query:
Code:
SELECT guest, usertype, client_id FROM #__session WHERE client_id = 0
I have modified it in order to avoid that...actually I've made another module but I have not published it anywhere, but if somebody is interested I can send it...
More
13 years 5 months ago #19 by markxcool
Could you send this unpublished module of yours to me, please? Thank you!

(I'll PM you my email).

Sharing and caring!
More
13 years 5 months ago #20 by mijalis
I will attach it later today here...
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds