Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #581 by Lili
The problem was there before I upgrade. Checked mototools and it is ok... I have more than 8000 members and the forum is really getting big...

My site is www.onmagasine.ca

Here are the infos

[/quote]

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : magasine29 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-05

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Really really don't know...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Lili.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #582 by sozzled
Lili: Please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? There is some vital information missing from the report that you posted. Please post your unedited configuration report and then I may have an opportunity to learn more.

The most important part of the problem that we're dealing with, Lili, is that you are running some version of J! 1.5 (I don't know what specific version you are using, or whether that version meets the requirements for K 1.7.2, because you deleted that information from the configuration report) because you have legacy mode enabled. Please read legacy mode in the Wiki.

It would be of assistance if we could actually see the problem that you say you are having. Do you have a test account that we could use? You can post the details of the test account here using the
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lili

More
12 years 2 months ago #583 by krayzie.kry
Hi i have updated kunena from 1.6 to 1.7 the debug says deprecated 1.12 mootools but i have plugin mootools upgrade activated. Please help me i cant seem to get to upgrader mootools for kunena to work. The site i talk about is www.loredanalatis.ro/forum . The top menu in categories dissapear and I cannot use friendly url in kunena

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 90 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : real_tdc | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: March 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #584 by sozzled
krayzie.kry: The answer to your question is in msg #1 of this topic. You are using another Joomla extension (I think that it may be JCE MediaBox) that loads a customised Javascript library which overrides Joomla! You need to identify what that extension is and remove it.

Your Kunena menu disappears because you have two menu items (both of them with the alias "forum") that point to two different things. Remove the item with the target "index.php?option=com_kunena&view=listcat&catid=0". Please also read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

Your website loads at least 12 Javascript libraries; Kunena needs 3 of them. Your task is to figure out why you need the other 9 and which one(s) is/are conflicting with Mootools 1.2.4.

More
12 years 2 months ago #585 by mbires
I have searched the forum and can not find a simple answer to my question....

How do my members change their avatar, location, gender and birthdate. When the click on Profile, it shows them these options with the words "Unknown" in grey next to each item. There is no edit button to press.

Please help

More
12 years 2 months ago #586 by xpatman
Replied by xpatman on topic MooTools and IE
Hi
I know I will get told that this subject has been covered before but

I have just upgraded to 1.7.2 and for some reason on IE it has the 'MooTools Doomready event"
error

BUT its ONLY in IE, Firefox and Chrome are OK

Any ideas as I have not found an answer on line

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : youwinner | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 12-22-2010

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

More
12 years 2 months ago #587 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: MooTools and IE

xpatman wrote: I know I will get told that this subject has been covered before ...

I'm sorry the one who is the bearer of such news, however, you will find the answers to your question in msg #1 of this topic. You are loading K2 and jQuery that could be a reason why the DOMready event is not firing. Just as likely is that you are using a template designed for an older version of a Kunena template may not have been tested with IE9. You should eliminate that possibility by using the Blue Eagle template (as a test, if for no other reason).

The problem may only affect some users of [certain versions of] Internet Explorer when they view certain pages of your site but they did not affect me - using IE9 - when I looked at your site.

More
12 years 2 months ago #588 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: There is no edit button
G'day, mbires, and welcome to Kunena.

mbires wrote: There is no edit button to press.

There's the key word and, if you searched the forum you will find the answer in msg #1 of this topic.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #589 by laurel
Replied by laurel on topic user cannot edit profile
I have installed Kunena, importing phpBB3. It worked flawlessly! Thank you.

[strike]A few issues.[/strike] Users cannot edit their profile. There is an edit button, and no errors shown, but no data and nothing to edit. There is a save button also.

[strike]Also, their avatar shows up in posts, but not on their profile.[/strike]

I *hope* that when we get this fixed, users can set their own default post order (most recent to the top) because otherwise we have to go through hundreds of users to do that. OMG.

Anyway, I'm thinking there is some step I did not do, which is causing this problem of not being able to edit your own profile.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : tx_gravity | author: ThemeXpert | version: 2.2.0 | creationdate: June 01, 2010

Third-party components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Supplementary/off-topic question removed by moderator

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #590 by sozzled
See msg #1 in this topic for the answer.

I struck out your supplementary/off-topic question. I can't say that I've seen that issue reported elsewhere but perhaps it will be resolved when you get the edit profile facility enabled after you remove the Javascript library conflict that is clobbering Joomla's Mootools (and therefore preventing Kunena from working). My suspicion is jQuery.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: laurel

Time to create page: 0.843 seconds