Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 2 months ago #591 by kriead
Thank you for your reply. My understanding is that jquery is a java-script tool and I'm not proficient enough at programming to know how to correct this. However, my daughter is very adept at programming and has her Computer Science degree... so does her husband plus a PhD in Math. So, if I know how to basically explain the problem & where to find it I think that they could help fix it.

I am looking at some of the info & articles, per your direction, and find that I can't glean how to correct jquery using mootools. I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious...

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #592 by sozzled

kriead wrote: Thank you for your reply. My understanding is that jquery is a java-script tool ...

You are correct. This is better explained in Javascript and Kunena and I invite you to read what has been written before. In many of the cases reported on this forum the question could be simply summarised as My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena and I also invite you to read that article too.

jQuery Javascript conflicts with Joomla Mootools can be resolved. There is much information written on the internet (including references in msg #1 of this topic that we continually refer to) to help people who have jQuery-based Javascript. Sometimes these things are easy and sometimes things aren't so easy. As far as Kunena is concerned, the decision was taken about 2 years ago to move away from jQuery and use Mootools because that was the strategic direction being taken by Joomla.

Joomla, as we all know, is not three-mouseclicks-and-hey-presto-instant-website. Joomla is "serious" webcraft. Many of the problems that people encounter, however, begin with the strategic decisions that they need to take when they build a website, the most important one of which is "What's the most important ingredient I need, on my site, that yields the maximum value that visitors will obtain when they visit it?" When people focus, first and foremost, on that strategic question, and deal with the implementing a mix of software that achieves those objective, other issues (e.g. what the site looks and "feels" like) usually fall into place. Perhaps another way of saying this is Which came first? The template or the forum?

Because www.kunena.org is a community-driven, self-help forum, sometimes it's not practicable to address every unique combination of software that people have chosen. In these cases, I suggest that people return to the basics: start with a known, working "no-frills" Joomla installation, add Kunena first, and then add the other things you may need (making sure that, after adding each new extension that you check to make sure you haven't broken something in Kunena). Working backwards from when you have problems after you've installed Kunena as one of the last extensions, is sometimes quite difficult (especially for new users of Joomla) and that's why we often have questions, like yours, asked repeatedly.

Obvious? Not necessarily. jQuery is not always the cause of every problem (as you will see from reading the Wiki); it's just one possibility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kriead

More
12 years 2 months ago #593 by lev
Hi,
Does not display the field profile of the forum?
Button to save, back, cancel - are working.
In version 1.7.1 of these problems are not seen

Tested on Joomla 1.5.25

Sorry for my English.
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #594 by sozzled

lev wrote: In version 1.7.1 of these problems are not seen

I bet those problems would be seen on your site if you use K 1.7.1 (just as I would be willing to bet that these problems would be seen on your website if you used any version of Kunena all the way back to K 1.6.0). The answer to your problem is in msg #1 of this topic. You have a Javascript library conflict with Mootools.

You may have another site, somewhere else, running K 1.7.1 (that you haven't upgraded yet) where you don't have these issues - and that's my guess - but K 1.7.2 is not the cause of the problem.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lev, kriead

More
12 years 2 months ago #595 by lev
Hi sozzled,
You're right because of it System - Mootools Upgrade.
Only in the admin panel he had been set, but in fact, plugin files have been removed.
It can be seen when I rolled back the database but pokakoyto reason vostanovil remote plug-in, eventually downloaded the plug-in and hand-poured, via FTP.
Now it works!
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...ements/scripts/14643

Sorry for my English.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kriead

More
12 years 2 months ago #596 by byggamore
Replied by byggamore on topic Can´t edit profile
Hi
I just installed 1.7.2 on the Clarion theme from rocketthemes.
Everything seems to work fine except that i can´t edit the user profile i kunena forum.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Best regards

Miguel

More
12 years 2 months ago #597 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: Can´t edit profile
Hi byggamore,

Go into Clarion template settings, Advanced and turn off Build Title Spans. That should fix it.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freeme, byggamore

More
12 years 2 months ago #598 by byggamore
Replied by byggamore on topic Re: Can´t edit profile
Hi Jiminimonka
Truly amazing! It worked :cheer:

I just have to ask... Is there a way to have the function enabled and sill be able to edit the profile?
The function is kind of cool.

Best regards

Miguel

More
12 years 2 months ago #599 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re: Can´t edit profile
byggamore as far as I know you can't. I use rockettheme templates a lot myself and I have not figured a way around this.

I have also asked over at RT's forums and I have not gotten and answer. Sorry.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #600 by freeme
Replied by freeme on topic Re: Can´t edit profile
You saved my day!!! :)

Time to create page: 0.738 seconds