Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #601 by shawneo
i have tried everything listed here! still i have a non functioning board code..uhhh. Would anyone like to login to the admin of my site and take a look. im close to just going with another forum component.

Thanks!
Shawn

For clarification, my BBCode/BoardCode bar was not showing up.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by shawneo. Reason: update of issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #602 by Jiminimonka

shawneo wrote: i have tried everything listed here! still i have a non functioning board code..uhhh. Would anyone like to login to the admin of my site and take a look. im close to just going with another forum component.

Thanks!
Shawn

You have not actually stated what you problem is at all.

Please read Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? and post with your configuration report.

Also can you please detail exactly what the problem you are having is.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #603 by shawneo
Well, thanks to the moderator Sozzled, I was able to troubleshoot this issue and found that my inability to see the bbCode bar was due to a conflict with the plugin: "System-Rokbox".

Once this is disabled as well as disabling the "System - Mootools Upgrade" plugin I had my BBcode/Boardcode fully functional!

It should also be noted that I use the Rocket Theme template Crystalline.

Hope this fix helps someone else running into a similar issue!

Thanks again Michael for showing me how to troubleshoot these issues. It was a pleasure learning from your many years of experience.

Cheers,
Shawn

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #604 by Stachart
hello everyone,
i need some help, so, i gonna be as more clear as possible!
i'm running a site on joomla 1.5.X and use the latest kunena components for the forum!
i use kunena profile when you click on username link and it work!
but i have a problem, i'm using another extensions like udeim for private message, karma and alphauser points that appear to work properly in the profile, when user want to edit profile (including my own profile as administrator in the front end, the field for change dont appear, also for signature!

i'd like to know if someone already face with this problem, what can i do? is the problem because of another components that have profile options also?

in backend, not all field are avaible to edit user details, simply status, name and signature!
thanks in advance!

url of my forum is golgennet.com/index.php/gforums
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Stachart. Reason: site info

More
12 years 2 months ago #605 by Jiminimonka
Hi Stachart, welcome to Kunena,

Please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support at the top of this category section, and post your configuration report.

Thanks.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 2 months ago #606 by sozzled
G'day, Stachart, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read msg #1 in this topic for the answer to your question. Your problem is caused by a Javascript libary conflict that is interfering with Joomla (which, in turn, stops Kunena from working). You need to fix the cause of that problem and then Kunena will work for you.

More
12 years 1 month ago #607 by parslej
I've read WIKI page.
Enabled option in Configuration but cannot see any option to enter announcement?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #608 by Jiminimonka
Hi parslej,

You probably missed the bit in the wiki that says you have to enter the Joomla ID of the user(s) that can make Announcements.

1) Kunena has built announcements that support bbcode and smileys. Simply turn on announcements in the Kunena admin backend and enter the Joomla User-IDs of that moderators or administrators, who be entitled to write announcements. To enter an announcement select Announcements in the frontend and Add New. That is what we are using here on the site kunena.com. The announcements need a title and you have the choice to fill a short text and a long text, or only the short text.

docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena_Announcements

Please read the FAQ.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #609 by sozzled
G'day, parslej, and welcome to Kunena.

I am guessing - I am taking a wild stab in the dark - that the reason you are having this problem is because you have a Javascript library conflict with Joomla. I am taking a wild stab in the dark that you are using J! 1.5. How can I be sure that I am right when you have not given us any information about your website? That's a good question but, because you have not given us any information (your Kunena configuration report, for example), you have tied our hands in not being able to properly analyse, diagnose and suggest anything better than wild guesses.

I think you will find the answer to your question by reading msg #1 of this topic.

I think that, in future, you should also read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? I hope my guesswork was right and that msg #1 of this topic will help you to resolve your current problems if, as you say, Kunena Announcements in the Wiki did not help you.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #610 by mimimike64
Replied by mimimike64 on topic Post(Show) profile
Bonjour,j'utilise joomla 1.5x et virtuemart 1.9 . kunena 1.72. Le bouton affiche le profil n'apparait pas. Il est donc impossible de modifier le profil d'un utilisateur ou d'ajouter des information. J'utilise un template Rokettheme. Merci pour la solution.

Hello, I use joomla 1.5x and virtuemart 1.9. Kunena 1.72. The button posts(shows) the profile does not appear. It is thus impossible to modify the profile of a user or to add information. I use a template Rokettheme. Thank you for the solution.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds