Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 8 months ago #371 by beernerd
Thank you, that's much more straightforward than anything I was able to find on my own.

Apparently the issue is caused by a lack of Mootools. Unfortunately, I can't find a Mootools plugin that is compatible with Joomla 1.7. Has anyone successfully installed Kunena with Joomla 1.7?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #372 by 810
Joomla 1.7 have already mootools 1.2
So it must be working.

Please try default kunena. and joomla template
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
12 years 8 months ago #373 by beernerd
Ok, apparently the issue was with the Joomla template I was using. Is there anything I can do other than contact the template designer and wait for a fix?

Using Firebug, it looks like the site is running MooTools 1.3.2. Is that a problem?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #374 by sozzled

beernerd wrote: Has anyone successfully installed Kunena with Joomla 1.7?

Yes, several thousand people have, actually. :

See what I wrote in msg #368 . Siteground templates gave us some of the worst templates that caused almost impossible-to-solve problems in J! 1.5. It seems that they haven't improved much with J! 1.7 either.

J! 1.7 uses Mootools 1.3.2, yes. Siteground templates use their own Javascript library that is incompatible with Joomla; that's the problem. Talk to Siteground or use a different template; see also Which came first? The template or the forum?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #375 by miguel.jmpdo

Hello,

i am facing the same problem!
I tried almost all possible solutions presented here in this forum, but some how i can´t manage to put my boardcode and attachments sections working!

i tried uploading files, enabling/disabling mootools versions,...

I am trying to solve this for a lot of days, but i dont want to quit on the kunema forum because i think it integrates perfectly with the website that i am building:
-joomla 1.5.23; yoo_firefly template, jomsocial!

i really appreciate all the help i can get from this forum

Regards,

Miguel

can someone help me!
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #376 by 810
Try with default joomla template .
Regards 810

More
12 years 7 months ago #377 by miguel.jmpdo
810, thank you for your answer, but unfortunately I unistalled all the other templates :S a couple of days ago!!
Any other suggestion?

Miguel

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #378 by miguel.jmpdo

Hello,

I am actually publishing the kunema forum menu, not on the position "kunema_menu", but on the "left" position of the template, because when i tried to publish it on the position "kunema_menu" the server returned "500 Internal Server Error - Fatal Error was detected!"

I enabled the joomla debug and i get on this:

both images were taken when i am trying to reply to a post!
I dont have any problems with quick reply, neither the profile!

Hope to get some help here!

Regards,

Miguel
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by miguel.jmpdo. Reason: image!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #379 by agario
Hello,

I use Joomla 1.5.23 and Kunena 1.7.0

My configuration :

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : theme447 | author: Smeliy | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 25 January 2010

Kunena default template details : Darky Green 1.6 | author: gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-10-25

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

I decided to integer the kunena forum on my site, but when I integer it, I don't view my Boardcode

I identifie the problem, it was a problem with the /public_html/templates/theme447/scripts/ jquery-1.3.2.min.js

I desactivate this in /public_html/templates/theme447/index.php the line :

<script src="<?php echo $path ?>/scripts/jquery-1.3.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

And now I can see my boardcode in my forum kunena.

But now some effect of my template don't work.

I try to use jquery-1.6.1.min.js with my template, but I have the same problem.

I contacted the template creator (template monster), but he said to me, "It is not the problem of template monster..."

I try many think to resolve problem, add code to css template file, activate/desactivate moontools... but I think I m not enought knowledge about this.

Can you help me for my problem please ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by agario.

More
12 years 7 months ago #380 by Matias
It looks like your language is missing some translations. Can you try the same in English, so we could get the real error messages?

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds