Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #321 by John
Because I want to use Tapatalk I need to upgrade Kunena to 1.6.5 (from 1.6.3). After upgrade I am getting the Kunena Mootools Domready never fired.

Ok....no problem, switched to Ja-Purity...problem remains...de-installed all possible templates, plugins, components and modules....problem still remains????

I have run out of options...msg #1 says its a java conflict...well...with what? Nothings left?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by John.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #322 by 810
Can you pm a account. Your site is very slow.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #323 by sozzled
G'day, John. I tried to connect to your website. I could not connect to your website. I only got a white page after waiting for about 2 minutes. Your K 1.6 configuration report shows that you have tried to customise menu links for Kunena.

I think you have a Joomla menu conflict (maybe this topic will help: [Merged topic] "This webpage has a redirect loop" ). Joomla menu issues are summarised in this FAQ Kunena menu issues .

First of all deal, let's deal with what's preventing us accessing your website as a separate topic/problem and then we can get back to any Javascript library conflicting issues after we've resolved this basic problem.

Update: After 5 attempts, I was able to view your website. It's running very slowly from here. The time taken to load your Kunena page was 40 seconds!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #324 by infinart
HI,

Config - Frontend - Enable lightbox for images - YES

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #325 by sozzled

infinart wrote: Config - Frontend - Enable lightbox for images - YES

Please see msg #1 in this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #326 by John
The problem with my site being slow has been solved for now....at night this server is extremely slow...thats why my live site is on a different one. I have removed the Kunena menu, all links and rebuilt a new one.

810 I will PM you login details for this test site and my live site, thanks for the helping hand.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #327 by 810
For Ie7 and Ie8 users. Please disable kunena debug. This solves the Mootools domready was never fired problem,

This only happens under certain circumstances;
- Use IE8 or lower
- Joomla 1.5 (MT in J1.6+ seems to have fixed this)
- Debug mode on

regards 810
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by 810.

More
12 years 8 months ago #328 by djenhancer
this one saved my ass! :) .. thank you very very very much!!!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #329 by lightbots
I've recently installed Kunena and realized I can't edit a profile nor know where you can edit your profile, here is a picture of the profile page:

Solved by disabling the buildspans in Gantry
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by lightbots.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #330 by hannylicious
If I remember correctly it is a template issue. I think certain templates have this effect (Rockettheme for me) I think it has to do with the CSS & Javascript.

See the big word that says EDIT right "Profile for TESTER(test)"?

That is supposed to appear in a box floated to the right.

I just had the exact same issue on a site I developed around 1 month ago. I can't remember exactly how I resolved it however, but it had something to do with adjusting the template & Kunena. I will post up what I did once I get a chance to view my notes!

*EDIT*
Found the information!
To Start - read this thread:
www.kunena.org/forum/159-k-16-common-que...ease-read-this-first

It's a GREAT resource - and it's where I found information on the answer to my problem (I posted on page 25 with my solution - was using the gantry framework with buildspans enabled).

Turning off "buildspans" in your template (if you're using Gantry) will probably fix the issue. There are workarounds to allow Buildspans to remain enabled and have your forum display properly, it's discussed in that thread.

This is the thread to see how to turn off buildspans in Gantry:
blog.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=9...33379&rb_v=viewtopic

This was my post in the thread that fixed my issue (if you're not going to look it up):

I just left it the same, mine looks like this:

if ($gantry->get('buildspans-enabled')) {
$modules = "";
$headers = "";

That appears to be working fine for me with no issues.

This was changed from the original post on page 18 of that thread (THIS IS THE FIX I USED):

Here's another workaround -

1 step: copy this file
joomla-root/components/com_gantry/features/jstools.php
into this location
joomla-root/templates/template name/features/

2. step: open this new jstools.php

find line 45-47
$modules = "";
$headers = "";

and change it to this

$modules = "";
$headers = "";

Works like a charm, and you can keep Build Title Spans on for the rest of your articles. I haven't found anything broken w/this yet, so this seems to be the best solution.

Hope that helps!~
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by hannylicious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, lightbots

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds