Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #301 by Daser
in firefox

you can see, mootools correct version, the same as in this forum

bbcode not visible

in chrome

in IE9

no problem...

What to do?

PS: in debugmode:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'juneart.jos_tagmeta' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_tagmeta WHERE ('/forum/2-rabochij-forum/1-raschet-czen' REGEXP uri)>0 and published='1' ORDER BY ordering

disable plugin system tag meta and error disappeared
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Daser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #302 by Daser

Early diagnosis of potential problem situations

Kunena 1.6.4

From K 1.6.4, Kunena debug mode gives some early indication of Javascript issues that have been reported by users. When you run debug, you will be alerted to the following issues.

Mootools is not loaded
The version of Mootools is not compatible with Kunena
Mootools DOMready event does not work

In addition, the plugin load order is not necessary to overcome conflicts between Mootools and other frameworks like jQuery or conflicts with old Joomla site templates and plugins. These issues were mainly experienced in releases before K 1.6.4. Kunena 1.6.4 also fixes a number of the issues discussed later in this article.

debug enabled.
none of the above does not appear in firefox

More
12 years 9 months ago #303 by Daser
:P I WIN!!!!!
Error mootools 'Redeclaration of var gecko'

mootools.js change code

window.__defineGetter__("gecko",function()

on

window.__defineGetter__("gecko1",function()

:woohoo:

More
12 years 9 months ago #304 by xillibit

Daser wrote: :P I WIN!!!!!
Error mootools 'Redeclaration of var gecko'

mootools.js change code

window.__defineGetter__("gecko",function()

on

window.__defineGetter__("gecko1",function()

:woohoo:

Never seen that before :ohmy: :ohmy:

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 9 months ago #305 by ecolora

More
12 years 9 months ago #306 by sozzled
The situation arising in the issue reported by Daser is, whatever the solution, related to Mootools.

Gecko is primarily used in web browsers, the earliest being Netscape 6 and Mozilla Application Suite (later renamed SeaMonkey). It is also used in other Mozilla web browser derivatives such as Firefox, Camino, Flock, K-Meleon and the version of Internet Explorer that runs under Wine. Therefore, if you change the Mootools definition from "gecko" to "gecko1" what this basically says is "disable the JHTML behaviour as far as Firefox is concerned". Put this another way, this indirectly explains why people may not see the kind of problem described by Daser in Google Chrome but they may see the issue if they use some version(s) of Firefox.

In the final analysis, the Mootools 1.2.5 Javascript library was not developed by Kunena but we have not seen the problems just mentioned with Firefox. What would be beneficial is to report this issue to the Mootools development team .

More
12 years 9 months ago #307 by kd8lcd
I have read through the post , and looked at my Joomla back end settings al looks well but stil missing the BBcode in my forums. I am wondering if it's a problem with another module, yesterday I had users whom could not update their profile settings, I found that If I removed some securtiy mdule then users could at least update their profiles. I have also tried with several templates aswell and get the same results regarding the BBcode missing , although some of these Kunena templates cause other errors like not being able to click on buttons and back to not being able to update profile.

below is the report configuration.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : bcaraw8wrk | author: BCARA | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-01-22

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

More
12 years 9 months ago #308 by sozzled
G'day, kd8lcd, and welcome to Kunena.

I cannot access your forum - you've locked it from visitors - and, therefore, the only help that I can offer at this time is to ask you to read the advice contained in msg #1 in this topic. You have a Javascript library conflict with another Joomla extension. You might ask KE4OBT for his suggestions about what you can do.

While diagnosing these problems, please stick with the Blue Eagle (default) template. Thank you.

More
12 years 9 months ago #309 by cellardoor_ncx
Hello, this is my website : www.testowa.jagodnik.pl

I chose to use your Kunena forum component, enabled mootools upgrade but I end up with a script problem in moo.js. I use Ja Purity II template with Moo menu, which I think is not fully mootools 1.2.5 compatible...

When you view my site in IE you get an error :
Code:
Line: 171 Error: Object does not use the method „init” URL: http://www.testowa.jagodnik.pl/templates/ja_purity_ii/js/menu/moo.js

I also use couple of jquery based modules. Maybe you have any solution to this ?

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #310 by Valente
Hi, I'm having the same problem here with the profile editing and the avatars that can't be upload.
I'm using a zootemplate (JV Reno) and i was looking for support on zoomplate website and this was their reply:

1.6 is almost ready with 1.2 out of the box, why make J1.5 with moo 1.2 now and force all extensions developers using the core 1.1 code to upgrade their extensions core code for both J1.5 AND J1.6 ?

We would love this if joomla 1.5 did it 1 year ago, but not now and J1.6 RC is almost here.

The Kunena team has been working with the Joomla Mootools 1.2 plugin for the past 6 months and are excited. So they will know how to make their extension work with joomla 1.5 default and mootool 1.1

We highly recommend you don't enable mootool 1.2 because there are many extensions use mootools 1.1. If you enable mootools 1.2 it will kill other extensions.

Kind regards,
JV Team

Could you please give me some help? Thank you!!
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Valente.

Time to create page: 0.718 seconds