Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
12 years 8 months ago #311 by sozzled
G'day, cellardoor_ncx, and welcome to Kunena.

Yes, the problems with JA_Purity II's menu system are well-known. The last time I tested JA_Purity II, I was able to make Kunena work if I used one or two of the menu options; the rest of the options blow-up Joomla's Javascript Library (Mootools).

The answer to your question is in msg #1 in this topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #312 by sozzled
G'day, Valente, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know what you've read or what information you've received elsewhere but the facts you are looking for are given in the links in msg #1 in this topic.

We would dispute most of the so-called "facts" that you quoted in your post.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cellardoor_ncx

More
12 years 8 months ago #313 by cellardoor_ncx
Sozzled - thank you for help, but I've already got through "common causes of mootools and kunena" and found no help. So, what do you mean by using "one or two menu options" ? I'm pretty dependant on mootools 1.12 as my project is almost over. What are my options ? Maybe I should go with Kunena 1.5.9 or some pre 1.6 release instead ?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #314 by sozzled
If you are dependent on an outdated version of Mootools, I can only recommend an outdated (and soon to be unsupported) version of Kunena, or some other forum software that doesn't rely on Javascript software. These days even the current web browsers (IE 9, Firefox 4, Google Chrome, for example) need the recent Mootools library to properly handle Joomla websites. Sorry. K 1.5.14, perhaps? (I wouldn't recommend it)

Most other forum software for Joomla uses these recently updated Mootools libraries, too. You will probably have to go outside Joomla for a "bridged forum" solution if Mootools 1.1 where you need to stay.

90% of the problems that people have with K 1.6.x are mostly caused by using old, unsupported Joomla site templates.

More
12 years 8 months ago #315 by cellardoor_ncx
I see. You know, the problem is I started to build this website on Joomla 1.5.23 and Ja Purity II because of several reasons, I didn't know the client would like to have a forum solution back then. So I think it is a matter of getting Ja Purity II to work with mootools 1.2 rather than working around problems in Kunena. Out of curiosity, what option would you choose ?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #316 by sozzled
I think you nailed the issue with your client's recent epiphany (or, as we might say Which came first? The template or the forum? )

I would not waste my time with JA Purity II; I mean, I spent about 45 minutes with it one day, got it to work with K 1.6, said to myself "big deal" and then I disposed of it. People an over-agonise about the choice of site template; at the end of the day you have to ask yourself what's more important to you: functionality or eye-candy? Good ol' JA_Purity that comes free, out-of-the-box with J! 1.5.23 works just as well and, to the untrained eye, isn't that much different to JA Purity II. The original JA_Purity is still the best ... and it works with Mootools 1.2.5. It's a two-minute fix-it.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #317 by kunSNOW
Replied by kunSNOW on topic Edit Profile not working
Hi
I have just set up a Joomla site (1.5)
I have installed a RocketTheme template, if that helps diagnose the issue.
I installed Kunena today, version 1.6.5.
I have the default template installed.

I have found that if I go to Profile and click the edit button, the panel appears, but there is no information and none of the tabs work.
I have enclosed a screenshot to show the situation.

Can anyone give any solutions?

*** Found that there is a plug-in called "System - Mootools Upgrade" if it is turned on the info and tabs work, but the Edit button disappears. If it's switched off then the edit button works but no information is there. The version is: Mootools 1.2.5 ***

Thanks in advance

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by kunSNOW. Reason: Found extra info!

More
12 years 7 months ago #318 by sozzled
G'day, kunSNOW, and welcome to Kunena.

Please see msg #1 in this topic.

More
12 years 7 months ago #319 by infinart
Replied by infinart on topic Popup not working.
Hi,

I have it enabled but the popup is not working.

See here:

infiniteart.com.au/category-10/t-7

More
12 years 7 months ago #320 by sozzled

infinart wrote: I have it enabled ...

Could you please be more specific about what it is that you have enabled, please? Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds