Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
11 years 8 months ago #461 by Jazzvox
?? Related to the fact that I'm not using kunena_menu (Module) ??

What I have:
* Joomla 2.5.6 / Kunena 2.0.1
* From-The-Scratch-created basic Kunena Menu (not to be displayed)
* Genuine mainmenu Alias that points to /forum/aktuelles (recent)
* Sidebar custom menu with Alias that points to /forum/index

What I need: Links to forum categories in Sidebar custom menues

When I create a category menu entry in kunenamenu, topic and answer URLs are not accessible anymore, Browser: Error 310 (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS) occurs.

Possible workaround: use external URLs for Custom menu modules, but highlighting URLs won't work this way :angry:

Any idea is appreciated! Thanks ...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : start5 | author: Mathias Roth, Trade Service | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 2011-04-05

Kunena default template details : Starthilfe Blueboard | author: Mathias Roth, Trade Service | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.4 | CommunityBuilder 1.8.1 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1 | Kunena Login 2.0.1 | Kunena Search 2.0.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #462 by sozzled
Thank you for starting a new topic on this particular issue.

I'm not sure about the Show Category menu type; there are a couple of menu views in K 2.0.1 that are defective but I haven't tested this particular menu type and so I can't be sure. I'm not 100% sure if those defective views have been fixed in K 2.0.2. Perhaps someone else can advise us whether there are known problems with the Show Category menu type?

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #463 by Jazzvox

Jazzvox wrote: When I create a category menu entry in kunenamenu, topic and answer URLs are not accessible anymore, Browser: Error 310 (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS) occurs

.. after some testing ..
:ohmy: When I create a category menu entry in kunenamenu like
/forum/ = home
> /index/ = category list
> /category1/ = category item
(following the Kunena menu structure) - it breaks forum URLs as described.

B) When I create a category menu entry in kunenamenu correctly nested:
/forum/ = home
> /index/ = category list
> > /category1/ = category item
it works! No ERROR 310 - but:

Setting up a Custom menu Alias-link, logically it's
domain.tld/forum/index/category1/ whereas
highlighting works, modules can be positioned, pages are existing ...
and
Kunena Breadcrumbs display domain.tld/forum/index/category1/* as well
but
Forum content links to topics and answers still remain the same:
domain.tld/forum/category1/1-topic/

:( that's not what we want

Seems that Kunena 2.0.1 (in 1.7.* it was possible to create category items the "flat way" without errors) is in conflict with it's own concept of NOT including/displaying Kunena-sections in Forum URLs ... might be an issue related to "Joomla 1.5 vs. 2.5 Menu Structure" ??

As a matter of fact, the latter architecture (forum/section/categoryX/X-topic) seems to be more logical for crawlers, webdesigners and visitors, according to Joomla's concept of nested categories and else ... as far as I think Forum links should be of the same kind.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Jazzvox.

More
11 years 6 months ago #464 by shelagerl
Hi sozzled,

I am having a problem about kunena menu. I can't see the list of tabs of my kunena forum anymore like Index, Recent Topics tab and etc,. So what did I do. I try to restore my kunena menu by following this instruction below:

docs.kunena.org/index.php/*_Commonly-ask...iki-00000007-QINU.7F

I'm sorry but still no luck.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

More
11 years 6 months ago #465 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Missing Kunena Menu
Let me state, again, for the record: this is a community-run self-help forum. Many people find the information they're looking for in the forum and they are able to fix their problems in a relatively short amount of time. For those people who require more assistance - "dedicated", one-on-one assistance - that's not a problem either. However I also hope that people understand that we're ordinary people here who volunteer our time to help out in a general kind of way and we don't get paid for the time it takes us to give the help that we give.

This is my offer to anyone who asks me, personally, "Hey, sozzled, I read the guide, I followed the prompts, I did everything that everyone else has done and, sorry, mate, I can't figure it out. Can you help me?" Yes. I can help in these special circumstances where the guides, the videos, the tutorials and the messages posted on the forum have not worked for people. Please contact me directly by email and note, that I will charge, in advance, on a per hour basis for this special work. ;)

More
11 years 5 months ago #466 by shelagerl
Hi sozzled.

How much is the rate if we want you to fix all this error below in our Kunena forum?

____________________________________________________________________________________
The Menu tab is not working correctly like when you click Recent Topics it will goes to homepage of the website. The profile page does not allow to edit profiles.

After clicking the forum tab in the main menu this Notice message appear : Please check your Joomla menus: Infinite redirect loop detected in /index/Forum/

We get also the Notice warning messages see below:

Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=707).

Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=707).

Please check your Joomla menus: Infinite redirect loop detected in /index/Forum-Rules/

Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page.

We are using Joomla 1.7.0 and Kunena is 1.7.2

Gerl

More
11 years 5 months ago #467 by sozzled
J! 1.7.0 is not supported by Joomla. Our advice is to upgrade your version of Joomla to the latest stable release; at this time the latest stable release is J! 2.5.7

K 1.7.2 is not supported by the Kunena project. Our advice, in response to questions asked on this forum about K 1.7.2, has consistently been that you should upgrade to the latest stable release of Kunena - at this time, K 2.0.2 - before you ask questions about unsupported versions of Kunena.

Although it should be fairly straightforward to make the necessary changes to your Joomla menu so that you do not get those error messages (and to make sure that you have a working Kunena menu), you should contact me directly by email (my email link is on the team page) to negotiate fees, etc., but I cannot give you a guarantee that your forum would function properly using an unsupported version of Joomla using an unsupported version of Kunena.

More
11 years 3 months ago #468 by jjones1978
Error:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Does anyone have an answer to this issue other than disabling SEF urls in joomla?

Thanks in advance

James

Joomla version: 1.5.26, Kunena 2.0.2

More
11 years 2 months ago #469 by jjones1978

More
11 years 2 months ago #470 by Mortti

jjones1978 wrote: Error:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Does anyone have an answer to this issue other than disabling SEF urls in joomla?

Thanks in advance

James

Joomla version: 1.5.26, Kunena 2.0.2

Kunena not support anymore 2.0.2 version... start playing with backups and update to Kunena 2.0.4

Time to create page: 0.668 seconds