Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
11 years 2 months ago #471 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

See Kunena Menu issues in the Wiki for various solutions to this Joomla issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #472 by 6degres
For no apparent reason, I started getting this error when drilling down into a category in our Kunena forum ?

This stops when I take off Joomla's core SEF function ?

Joomla 3, Kunena 1.42 (latest)

Does anyone know why and how to solve this ?

Thanks
Danny

More
11 years 2 months ago #473 by Simpel
Same here...

Kunena 2.04 with joomla 2.5.9. I only get this when default SEF is enabled in Joomla. When SEF is off there is no problem.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #474 by sozzled
The problem of "too many redirects" has been discussed many times (one hundred or more times, perhaps). The problem is caused by not using the standard Kunena menu - the one that comes already built when you first install Kunena (but the only thing you have to do is to publish one menu item). The problem is caused when people try to create their own menus and they don't know how to do it properly.

People get "too many redirects" if they are using two menu items with the same menu item alias name. To work around this problem in Joomla and if you want to have two menu items with the same menu item alias name, you need to create new menu items with the menu item type = "alias menu".

If the terminology sounds difficult to understand, don't worry. There is a really simple page of advice that will help to make it easy to fix this problem. What you need to do is to restore the standard Kunena menu. This page will show you how: Kunena menu issues .

People should also check that they have properly set up Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago #475 by Simpel
Same here. It's seems also a problem with Joomla cache I think. Because I always had to reload the kunena page twice before showing the forum.

is there any solution for this?

More
10 years 11 months ago #476 by serhiox
Hi,
Please need help , don't understand how to solve it.
www.autorepair.ae/dubai/en/forum.html
All links are not working, Error 310.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : znzgaragedubai | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-05-27

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
10 years 11 months ago #477 by Matias
You have created this menu item into your English (menueng) menu:

422 FORUM view=home&defaultmenu=432 forum

Kunena has the same alias in Kunena Menu (kunenamenu):

431 Forum view=home&defaultmenu=433 forum

Look into the Main Menu (mainmenu). There is one unpublished menu item for Kunena. If you do the same in your English menu, that would fix all the issues you have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: serhiox

More
10 years 11 months ago #478 by serhiox

More
10 years 11 months ago #479 by Matias
I'm not a genius, I designed the feature.

But it looks like there is a use case I've not taken into my consideration. In general Joomla doesn't allow same aliases, but there seems to be one exception in the rule: languages.

More
10 years 9 months ago #480 by Filipsons
Hello all i have problem Error 310 when I login to the forum.
my web is badboy.lv/index.php/en/kunena/index how to fix that ? Thx for help advance

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds