Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
10 years 9 months ago #481 by Filipsons
Thx i fix the problem you need to System - Language Filter change Remove URL Language Code and put yes :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #482 by Matias
Interesting fix. I couldn't locate the issue by myself, but I did notice that also Joomla articles had similar issues to Kunena, just showing up in a different way.

So maybe it's an overlook or a bug in Joomla language system.

More
10 years 8 months ago #483 by jjones1978
Hi,
When I enable SEF urls in my joomla 1.5 website, if i then nevigate to any of the categories within the 'main forum' index, I get an error:

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

.htaccess is obviously enabled in the root, sef urls and apache mod_re-write enabled.

Kunena version 2.0.2

Obviously i want to upgrade the site to 2.5.x at some point but need this resolved asap.

thanks in advance.

More
10 years 8 months ago #484 by jjones1978
This is exactly what caused my issue - an alias called forum. i renamed furum-discussion and all is good with sef

More
10 years 8 months ago #485 by jjones1978
Just found a note in annother thread about the main forum menu item having the alias of forum.
Renaming this to forum-discussion resolved the issue of SEF url in joomla backend breaking access to forum catagories.

Thanks!

More
9 years 3 months ago #486 by 810
please add kunena report

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #487 by sozzled

00frugo wrote: ... "too many forwardings" ...

Although it is sometimes a good idea to post your configuration report (as 810 suggested)—see vimeo.com/69818669 to learn how to do this—this problem is not caused by Kunena.

The problem of "too many redirects" has been discussed many times—see "This webpage has a redirect loop" . This is a frequently asked question . The problem is caused by not using the standard Kunena menu - the one that comes already built when you first install Kunena (but the only thing you have to do is to publish one menu item). The problem is caused when people try to create their own menus and they don't know how to do it properly.

People get "too many redirects" if they are using two menu items with the same menu item alias name. To work around this problem in Joomla and if you want to have two menu items with the same menu item alias name, you need to create new menu items with the menu item type = "alias menu".

There is a really simple page of advice that will help to make it easy to fix this problem. What you need to do is to restore the standard Kunena menu. This page will show you how: Kunena menu issues .

People should also check that they have properly set up Joomla Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)

Yes, you can post your configuration report if you want to but it will only confirm the situation that I have described.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #488 by 00frugo
Replied by 00frugo on topic :)
You not helped but... see next :)

My webpage here!

And 00frugo is my old nick, the new is Soaku
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by 00frugo.

More
9 years 3 months ago #489 by 00frugo
Replied by 00frugo on topic Re: Redirection error
hmm...? In your report i saw "kunena: Disabled or not installed"
I hope it helped...
But
I got this problem too :huh:

My webpage here!

More
9 years 3 months ago #490 by 00frugo
Replied by 00frugo on topic Re: Redirection error
fxstein wrote:
This is most likely a SEF/htaccess problem as you are running the whole Joomla stack not in the root directory of your httpdocs, but it seems inside of /joomla.

Any particular reason why you are doing this? It will make things break easier.
:( Not helped... there is no SEF and no htaccess

My webpage here!

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds