Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
12 years 4 months ago #451 by flaterik
Replied by flaterik on topic Joomla SEO and K 1.7
Hi people, i have put on the SEO on my Jooomla 1.5 site.
After i do this, i can't go to the forum. I can't into te discussion

The error is a redirect error

What i can do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #452 by xpatman
Replied by xpatman on topic Backend Edit
Hi
I have Kunena on three sites but one has an error in the plugin manager

If I try and edit the = System - Kunena Plugin it returns = The connection was reset / The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

I first thought was the plugin was just missing so I have reinstalled the component but no change

An Ideas ??

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 48M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : youevents | author: Youjoomla LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 11-28-2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by xpatman.

More
12 years 4 months ago #453 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Backend Edit
I went to your website. I am surprised that it works. You have a bit problem with how you have setup your menu. Error message

Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum (ItemID=410).

You need to fix up your Kunena menu. This topic shows you how.

More
12 years 4 months ago #454 by xpatman
Replied by xpatman on topic Re: Backend Edit
Interesting
the error page is here
www.dalianxpat.org/administrator/index.p...t=site&task=edit&cid []=155

The site uses the same files as the other two and they were upload via a FTP

More
12 years 4 months ago #455 by sozzled
However you caused the error, the solution to the problem lies in fixing your Joomla/Kunena menu.

More
11 years 11 months ago #456 by Astra16
I have installed Kunena 1.7 and when I click on the menu link I get the following message "Please check your joomla menus: infinate redirect loop detected in/index.php/forum/index. I am new to joomla therefore I am a bit stuck with this. I am using a template from mixedweb templates, The site address is www.penistonecameraclub.org.uk . As requested below is the report, as a new person I hope you can help me and advise if I have done anything wrong.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : mx_joomla60 | author: mixwebtemplates.com | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.2

More
11 years 11 months ago #457 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

See what else has been written about this subject in this topic. Difficult to know what is happening at your site, Astra16: your forum is currently offline at the moment.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #458 by M4TTH3W
Hi,
I've installed the latest Kunena but now when I try to login through Hello Me, I get "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." If I then hit the back button on browser and home link on main menu I get what is seen in the screenshot. I am logged in at this stage. If I try to log out I get "500 - Error loading component: , 1". Everything worked fine until after the Kunena install. I am unsure as to whether or not I may have done something wrong.

Google returns the following;
"This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at www.openi.ie/index.php/component/users/?...r.login&Itemid=1 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Can you help or advise?

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 20 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : openitime2 | author: Open-i | version: 1.2 | creationdate: 2012-08-08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.1 | creationdate: 2012-07-07

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.1 | 2012-07-07 [ Balozi ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.1 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.1

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by M4TTH3W. Reason: Add information from google

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #459 by sozzled
In your case, you have two menu items in your mainmenu menu module that conflict with one another.

The first item (item-id = 162) is the one created by default when you installed Kunena. This is the correct one. The second item (item-id=163) is one that you created and you should delete it (and trash the item). That's why you're having the problem. This issue has been discussed many times on the forum. The issue relates to the way you've created your Joomla menu.

I do not have any knowledge of "Hello me". Maybe that's another cause of problems you are having. Can you tell us more about "Hello me", please?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #460 by M4TTH3W
Thanks, I rectified the menu fault and cleared the cache in Joomla and my browsers but this has not solved the problem.
Hello me is the name of the login module (with Facebook Connect) installed with Jomsocial. I have renamed it simply to "Login" on the site and it is used instead of the Login Form native to Joomla.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by M4TTH3W. Reason: spelling correction

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds