Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Sometimes users get: "You do not have permissions to access this page"

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #61 by astrogoal

Jiminimonka wrote: Sounds like your site it broken.

Funny. My site works and every components work. Only kunena does not work with legacy off. But you think that site does not work.

Otherwise, the kunena wiki esplane (wrongly) that if you have every component updated you can turn off legacy, but it is not true.

In fact, in previous post, Matias says that "I think you have either CB plugin or UddeIM/CB template that doesn't work in Joomla 1.5 Native".

www.kunena.org/forum/5-General-Talk-abou...nena?start=20#106405

So, kunena's wiki about legacy is not complete (for me).

Please, consider that this problem of legacy is not a problem of today and for me. You can find a lot of posts about...
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by astrogoal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #62 by Virgo3456
We have the same issues on our homepage. It is running completely under Joomla 2.5.X. I just made the upgrade from Kunena 1.7.x to 2.0.3 and have exactly the same problem.

Parallel we have a test-site running, on which we updatet from Kunena 1.7 to Kunena 2.0, 2.01, 2.02 and today 2.0.3 without any problems.

Is there a change in the Kunena-Code that the installer doesn`t know ?

More
11 years 4 months ago #63 by sozzled
The answer to the problem about "sometimes users are getting 'you do not have permissions to access this page'" is to check the permissions on your categories. A useful guide to setting up your categories is to read Simple forum setup instructions

The other information that you are looking for is in this topic. You should not have to change any PHP code.

More
11 years 4 months ago #64 by Hoffi
Regarding the problem described by virgo (all categories empty on Index, access denied if accessing a topic directly) I have made two experiments with the backup of this site on my local web server:

a) upgrading from latest Kunena 1.7 to 2.0.3
All topics are lost (the frontend says). Accessing a topic directly (via previously working url) a "you don't have access" message is shown (to a Super user!)
In the DB all entries are present but in _kunena_categories and _kunena_topics tables all references to first/last topic/post are empty/zero.

b) upgrading Kunena (on the same site, restored again) from 1.7.x to 2.0.2 first and then from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3
All topics are shown and can be accessed without any problem - all works fine.
(and all references in the DB tables are set as expected)

To prevent a complete site restoration I had simply replaced the two tables on our life site by the two from test b) and all is working fine and our users are happy. :)

This is why virgo asked if there is a difference in the upgrade functionality in 2.0.2 vs. 2.0.3.

I don't know where to find the real cause of the problem. But maybe this test results will help someone.

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds