Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Joomla legacy mode and Kunena

More
12 years 8 months ago #21 by xillibit
Hello,

What Kunena version are-you using ? Are-you using some Kunena modules/plugins ? If, yes can-you give the versions ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 8 months ago #22 by sozzled
I will bet a case of beer that this has nothing to do with Kunena. Any Google search of "Direct access to this location is not allowed" will tell you that you have a Joomla 1.0 extension that you're trying to run on a J! 1.5 website. There are no Joomla extensions written by the Kunena project that will give this kind of error.

The "trick" therefore, is how to find which extension you have that was written for J! 1.0. Msg #9 in this topic contains a short guide to how to detect which extension(s) you have that are not compatible with J! 1.5. One of these days I will update the Wiki article Legacy mode to include this guide.

When you have found an extension that is not compatible with J! 1.0, you need to update it to J! 1.5 or you need to uninstall it. That's the problem, that's what's causing the "Direct Access to this location is not allowed" message, and update/uninistall is the solution.
More
12 years 8 months ago #23 by Zylkin
I resolved a problem, blame the CB Plugin.
More
12 years 7 months ago #24 by iLucato

I resolved a problem, blame the CB Plugin.

Hi Zylkin, I'm facing the same issue. I mean, when I disable Legacy plugin I'm getting also the "direct access to this location is not allowed" error message and as you, I removed all 1.0 components, modules, plugins and template compatibility now are compatible with joomla 1.5.

You said you solved it, I'm using CB too, it's version 1.7. How did you solve it? Would you mind to share the solution?

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
More
12 years 7 months ago #25 by Matias
You still have something legacy installed into your site. I take a terminal to the server and run "grep VALID_MOS * -r | grep -v _JEXEC" in your Joomla root directory.

If you find lines like this:
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
You have found the suspect.. Just note that some components like UddeIM and CB itself may have files that are meant only for J1.0..
More
12 years 7 months ago #26 by iLucato
Hi Matias, thanks for your reply.

I don't know what is a terminal server and how to execute it. Will that command replace all the VALID_MOS for JEXEC or just find them?

Well, I found in other way a lot of files with _VALID_MOS. My question is, is that ok to replace all VALID_MOS for _JEXEC or it may be unsafe for security reasons on the site or other problem. By changing it, will be allowed to use J! and K! withouth legacy mode on?

Thanks.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
More
12 years 7 months ago #27 by Matias
Terminal means usually SSH connection (could be using RSH/telnet or some other protocol as well).

You shouldn't just replace _VALID_MOS, because of that doesn't work either. It just allows you to locate files that were designed to be used with Joomla 1.0.

If the line contains both _VALID_MOS and _JEXEC, it will run in both Joomla 1.0 or 1.5. We are searching for files that do not contain _JEXEC, thus are not working in Joomla 1.5. Those extensions need to be removed (except for CB and UddeIM, which work on both).

I think you have either CB plugin or UddeIM/CB template that doesn't work in Joomla 1.5 Native.
More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by sozzled
Wiki article Legacy mode has been updated. This topic is now closed.
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds