Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged Problems with Gravatar avatar images

More
11 years 8 months ago #21 by edandrea
i just installed 2.0.1 and I cannot find anywhere to add an avatar for users. One of my clients just upgraded to 2.0.1 and all their avatars were replaced by the generic blue gravatar logo. There don't seem to be any controls or options for uplloading avatars for either users or admin.

Are we missing something or is the new version missing something? What should we do?

Thanks
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #22 by 810
Hi,
i think you enabled gravatar integration.

go to Backend - kunena - click on plugins.

then disable gravatar.

regards 810

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #23 by sozzled
G'day, edandrea, and welcome to Kunena.

We often receive questions about people having problems with uploading avatars and these problems arise from a variety of causes. Sometimes the cause is not having sufficient read/write permissions on the folders where avatar images are stored; sometimes the problems are related to other components that people have installed on their websites.

The Gravatar issue is discussed elsewhere. Unless you know exactly how to use Gravatar integration, I would not recommend that you start using such advanced features until you know more about them. I don't know anything about using Gravatar image integration with Kunena. The only thing that I know is that Gravatar integration is controlled via a plugin and, if I was in your situation, I would disable it.

I assume that you (or your users) would not use Kunena to upload their own avatar images if you want, instead, to use Gravatar images. You (and your users) would need to use the Gravatar image upload facility.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 5 months ago #24 by sharesau
Just wondering how to change the profile pic for my profile on a kunena forum. I signed up when it was running a previous version, the forum has since been upgraded. Could someone tell me how this is done.

Below are my configuration settings.

Thanks in advance

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_mynxx_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 03/31/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 2.2.7.981

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 5 months ago #25 by sharesau
I have gone to edit my profile, gone to avatar image and uploaded the one I want. The page just basically refreshes and the pic never shows. Everything else oin my computer seems to be working fine.

More
11 years 5 months ago #26 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

Please read what Matias wrote in msg #3 above.

More
11 years 5 months ago #27 by vbsouthern

Matias wrote: You should be able to change avatar from Kunena if all the avatar integrations are turned off (plugins tab). I cannot reproduce this in my own environment -- editing profile always displays avatar tab.

The above solution worked for me. Plug-in Manager: Kunena - Gravatar Integration - Enable Gravatars = No

"O ye that love mankind! Ye that dare oppose, not only the tyranny, but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. O! receive the fugitive, and prepare in time an asylum for mankind."

~ Thomas Paine - Common Sense

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #28 by Vue
Hi

When i log in to site/forum as member i don't see any options to change the image/avatar
I clicked edit profile but i dont see anything there, in this forum i see an avatar image tab
But not on my site.. i don't even have an option for members to change their image through joomla

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Vue.

More
11 years 3 months ago #29 by TKtemp
Hi,

you probably enabled Kunena Gravatar Integration plugin. Disable it and all will back to normal.

More
11 years 2 months ago #30 by Vue
Thanks did the job, now i must find a way to make those images into a dropdown instead of displaying them down the page.

Time to create page: 0.661 seconds