Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 3 months ago #231 by sozzled
Di Nubila. For me to properly classify this problem and to help you (and others) looking for answers to problems, I need to know something very important. You posted your question in the Installation and Upgrade category. This category is for people who are having problems during the upgrade or who cannot successfully install the Kunena component. From what I read you have successfully installed Kunena. Yes, is that correct?

You wrote "options have changed" after the upgrade. What do you mean, exactly, by "options have changed"? Can you post a picture of these changed "options", please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #232 by Di Nubila
I've successfully Upgraded Kunena from 1.6 to 1.6.2, no installation errors

I've posted here because problem origin is AFTER installation

"No options changed" means that the options were the same before the installation, i didn't made any change.......
when i discovered Forum problems, i try to change options in admin--->conf-->site
Options I changed AFTER discovered forum problem were:

Original Configuration (Kunena 1.6):
SEF Url --> On
Mod_rewrite --> on
Suffix --> off

then I tried to change them in different combinations, and i discovered that the problem is SEF url, if it is setted on it doesn't work......

I hope it i's helpfull for you to find a solution :-)

Pallavolo, Minivolley, tecnica e tattica del Volley su

www.volleycoach.it
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Di Nubila.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #233 by sozzled
We seem to be going around in circles. This topic subject is "Problem Upgrading to 1.6.2 from 1.6.0" but the subject does not really describe the problem, the subject needs to be changed and the topic needs to be moved to a different category. I don't know (a) what is a better category or (b) what is a better subject. I do know that the Installation and Upgrade category is not appropriate and the topic subject does not describe the problem.

Until a better suggestion comes along, I am moving this topic to the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category because that's where I think it belongs. From what you have written, the problem is a Joomla issue; it is not a Kunena issue even though you are having problems using Kunena.

We need the subject to describe exactly the nature of the problem. We don't want to read "after I upgraded I now have forum problems" without knowing exactly what are those problems. We have asked you to help us to understand the exact nature of those problems and we have failed to understand your problem (and I am sorry about that). However one thing is totally clear. This is not a problem involving the the physical process of installing Kunena. This is a problem that has occurred after the upgrade.

I believe that the problems are best described as "I do not know how to use Joomla SEO settings." That is not a Kunena issue. That is a Joomla issue. The article Search Engine Optimization (SEO) describes how to address this issue. So, if that is your problem I recommend that you look at what we have written about how to use Joomla SEO and apply that knowledge to your problem ... or ask the question at the Joomla support forum . However if "I do not know how to use Joomla SEO settings" is not your problem, then let's find out what is your problem.

Your Joomla Global Configuration will only work if you have the right kind of .htaccess file for your configuration. The "standard" .htaccess file (that comes with Joomla) works in most cases, but not all cases. So we can keep talking about how you have set your Global Configuration settings as

SEF Url --> On
Mod_rewrite --> on
Suffix --> off

and I will say "yes, that's right" ... and it still will not work if you don't have a .htaccess file to make those settings work. Do you understand?

We asked you before if you were using standard Joomla SEF. This was your reply:

Di Nubila wrote: js seo Tags 4.2
SEF Patch for 1.5.22

I don't know what these things are, but they are not standard Joomla. So, my advice is to get rid of them.

I wrote earlier, that your K 1.6 configuration report shows that you do not have a .htaccess file and I still don't know if you have a .htaccess file. So why are we still discussing this problem?

Earlier in this topic we suggested that you might have an old Kunena menu item, one leftover from your K 1.6.0 installation, that was causing the browser redirection errors. You said that this was not the case and that this was not your problem.

However, all that I have written might not even be relevant to the problems that you are having. Can we find out exactly what is the problem, please?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #234 by PAUSIMS
Replied by PAUSIMS on topic Help with menu setup
Hi guys :)

I noticed that I had the alias of "forum" in my main menu set as "foro" (Spanish for "forum") but the post/section URL's still had "/forum" in the URL (I'm using Joomla's SEF option with mod_rewrite).

I ended up discovering that that's because the parent item in the kunena menu had the alias set as "forum" and I changed it to "foro" but since then every action in the board results in a "infinite loop" error :(

My setup is like this:

1) Main menu > There's a "kunena forum > entrypage" button
2) Kunena Menu > There's a parent item ("kunena forum > entrypage") and the child items are the recent topics, etc. pages)

It looks like the entrypage shouldn't be in both the Kunena menu and the Main menu but if I set the main menu button to be a URL pointing to mysite.com/foro it returns a "component not found".

It should work by moving the whole kunena menu in the main menu but I don't want to do that. I haven't tried to set the "recent topics", "new topics"... as parent items in the kunena menu and delete the "entrypage" parent item in the kunena menu, should it work that way? :huh:

Thanks ;)

More
13 years 3 months ago #235 by Di Nubila
All Right, maybe the name of topic isn't correct.......
I thought to write in "Upgrade Section" becaus the problem was born AFTER Upgrade.......
The problem "Page doesn't redirect correctly" come only in Firefox.....In Explorer page is blank, and it load to infinite.....

I don't know what isa the problem.......but BEFORE upgrade forum worked correctly.....Then JOOMLA SEO parameters were setted correctly........

on server Exists .htaccess file......i posted its content in previous reply......

I don't know what to do...... :-(

Can I restore previous version ????

www.volleycoach.it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemo

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #236 by sozzled

Di Nubila wrote: The problem "Page doesn't redirect correctly" come only in Firefox ...

OK, can we just stop here, please.

The real problem is what I wrote about a week ago. "The page isn't redirecting properly" is really what this problem is all about. This, is what I wrote a week ago (msg #13):

I think that the problem is that there is an old menu item that pointed to Kunena that was not updated when you performed the upgrade and, because this out-of-date menu item is still there, now you are getting " The page isn't redirecting properly " errors. Isn't this really what's happening?

This is what you wrote (msg #15):

The problem isn't the same ...

But now you are saying that you are getting the message "The page isn't redirecting properly".

Would you please confirm for us that this is really what your problem is about and then we can help you with this problem. Thank you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nemo

More
13 years 3 months ago #237 by Di Nubila
I'm sure my English isn't very clear, but this is that i wrote in first topic:

The Forum index is all right, alla topics are there.......
but when clikking on any one or categories, the page doesn't appear.......Page error "this page doesn't redirect correctly"

The problem isn't the same ...

was the reply to post 14........I tried shikaboom's solution, but it didn't work........and i wrote:

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work......(with your solution)

(Evidently) The problem isn't the same.......

I Confirm the problem is "Page doesn't redirect properly".......

www.volleycoach.it

More
13 years 3 months ago #238 by fares5shm
Hello:
I know that my problem is not new in the forum, but I couldn't solve it yet!

I have a site:
www.taswiqonline.net/site
then I moved it to
www.taswiqonline.net

after that I enabled joomla SEO setting:
Search Engine Friendly URLs: yes
Use Apache mod_rewrite: yes
Add suffix to URLs: no

and of course I changed htaccess.txt to .htaccess

the whole site works great, but when I try to enter any category or topic in the forum I get this error:
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

and the address looks like this:
www.taswiqonline.net/forum/21--/12

Is that related to the Arabic language?
What Can I do?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 18M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 3.5.0 | creationdate: June 2010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

please help :(

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #239 by sozzled

Di Nubila wrote: I confirm the problem is "Page doesn't redirect properly" ...

:woohoo: Hooray! At last we've identified the problem. The problem is "This page isn't redirecting properly"!

Please look at what we wrote before in this topic (I have merged your question into the topic called "This page isn't redirecting properly") There are some really good ideas that you may not have seen. I know that some of these ideas will help you.

More
13 years 3 months ago #240 by sozzled

fares5shm wrote: [I have]
Search Engine Friendly URLs: yes
Use Apache mod_rewrite: yes
Add suffix to URLs: no

and of course I changed htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Is that related to the Arabic language?

G'day, fares5shm, and welcome to Kunena.

It is most unlikely that your problem is related to the Arabic language, or related to a defective .htaccess file or related to incorrectly used Joomla SEO settings. However, the problem is probably related to the combination of using SEO and your Joomla menu. Please see earlier ideas mentioned through this discussion topic. They will help you.

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds