Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 3 months ago #181 by tbritton
This problem also occurs with Joomla l.5 and changing the forum link to an alias also solves the problem. I think it is only partly true that the problem is due to the users configuration. Although a users configuration will affect the results, the real root cause appears to be a conflict between the Main Menu link to the forum and the Kunena Menu links which appear to confuse Joomle SEF (Joomla SEF uses the menus to help determine the clean url).

In my case I could get to the forum, but not to any forum categories. If I turned off SEF it solved the problem. If I unpublished the Kunena Menu it also solved the problem. If I turned off my main menu and published the Kunena Menu to another module position (so I could get to it and navigate to the forum) it also solved the problem. By doing the alias this also removes the conflict between the two menus.

Sorry I can't be more specific about what the problem is within the link setup, but I only know enough about how Joomla uses menus to determine SEF's to get myself in trouble. Hope this helps in understanding the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #182 by madLyfe
Replied by madLyfe on topic redirect errors
i was wondering if this was something going on with my host cuz ive never had this issue till the last couple of hours.. i can get to my forum and see profiles, recent posts, etc.. what i cant do is get into the "welcome mat" or "suggestion box" categories on a default install nor can i get into the threads under "recent topics" even tho i can see them.. here are the errors the chrome and firefox are giving me:

word up!
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #183 by sozzled
madLyfe: I think that you'll find this topic - that I have merged your post with - will address your question better. ;)

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #184 by madLyfe

sozzled wrote: madLyfe: I think that you'll find this topic - that I have merged your post with - will address your question better. ;)

so its because of the kunena menu thats auto installed?

word up!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by madLyfe.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #185 by madLyfe

sozzled wrote: Here is something that might explain why upgrading from an older version of Kunena to K 1.6.1 might result in a redirect loop.

You need to look carefully at your menu items to see if you have any items that already exist with the alias "forum". As you know, when you create a menu item in Joomla (and you leave the menu alias field blank (when you're creating your menu item) Joomla automatically fills it with something. For example if you create a menu item with the name "Kunena Forum", Joomla will automatically generate the alias name "kunena-forum".

What might be happening (that's causing the redirect problem) is that users already have a menu item with the alias "forum". Along comes Kunena 1.6.1 and it tries to create another menu item with the alias "forum". So you end up with two menu items, each of them with the same alias. That's when the website gets confused.

Perhaps a better approach is to recommend (a) trashing, then (b) permanently deleting the Kunena menu and any links to Kunena that the user may have on their site and then (c) recreate the Kunena menu.

Does this help?

this is the problem.. i installed joomla and kunena freshly.. when kunena installs it creates a "Forum" menu item under the "Main Menu". shown below..

also when kunena is installed it creates a whole new menu called "Kunena Menu".. in this menu the first menu item is "Forum" which conflicts with the menu item "Forum" that is located in the "Main Menu".. thus you just have to rename one of them to something else, like "Kunena Forum" like i did in th picture below:

still dont understand it all but thats the way around it..

word up!
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by madLyfe.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #186 by sozzled
This sometimes happens if the Joomla template does not have a "main menu" item for Kunena. If, for example, you have a menu called mainmenu that does not have a Kunena menu item then, when you use the Create Menu function, you can create an item for Kunena in this mainmenu menu. Similarly, when you install Kunena, the installation process will try to find if there already exists a menu item in the mainmenu menu and, if there isn't one there, it will create one. It's when you have two different menu items for Kunena, both having the same [alias] name, that causes redirect loop problems.

There are two schools of thought on this issue. One view is that it's better for the Kunena installation procedure to create a menu item (if one doesn't exist, of course) somewhere. But where, specifically, should that somewhere be? The answer is to try to put this menu item into the mainmenu menu because that's the most likely place that people will want to put a link to their forum. But what if they've already got a link somewhere else?

The other view is that it's safer if the installation procedure does not not create a menu item anywhere and leave that choice to the person who is installing Kunena. Of course that means this forum will be flooded with the inevitable "How do I create a menu link to Kunena?" question.

So, as you see, there's no simple answer to this dilemma.

In your case you already have a link to Kunena somewhere on your website, but not in the mainmenu menu. Therefore when you upgrade Kunena you get another menu item created, but the existing menu link still exists and then you get redirect loop issues.

In my own case - because I use really simple Joomla templates and, most of the time, I use default installations of software, I don't experience these issues. On one of my test websites I have performed about 20 Kunena upgrades and, in each case, the upgrade has not attempted to add a new menu link. Like most things in Joomla, it's a case of being aware of how things work and, if you want to do things in your own way, then you need to pay special attention to some things.

The Joomla's flexibility is both a blessing and a curse. Fortunately, in this last case just described, madLyfe has discovered the answer and has posted details of the workaround that has solved his problems. All that I've done is to try to provide an explanation to help others understand why these things happen. B)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #187 by shanekiller
Soo I had a menu item named Forum and i deleted it worked fine so i re-made it didn't work again. My problem was that it would load the forum but when I clicked a category it didn't work, so I went to the menu item and made an external link and instead of using the default kenune index link I put "index.php?option=com_kunena" and worked like a charm hopes this helps someone.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #188 by redlo
Replied by redlo on topic Plugin Artio joomsef Kunena
Hello, with version 1.5.12 of kunena and artio joomsef 3.7.x all is ok, but I installed new version kunena 1.6.2 and update plugin kunena (I clear old tables xx_fb_xxx).

For example: www.solojoomla.com/foro/plugins-1.6/cont...itas-a-articulo.html

The result :
La página no está redirigiendo adecuadamente. Firefox ha detectado que el servidor está redirigiendo la solicitud a esta dirección de una manera en la que nunca terminará.

Result Translate google :
This page is not redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request to this address in a way that will never end.

if I desactivate plungin its all OK, but if the plugin is activate, URL does not work for more than 15,000 links solojoomla Forum

I had to close the forum. Help please, I have tried everything iclude update.kunena.com/ked/plug-ins/69 Dont working
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by redlo.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #189 by redlo
Fixed issue B) but continues to fail in some post
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by redlo.

More
13 years 3 months ago #190 by Helixir
Replied by Helixir on topic Re: SOLVED!!
Works!!! After delete default kunena menu - all works property)))) xD
Thx man):silly:

Time to create page: 0.687 seconds