Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #201 by readyman
Advice taken, here is the report guys. :) Btw Morti, my grandmother is from Finland, I am 33& Finnish myself. nice to see a friendly attidue also. :)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : js_optimus_free | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.3 | creationdate: 10/01/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3.1) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by readyman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #202 by Victorius
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem after installing Kunena. I cannot access the threads, I am rejected with this redirect error.

I've read the whole thread but found no solution. So, What do I have to do to make it work?

Thank you.

Victorius.

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : yoo_explorer | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.8 | creationdate: December 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 2 months ago #203 by sozzled
Victorius: Thank you for your question and thank you for reading this entire topic.

If you have read this entire topic you will see that there are several possible causes for the "redirect loop" situation. However it seems most likely that the cause affecting most users is because they have two menu items, both of them have the menu alias "forum", just like you had.

But I went to your website, and I clicked the menu item that is labelled Fórum , and I did not encounter any "This webpage has a redirect loop" error message when I clicked on any links on your site. So, maybe you fixed the problem before I looked at it? :dry:

Also, if you have read this entire topic, you will also see - several times - my responses to where people have shown in their K 1.6 configuration reports that they are using legacy mode. I always advise people, who are using legacy mode, to read the very important information about legacy mode and to eliminate the cause of their dependence on this feature. If you do not have any J! 1.0 software running on your website, then disable the System - Legacy plugin. If you are running J! 1.0 software on your website, then uninistall it and do not use J! 1.0 software because there is no support for it.

K 1.6 has not been tested with legacy mode.

More
13 years 2 months ago #204 by xillibit
Hello,

Delete the kunena menu by usning Joomla menu manager and re-create it by unsing the function in Kunena control panel.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: readyman

More
13 years 2 months ago #205 by readyman
Cheers mate, I really appreciate your help. It worked perfectly. :)

Thank you very much!

-readyman

More
13 years 2 months ago #206 by gwinstanley
our website newdeva.maryamwebster.com, the forum link is a submenu item of the Community tab and is set up to point to the Kunea menu. I was running version 1.6.1 and up until today everything was working. The site itself is not yet live and while there was no data in the forum, I had been building topics. My client requested that I rename the top level and add additional categories as well as moving some other sub categories to new parents. At this point the forum stoppod functioning well and I got messages regarding not having authorization to view the pages, even thoush I was logged as the super admin. Then I began to receive the following error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

At this point, since there is no live data on the forum and I saw that a new version had come out, I did a clean install of the new version, following the instructions provided with the zip file.

I am still receiving the same error messae "The Page isn't redirecting properly.

I have double checked and made sure that there were no old menu items listed, the site is running with friendly URLs enabled as well as using sh404 SEF which had not caused a problem before. I also did a menu create from the configuration panel to set up a clean menu link and this has also failed to resolve the page isn't resolving error.

Below is listed my system configuration report. I am assuming that I've probably got a menu redirect issue, but so far, have not been able to find it. Any direction on where to go from here to fix this so that I can get my forum back on line and maintain my project's deadline would be greatly.

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : yoo_expo | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.2 | creationdate: December 2010

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 2.0.3) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 2.1.9.787) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

appreciated

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #207 by sozzled
G'day, gwinstanley, and welcome to Kunena.

A useful tip for you (and others in your situation) is to use the actual error message that you get as a search term in this forum. Searching for "The page isn't redirecting properly" would have shown you where you need to be look for the solution.

I have merged your topic with one that I think will solve your problems.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saifee

More
13 years 2 months ago #208 by MrSimondo
I have just installed Kunena at www.gigsandfestivals.co.uk/forum/index and everything installed fine... Apart from when i click on the categories eg ( www.gigsandfestivals.co.uk/forum/2-welcome-mat ) the page does not load all i get is: This webpage has a redirect loop.

I have searched this forum and changed my joomla settings for hours now but nothing fixes the problem

Could somebody please help

More
13 years 2 months ago #209 by perrineco
Hello
I have the same issue and tried to generate the menu from kunena (but without success so far).
Here is my configuration settings:

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : BoiteOutils | author: Perrine Colignon | version: 0.0 | creationdate: 25/04/07

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.3.1) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.2)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Installed (Version : 1.0.16_Beta) | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Thank you for your help, I am going on searching!
Perrine

More
13 years 2 months ago #210 by sozzled
G'day, MrSimondo, and welcome to Kunena.

Simplify your site menus. Delete all menus that relate to Kunena - everything - trash all these things and permanently delete the menu trash. After you have done that, use the Create Menu feature at at the backend. I hope this helps. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds