Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged "This webpage has a redirect loop"

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #221 by shikaboom
Waiting for a solution to this problem as well, the 1.6.2 forum only works when i switch the SEF off

I've tried pretty all combinations of commenting out and not doing so in my .htaccess file, no luck...

Any help appreciated :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by shikaboom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #222 by sozzled
The solution to the SEO problems is to read Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in the Wiki. If this does not solve your Joomla SEO problems then please follow up your questions at the Joomla support forum . Sometimes this will not solve your problems and you need to discuss your SEO issues with your webhosting provider. Not all hosted solutions allow the use of SEO.

In my own case, I have not made any changes to the standard Joomla .htaccess file (the file that ships with Joomla as htaccess.txt; the file that you need to rename as .htaccess; the file that you need to store in your Joomla site root folder).

In my case, I use the following settings, always:

SEF Url's --> on
Mode Rewrite --> on
Suffix --> off
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #223 by Di Nubila
Maybe tou didn.t anderstand.........

Kunena !.6.0 worked until Upgraded to Kunena 1.6.2

Options were changed after upgrade and when Forum didn't work......

The problem, i think, is something in 1.6.2 not in Joomla SEF settings, because are the same......

Pallavolo, Minivolley, tecnica e tattica del Volley su

www.volleycoach.it

More
13 years 3 months ago #224 by Di Nubila
This is .Htaccess file :

##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt 14401 2010-01-26 14:10:00Z louis $
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2010 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Joomla! is Free Software
##

#####################################################
# READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
#
#####################################################

## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
#Options +FollowSymLinks

#
# mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/sito
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ sito/$1 [L]

########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits
## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
## Deny access to extension xml files (uncomment out to activate)
#<Files ~ "\.xml$">
#Order allow,deny
#Deny from all
#Satisfy all
#</Files>
## End of deny access to extension xml files
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error!
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L]
#
########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits

# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#
########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section

www.volleycoach.it

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #225 by sozzled

Di Nubila wrote: Kunena !.6.0 worked until Upgraded to Kunena 1.6.2. Options were changed after upgrade and [then] forum didn't work.

What "options" are we discussing, please? :unsure:

I think I know what the problem is. It has taken me a while to work this out because this topic was put in the Installation and Upgrade category. In fact this issue is not about having a problem during the installation; this issue is about using the forum after Kunena had been successfully installed!

I think that the problem is that there is an old menu item that pointed to Kunena that was not updated when you performed the upgrade and, because this out-of-date menu item is still there, now you are getting "The page isn't redirecting properly" errors. Isn't this really what's happening?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #226 by shikaboom
It is exactly whats happenings

www.kunena.org/forum/154-miscellaneous-o...yq?limit=10&start=10

The solution there works perfect.

Simply instead of in your menu when you link to the forum choosing Kunena Forum >>> Entry Page

Choose Alias and then select Kunena top menu >> forum >> Index in it!!

This should make all your problems go away

More
13 years 3 months ago #227 by ToCa
(I hope I've posted this in the right category)

I'm pretty new to Kunena - had a lot of experience with phpBB in the past, but now I want a forum that is perfectly integrated with my site.

I've installed it at www.streetstyled.com/forum but for some reason I couldn't post items (thanks to searching this forum I've found the cause for this). I do have another problem where I can't find the cause of or solution for: when you click a category, the userlist or the stats, I get a time-out! (Tested this in IE, FF & Chrome)

Does this sound familiar to anybody and is it possible to give me some advice on what to do?

My config-settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Joomla default template details : ssc | author: StreetStyled.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2010-11-08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 3 months ago #228 by sozzled
Yes, you did post your question in category that was not appropriate but I have moved it for you.

You aren't so much getting "time-outs" as you put it. You are getting the message "The page isn't redirecting properly" when I click a topic. If you search for the actual message you would find some help. Please look at the topic that I have merged your question with, and you should find the answer soon enough.

I hope this helps.

More
13 years 3 months ago #229 by Aventura
YAY! Thank you once again sozzled for providing me with a solution. I did indeed have two links to kunena with the same alias. Perhaps in description of the entry page and index page links (when you create them) it should say "DO NOT USE "forum" or any other alias already used in "kunena-menu" or you WILL create redirect loops!"

Cheers
Aventura54
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

More
13 years 3 months ago #230 by Di Nubila
I'm sorry, but it doesn't work........

The problem isn't the same....... :-( :(

www.volleycoach.it

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds